Flight Rising Rant Thread

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Flight Rising Rant Thread

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah. A queue type system really is a must, or the option to unlock new cauldrons for gold so three or four things can brew at once. There should also be the option to cancel what's currently brewing.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, it would be nice if it were like the Harvest Moon makers. Sleep, cleaning, eating, grooming and such are all very good things. :D
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I would be so up for multiple cauldrons. Specially since I literally just started another brew, breaking down Firebrand Tungsten for Ooze without realizing that it was Purple Ooze I needed which was handed to me in the previous batch. :| I just need1 Green Sludge to craft the Beaker, then all I need is 1 Silver Muck and 1 Red Sludge for the Sentient Alloy familiar Dx

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Okay Baldwin. Thank you, yes green is my favourite colour, but...
This is starting to get a little silly.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I FINALLY GOT A GOLD MUCK.

...oh look, you can't make the familiar anymore.

Of course. :evil:

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Okay FR people(obviously no one here. This is just in general)...can we shut up about how you refuse to acknowledge, despite screenshots from the admins of FR themselves and it being on their official tumblrs, that a fictional dragon is not trans, but is male? Good god, who the fuck cares.......instead of bitching and whining about it, why not ask the admins to MAKE A NEW CHARACTER FOR SOMETHING ELSE and make them trans? That would be much more productive. It's not a big fuckin' deal. It's a goddamn image on a dragon breeding site. Sick of seeing this all over the place(mostly on tumblr). GET. OVER. IT.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

What dragon?

I'd personally love if they added an officially trans dragon, being NB myself. But i'm not going to riot over it

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Scarlet wrote:What dragon?

I'd personally love if they added an officially trans dragon, being NB myself. But i'm not going to riot over it
Baldwin, because he's missing a horn due to a smelting ummmm , transmog accident. Frankly I just found him to be a goofy old man, ear hair and all.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yes this whole Trans Baldwin thing is getting out of hand. It was a cute head cannon but now it's nothing but drama. I was recently lumped together with some other users and called "transphobic", because apparently I was trying hard to "disprove their head cannons". But all I said in my post was that staff confirmed it to be an alchemy accident.

It just really surprised me? I never said anything against trans people, but I have every right to go with the staff's reasoning if I choose to. Just like you have every right to come up with your own head cannon. If you feel you can relate with people by believing Baldwin is trans, go ahead. But don't get mad that not everyone follows along.

I'm totally supportive of trans people but it seems like there are some super loud-mouthed from the tumblr crowd on FR... usually they frequent the general discussion forums which makes me really uncomfortable posting there sometimes, especially on anything having to do with the LGBT community. Anything can be taken the wrong way and it's not worth the drama.

I know Scribbles was confirmed nonbinary? And it'd be cool to get more npcs like that. But people really need to chill.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

The sad thing I found is this whole thing that a good amount of the actual Trans people find it offensive that people are trying to force something that's not, and nobody is listening to them. :( And yes I believe Scribbles is Non-Binary (? proper wording)

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

I saw the whole people calling other people 'transphobic' thing and I just rolled my eyes. I'm sure I'll get slack for this, but people need to cool their tits. Just because someone wants to follow CONFIRMED lore of the site and understands that it was most likely just something that wasn't really considered much at the time does not mean they're out to stomp all over trans people. I was so tempted to go in there and laugh at the people getting all offended, but that would have really made it worse.

Trans, Bi, Les, Gay or anything else. You are welcome to your opinions. You are welcome to be who you are. But when you start throwing around the "THIS PERSON IS DISRESPECTING ME AND ALL PEOPLE LIKE ME" at the most subtle thing, that's when we're gonna have problems >_>

*prepares to be swarmed by hate.*

Siggy under construction!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yes, Scribbles is non-binary. Admins confirmed that. Just like they confirmed Baldwin is a male. FFS....it has gotten out of hand and yeah, I support trans peeps just fine, but holy crap....x.x;

If people want the proof, there it is. I'm really annoyed I'm seeing people say "That's not proof!!!!!111" when...yes it is. He said "Horn was due to cauldron accident" and "Born male". That is a confirmation as much as it is when Blizz says they're putting flying in the game. I'd love for my tumblr feeds to NOT be flooded with this stupid drama over a picture's gender. Christ sakes....

LisaaraPokefarm

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I saw somewhere this whole scary "trans Baldwin" debacle and like, I don't wanna touch that with a hundred foot pole like omfg it's FR. Of all sites, it's FR. I'm transmasculine and I don't give a duskrat's butt over the argument cause it's FR we're talking about lmao. Most likely it's something they accidently messed up on because they forgot female Pearlcatcher's only have one horn, while male's have two.

They reuse apparel art on multiple dragons. They forget legs on dragons. I don't know if Skydancer's sketches were the sponsors art or their art, but if it was FR's final draw up of the sponsors breed then like they went overboard by making them too large for what space is available to a species art, and made it look like they are living in an invisible box. Dunno about you guys, but it bugs me a lot. They have been doing weird things to male Tundras and literally no one can come up with a consensus whether it's the back leg poking out behind their right front, or if that's their left front. All anyone knows is that their stance is really awkward. Female Fae's have terrifyingly long necks that apparel doesn't cover when it logically should.

I do like their reasoning for why he doesn't have one, regardless of if it's because they noticed they messed up his art or if it was an intended thing. We get metallic bubbling muck from throwing familiars into the cauldron. We can make flubber monsters out of really bizarre stuff. God knows what we're gonna be able to make later on that's in its own special way morbid and unsettling. Anything can happen in that cauldron. xD

Aaaanyways lmao, since we're talking about Baldwin, I don't know what he's doing but like wtf. I'm tossing in 1 star trinkets to get Green Sludge and I'm getting literally every other color except Blue from him?? Like, instead of the super common Green, I'm getting Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple (so far I have more Red's and Purples than any other color off these broken spectacles I've been tossing in, but when I was handing him the candles from NotN which is the shiny iridescent star, I was getting Yellow). I'm so confused and augh I just want my Silverglow Meditate, I'm 2 Green Sludge from being able to start that craft when I go to bed tonight (I like making items at night cause they take a couple hours, and transmute during the day when its only half-hour intervals)

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It's also very possible that some male pearlcatchers can simply be born with one horn. Like Scribbles and their spade tail, it's not far fetched to believe that each breed has its individuals that deviate from the "usual" male and female art.

And my problem with Baldwin is the black slime. >.> Dang thing refuses to show.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I need Blue Goo,have every other color but that in multiples , *sigh*

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Lupen202 wrote:It's also very possible that some male pearlcatchers can simply be born with one horn. Like Scribbles and their spade tail, it's not far fetched to believe that each breed has its individuals that deviate from the "usual" male and female art.

And my problem with Baldwin is the black slime. >.> Dang thing refuses to show.
Oh, wut? They have a spade tail?? That is so cute omg <3 I didn't even know they showed physical variants beyond gender dimorphism and the applied genes gem/spines to dragons, player owned/bred or npc :0

So far I only have one Grey Slime murr >< I'm guessing its for the goggles? I can't see what ingredients they take yet, I'm not at lvl 5 :C
Syleye wrote:I need Blue Goo,have every other color but that in multiples , *sigh*
If I had any, I'd trade, but sadly I've only gotten 1 before and I used it on the Sentient Alloy. I have like no high star food items cause I was converting practically everything I wasn't hoarding for my collection into om noms .-------.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Chimera wrote:I saw somewhere this whole scary "trans Baldwin" debacle and like, I don't wanna touch that with a hundred foot pole like omfg it's FR. Of all sites, it's FR. I'm transmasculine and I don't give a duskrat's butt over the argument cause it's FR we're talking about lmao. Most likely it's something they accidently messed up on because they forgot female Pearlcatcher's only have one horn, while male's have two.

They reuse apparel art on multiple dragons. They forget legs on dragons. I don't know if Skydancer's sketches were the sponsors art or their art, but if it was FR's final draw up of the sponsors breed then like they went overboard by making them too large for what space is available to a species art, and made it look like they are living in an invisible box. Dunno about you guys, but it bugs me a lot. They have been doing weird things to male Tundras and literally no one can come up with a consensus whether it's the back leg poking out behind their right front, or if that's their left front. All anyone knows is that their stance is really awkward. Female Fae's have terrifyingly long necks that apparel doesn't cover when it logically should.

I do like their reasoning for why he doesn't have one, regardless of if it's because they noticed they messed up his art or if it was an intended thing. We get metallic bubbling muck from throwing familiars into the cauldron. We can make flubber monsters out of really bizarre stuff. God knows what we're gonna be able to make later on that's in its own special way morbid and unsettling. Anything can happen in that cauldron. xD

Aaaanyways lmao, since we're talking about Baldwin, I don't know what he's doing but like wtf. I'm tossing in 1 star trinkets to get Green Sludge and I'm getting literally every other color except Blue from him?? Like, instead of the super common Green, I'm getting Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple (so far I have more Red's and Purples than any other color off these broken spectacles I've been tossing in, but when I was handing him the candles from NotN which is the shiny iridescent star, I was getting Yellow). I'm so confused and augh I just want my Silverglow Meditate, I'm 2 Green Sludge from being able to start that craft when I go to bed tonight (I like making items at night cause they take a couple hours, and transmute during the day when its only half-hour intervals)
100% agreed and also, it's REALLY old art so...xD They had to do something...and damn you for getting the purple. XD I've only gotten one of those.

LisaaraPokefarm

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Put up my new Imp/Wildclaw pair. *Two* people ask for Wildclaw hatchlings only. -__________- There's like a 3% chance for them to have a Wildclaw guys. D:

dnsfjksjdsfnjsdk this frustrates me and makes me want to take the pair down even more for some reason. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

all that materials and i still cant craft the last of the 4 wurms/slimey from lvl 3 :(.. siigh.. soo much breaking down.. all my double familiars (cept manti cores, and the expensive gem familiars) is getting melted ... poor critters.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Aw. :( What colors do you need? I might have some. I'm grumpy that I'm melting trinkets left and right and I've yet to see a single purple or blue. Gah.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!