PTR 6.2 Mystery Tame Contest - SOLVED

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: PTR 6.2 Mystery Tame Contest

Unread post by Lupen202 »

If I had to guess I'd say it's an item you would pick up. Something small that everyone's overlooked over the months it's been in the ptr. I mean going off of some of the treasure Ive found on live like the coin in talador, it can literally be the size of a speck :/ just some small bottle sitting on a table somewhere or... At the bottom of a lake full of felfire.

That or a drop from a vignette like the berries and mother Omra for Gara.

But I too need sleep.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

PhoenixV5
Realm: Twisting-Nether

Unread post by PhoenixV5 »

Any luck so far?
Dexter
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Dexter »

Sounds like tome V2.0
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I don't know why everyone seems disappointed. I was jumping in my seat when I thought i'd found the pet (fel wolf) and was crestfallen when I couldn't figure out how to tame it. I suppose everyone has different opinions on what is exciting though ^.^;

I <3 Draenor wolves

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Scarlet wrote:I don't know why everyone seems disappointed. I was jumping in my seat when I thought i'd found the pet (fel wolf) and was crestfallen when I couldn't figure out how to tame it. I suppose everyone has different opinions on what is exciting though ^.^;

I <3 Draenor wolves
It's just not like there is a lack of wolves (nor cats, really) to obtain, and it's basically a green Gara. Again, if you like it, that's up to you, but it's pretty meh to me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I really like the Draenor wolf models, and I love the color green, so I'm pretty stoked. Love my Gara, but I always wished I could have a fel wolf or one of the fiery ones. But I'm always happy to see new tamables, regardless. :3
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Image What's up? :P

Edit, updated with PTR realm info for verification.

Name: Eldornei (Alliance)
Realm: Naralex (EU) - PvP

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

If that's it, i have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the tease of a new look and all it is is a recolored wolf. :(
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

The first person to find this new tameable on the 6.2 PTR and report back with all the necessary details on how to tame it, here on this thread,

Well? :)

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Congrats Qraljar!

Please edit your post with all the necessary steps for the tame :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Nímrod wrote:
The first person to find this new tameable on the 6.2 PTR and report back with all the necessary details on how to tame it, here on this thread,

Well? :)
Ayy, sorry, Nimrod.

Yeah, okay, so it was a bit of a Gara for me. I wandered around aimlessly, and looked here and there for it. I gave up, thinking the Vial of Fel Cleansing was picked up in some obscure spot. (I got the Explore Tanaan achie x) ), so I started checking WoWhead for any suspicious objects, what have you.

No luck there either, so I took another run around the outer reaches of Tanaan, which is when I ran upon Fel Rangari Anaara (who, by the way, looks really cool), and figured: well, she's a Rangari, and she's an elite. There must be a reason she's sitting on a mushroom on the beach directly south of Fang'rila. Either she was a reference to an employee or something like that, or she was relevant.

I tried fighting her, and well, while I wasn't a 100% sure, once she started using "Soothe Beast" to put my pet to sleep, I figured this was it, as it was way too specific a mechanic for it not to be made to be fought by a hunter.

So I died a few times, feign death'ed a few others. She was quite a pain in the butt.

For one, you have loads of lobsters running around that you can aggro (so kill them, and for the rest of the fight, stay aware of your surroundings or you're gonna have a bad time).

Then you have the mechanics. She's.. not a nice rangari. First of all, she hits hard with melee attacks (ranged attacks not -that- much, but still considerable) and drops Fel Blossoms (stay out of this, for the love of god, stay out of them).

On top of that, she can soothe your pet and put it to sleep for most of the fight, which she does. I tried counter shot, but it didn't work (plus it would interfere with something you'll have to do later, which I'll mention in a bit)

Her other abilities are something you really have to get used to: one is a stealth, so make sure to stay aware for it and drop Flares whenever you suspect she'll stealth.

Her second annoying ability is a buff called Blessing of Fallen Kings, which gives her a 200% damage buff. DISPEL THIS ASAP using tranq shot. It'll destroy you.

Her last ability is a heal that I don't know the name of, and I don't know if it's timed or on HP bases. I got the first one about.. on 55%? Just counter shot it. You have a big enough opportunity to do so.

It's not a massively difficult fight, just one you'll have to get used to. It took me around 10 tries, and I'm not really.. a great hunter when it comes to playing the class. You'll manage, I think.

Anyway, after that, I was relieved to loot the vial off her. I ran straight for Temple of Sha'naar and moved to the Felbound Wolf nest where Ceraxas spawns. Aggro'd a wolf that walked the most away from the group and used the vial. It seemed to have stunned it (though I was in a rush, so I can't confirm. It seemed to lie down), and then I could tame it.

So, a TL;DR because this was sort of a wall.

1. Find Fel Rangari Anaara sitting on a mushroom on the beach south of Fang'rila
2. Kill mobs around her (although they'll probably respawn before the fight ends)
3. Battle Anaara. She has five abilities: Soothe pet, Fel Blossom, Improved Stealth and Blessing of Fallen Kings. Let her do her soothe pet, run out of Fel Blossom, use flare on her when she casts stealths (or if you suspect that she'll do it soon, before that) and tranq shot the blessing ASAP, the most ASAPY-ASAP that you ever have known. Lastly, counter shot her heal (I forgot the name, sorry. x_x, was in such a rush)*
5. Loot the vial.
6. Go to Temple of Sha'naar to the Felbound Wolf pen.
7. Grab a wolf.
8. Use vial and tame.
Last edited by Qraljar on Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

That's pretty cool, and really disappointing - I checked the beach, but didn't see any NPCs aside from crabs/murktide :/

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for that :) Well done again!!! I'll contact you via PM to get your details for the mount.

It'd be fun to run contests more often. Maybe not always with a big prize like this, and not necessarily "find the mystery tame", but if we can think of competitions that might be fun then we'll consider it :)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Thanks for that :) Well done again!!! I'll contact you via PM to get your details for the mount.

It'd be fun to run contests more often. Maybe not always with a big prize like this, and not necessarily "find the mystery tame", but if we can think of competitions that might be fun then we'll consider it :)
I actually had to edit. To add a TL;DR version and to add the fact that she has a heal. Not sure why, but I forgot to mention it. ;_;

Yeah, she has a heal, but it gives you enough of an opportunity to counter shot it. :)

And yeah, it was fun, if exhausting. I had a lot of luck, I guess. It's less random than the Gara tracking quest, though, so I can't complain.

And thanks!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Confession: I've never killed her myself. She's freaking horrible ;) Spiritbinder soloed her though. He's a much better hunter than me ;)
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:Confession: I've never killed her myself. She's freaking horrible ;) Spiritbinder soloed her though. He's a much better hunter than me ;)
I think the worst part about her is the fact that there's Makrura all around her that keep respawning while you try to kill her and attempt to help her rip you apart. Without that factor of messiness, she'd be quite a little bit easier in my opinion.

Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

After reading this, I just had to do it.

Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ickabob wrote:After reading this, I just had to do it.

That was quick. Didn't take you long to adapt to the Anaara fight. How many attempts did it take? (if more than 1)

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PTR 6.2 Mystery Tame Contest - SOLVED

Unread post by Mania »

Congratulations, Qraljar - and thanks for putting in all that hard work!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: PTR 6.2 Mystery Tame Contest - SOLVED

Unread post by Quiv »

FYI about the fight... she isn't marked as a rare, just elite, and its not open tag/group loot.