BlizzGC Live Stream - Expansion Announcement!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: BlizzGC Live Stream - Expansion Announcement!

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

HunterFTW wrote:Ok so after my hunter challenge I disided to finally try to lvl up other classes. DPS specs only though. And now all this stuff for the next expansion comes out....I made a good choice in lvling other classes now. DAME FROSTMOURNE FOR FROST DKs!!!!!!!!!! and that's currently my fav right now. I wonder what the Fury Warrior artifact will be?
Maybe Varians old gladiator swords from when he was Lo'Gosh? Though they could possibly work for arms I guess.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

HunterFTW wrote:Ok so after my hunter challenge I disided to finally try to lvl up other classes. DPS specs only though. And now all this stuff for the next expansion comes out....I made a good choice in lvling other classes now. DAME FROSTMOURNE FOR FROST DKs!!!!!!!!!! and that's currently my fav right now. I wonder what the Fury Warrior artifact will be?
Its a good question. The Frost DK artifact weapon are two 1H swords. And since no more weapons drop in Legion content, that means all Frost is dual wield. Other specs that have this kind of choice (like Fury you mentioned) will likely get stuck with one playstyle as well (my guess is on dual 2H since its more iconic to the spec). Lots of casters have options for weapon type as well. The artifact system seems to force the spec into one type. Not sure how I feel about that or the idea of no more weapon drops Legion level content. Its a bold move, but I'm still... uneasy. Not a fan of stealing away long-standing gameplay options.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Don't forget the developers will be back on the BlizzGC live stream to talk about Legion in more depth on Sunday 8 am US PDT.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19853339?page=1#1

According to the MMO-Champion counter that's 12 hours from now and is 1 am Monday morning for Australian EST.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Did anyone pick up something new from the developer Q&A stream? There were a few tidbits but mostly it seemed like stuff that was already answered in third party interviews, along with some fluff questions and filler. I think the guys just answered what they were asked, probably not their fault (unless the questions were heavily vetted), but the questions seemed a bit of a waste at times and not very probing or new.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
HunterFTW
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: muridain

Unread post by HunterFTW »

atleast it looks like for those that have another spec can also do the quest or so to get there spec artifact once they get they're main weapon. Which sounds good sense I am trying out other DPS specs and want to try them out at some point. Like if I want to go Boomkin instead of Feral.