Terky (white murloc pet) available in game NOW!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Terky (white murloc pet) available in game NOW!

Unread post by Wain »

As reported on Warcraft Pets (Facebook) and on MMO-Champ forums, you can get Terky the white murloc pet in game right now, for nix! This is the first time a non-armoured murloc pet has been available to the entire population.

You can loot his egg in Riplash Ruins, Borean Tundra, in a cave in the water just east of the ruins (kind of the north-east corner). The coordinates are 56,88.

The cave isn't very deep in the water but is very narrow and hard to spot (being a brown twisty cave on a background of brown rock).

As it was posted on MMO-Champion forums already, it's already attracted a lot of worthless human refuse from that site, who are camping on top of it, piling cushions over it, etc. But if you mouse around a bit hopefully you can still pick up the White Murloc Egg.

Good luck :)

Attachments
Terky2.jpg
Terky2.jpg (190.77 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Terky (white murloc pet) available in game NOW!

Unread post by Vephriel »

!!!!

I've been pining for just a plain murloc minipet for years now since I could never get my hands on the originals. This is incredible! :) Going to go pick mine up right now, thanks for the heads up Wain!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No worries :) When I first saw Warcraft Pets post about it on Facebook my first thought was, "... but this isn't April Fool's Day!?"
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Is this for a limited time or will it be around when people get bored of trolling it?

Siggy under construction!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Super cool!! It took a while to loot one because of all the people piling up on it and spamming toys and stuff.

Really cute <:3

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Vephriel

WELP this is what my server looks like.. :lol:

I think it might be a while.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_101715_230656.png
WoWScrnShot_101715_230656.png (558.63 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
Moonith
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore [A] / Zul'jin [H]

Unread post by Moonith »

My pve server was horrible. Both factions were just piled in the cave blocking my view just piling clickable toys everywhere near it. I had to realm hop several times to find a realm that wasn't like this. I finally went to a pvp server. I started a bit of a faction war by smacking a horde tauren standing on the egg and while everyone was running around hitting each other I looted the egg and got out of there quickly. Sneaky cat druid tactics. :headbang: My first murloc pet. It's adorable.

A picture of me using my pet mirror on it then dancing with it. :D

[ FLIGHT RISING: @Moonith ]
See a hatchling you want? If it's available it'll be on the AH or in my Exalt / For Sale tab of my lair!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I hopped over to the Aman'thul server and everyone there was nice and stayed off the egg...except two people and everyone started giving them heck! Was awesome :D Got my egg really quickly.
Makes me wonder though, when exactly this egg was added...has it been missed this whole time?

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Makoes wrote:I hopped over to the Aman'thul server and everyone there was nice and stayed off the egg...except two people and everyone started giving them heck! Was awesome :D Got my egg really quickly.
Makes me wonder though, when exactly this egg was added...has it been missed this whole time?
That's my server. They must have become nicer since I was there a couple of hours ago. Some numpty was throwing those cushions all over the egg. As well as some sad desperate female blood elf (why do they always choose female blood elves?) flagged as pvp hoping that someone would give her (most likely him) attention.

The hysteria will die down :)
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Yeah, the "mad" rush at the beginning then it will slow down as everyone goes back to standing around their garrisons.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Vephriel

Got mine! I was silly and thought I was going for the glowing pearl on the table the whole time. :lol: Thought it just took a while to respawn. Turns out it's an egg on the floor behind the table.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I too was confused by the egg on the table at first. xD But then I zoomed into first person and managed to see the purple outline of the egg in the horde of people... After clicking on it repeatedly for a few seconds I managed to open it and get my little murloc pet.

This really makes me wonder if there are other easter eggs out there yet to be found. And just how long this has been in game...

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Lupen202 wrote:I too was confused by the egg on the table at first. xD But then I zoomed into first person and managed to see the purple outline of the egg in the horde of people... After clicking on it repeatedly for a few seconds I managed to open it and get my little murloc pet.

This really makes me wonder if there are other easter eggs out there yet to be found. And just how long this has been in game...
Wowhead posted this http://www.wowhead.com/news=248987/6-2- ... peculation in early September when 6.2.2 dropped. So my guess is that it has been around since then, but no one found Terky (or was tipped off) until now. It kind of makes me want to run around looking for obscure locations where other goodies could be hiding.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Vephriel

Yeah I think Jeremy confirmed it had been in game for a couple months so it took a bit for anyone to stumble on it, and he hinted that the next thing he'll make sure to hide better so it takes longer to find or something. Now of course I can't find that tweet for the life of me, I was just looking through Terky things last night. Either way I love what this might mean for the future. :)

EDIT: Ah, here's where I saw it
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

That's awesome Veph! I am excited to see what might be next :)

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Am I imagining things now, or did I read in some datamining update that Terky's pet journal entry had changed, indicating it could come from a different source?

This must have been around a month ago, before anyone had actually found the egg. I wasn't surprised upon hearing the news yesterday just because I figured Terky would have shown up sooner or later.

If someone can confirm this for me, then I can rest assured that I'm not going crazy.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: it's already attracted a lot of worthless human refuse from that site, who are camping on top of it, piling cushions over it, etc.
This made me lol!!

Hopefully I can get on tonight and go look for him :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Equeon wrote:Am I imagining things now, or did I read in some datamining update that Terky's pet journal entry had changed, indicating it could come from a different source?
This must have been around a month ago, before anyone had actually found the egg. I wasn't surprised upon hearing the news yesterday just because I figured Terky would have shown up sooner or later.
If someone can confirm this for me, then I can rest assured that I'm not going crazy.
It did. The text for the "Source" was changed (removed) in patch 6.2.2. This made people wonder if the change was an accident or if it was going to be reused. Since Terky was not obvious in the game, and the text wasn't changed to a new source, people assumed that nothing had happened yet. How wrong :)

It's worth noting that this was the only old pet to change text. The rest of the promo pets from Asian servers etc. still have their original Source data. So it's unlikely (though obviously not impossible) that another old pet was added at the same time, unless it was one of the ones that have been in the database a long time but never actually added, or already had blank source info.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I've wanted a murloc pet for so long! So happy!

Got mine early yesterday morning so there weren't a lot of people around. No fuss at all.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Kalhoun wrote:I've wanted a murloc pet for so long! So happy!

Got mine early yesterday morning so there weren't a lot of people around. No fuss at all.
I got mine in the morning, too, thank goodness.
Have you caught yours doing the 'ragtime gal' dance yet?