Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Infinite Timereaver and Grove Warden

Unread post by Lisaara »

That guide is basically...for those that actually have the time. *sigh* It's useless for those who don't have the time(ie work, school, wedding planning, etc.). Another reason why leaving it at store mount is preferred. I'm sorry but....you're not gonna convince me otherwise on this one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Syn wrote: Heroic = Normal from last expansion.
It's essentially the same thing and is easily puggable at the moment and will be even more so when the valor upgrades hit the scene.

I fully understand people who are afraid of messing up, etc. - but this will be available for 40k or less if you choose to pay a guild.
On my server you can already get an Archimonde kill for 40-50k
I am not familiar with the new setup I thought the pre WoD normal's became flex
But If that's the case my old guild clearing skill went down the drain then since WoD released.
pre WoD we cleared normal quite easily and where working on HC back then.

But when I saw my guild in WoD (for the couple of weeks I played ) they could not even clear HC and they where barely clearing normal's.
So that's why I thought heroics where still heroics post WoD.

But that aside.
I am not fond of the whole temporary/seasonal mounts since it started. I rather have it be permanent additions to the game. like they have done before (lower drop rates after exp is over).

I never bought a run to get something in my 10 years of playing and I am not starting now. That and the hassle of being on a timer just puts me off.
As someone that has been on hiatus for quite some months since 6.1 basically. When I initially saw the mounts it perked my interest (something to work for if I would decide to play legion) but it quickly changed to "meh cant be bothered to run that little treadmill".
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Junrei wrote:That guide is basically...for those that actually have the time. *sigh* It's useless for those who don't have the time(ie work, school, wedding planning, etc.). Another reason why leaving it at store mount is preferred. I'm sorry but....you're not gonna convince me otherwise on this one.
The overwhelming sentiment from the community is against you on this - which is why Blizzard are making it an Archi HC reward for a limited time.

After that time is over, it will likely go on the store. If it does (and the community seems happy with the way that works - limited time drop then store purchase) then we can probably see more mounts following the same pattern.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

It wouldn't surprise me if it ended up in the store after, but with that said I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either. This is all new to us really, so we have no idea. The wolf was similar, but tied to aotc and was never tied to the store like the moose was.

Would be nice to get an official statement from Blizz. Yes, no, maybe? Right now though I'm going with the assumption it'll be permanently removed come 7.0.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Nimrod wrote: The overwhelming sentiment from the community is against you on this - which is why Blizzard are making it an Archi HC reward for a limited time.
The thing is the community wanted some way to get the mount in game as well as in the store. They didn't nessarily want it restricted to raiders only for a limited time. And until Blizzard say something concrete I'm not holding my breath for it to be in the store at this point...

I think what people really wanted to see was something meaningful attached to the moose like a quest line but I don't think they meant a quest that only a few would do in a limited time span. I hope they put one in that everyone would be able to experience and have access to - even if its a less flashy version or a different colour etc. The main thing that annoys me isnt that this moose is "just for raiders" it is that there is a obviously lore and a quest that goes with it and most players into that sort of play style don't always raid.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:
Nimrod wrote: The overwhelming sentiment from the community is against you on this - which is why Blizzard are making it an Archi HC reward for a limited time.
The thing is the community wanted some way to get the mount in game as well as in the store. They didn't nessarily want it restricted to raiders only for a limited time. And until Blizzard say something concrete I'm not holding my breath for it to be in the store at this point...

I think what people really wanted to see was something meaningful attached to the moose like a quest line but I don't think they meant a quest that only a few would do in a limited time span. I hope they put one in that everyone would be able to experience and have access to - even if its a less flashy version or a different colour etc. The main thing that annoys me isnt that this moose is "just for raiders" it is that there is a obviously lore and a quest that goes with it and most players into that sort of play style don't always raid.
Exactly this. People don't want things 'just for raiders'. They want stuff for both. Also from what I've seen in the community(my server and my friends and various FB groups I'm a part of), most are upset at this sudden change too. So I'd say most of the community isn't quite as giddy as you think.

LisaaraPokefarm

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

It isn't restricted to raiders. You can buy Archi HC boosts for gold (and with tokens, you buy it indirectly for real money). No doubt there will be lots of guilds available to offer boosts - and with the tokens, you don't have to worry about which server.

Archi HC isn't equivalent to Deathwing Heroic. It's not LK HC. It's normal mode compared to those - and it's been nerfed a few times.

People were against the moose being in the store since the issues with WoD mounts (tons of reskins, any mounts that could have been considered rep related were store mounts like grinning reaver/sky reaver/fey dragon). Considering that, and the fact that some were happy to buy it from the store, it makes perfect sense for the limited drop from Archi to be followed by availability on the store.

Those that were unhappy about it being on the store will no doubt get it via Archimonde. Some of those who would have bought it on the store will do the same. And then when it no longer drops and is switched to the store the other people, those that were unable to do Archi (for whatever reason) and those that wanted to just buy it, can do so.

As for the quest, I think you're expecting far too much. It's probably a breadcrumb quest only - and it's Moonglade because the moose appears "druidic". It's probably going to be something like Get Remnant > Go to Moonglade > Wait 60 seconds for RP > Collect mount.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Junrei wrote:Exactly this. People don't want things 'just for raiders'. They want stuff for both. Also from what I've seen in the community(my server and my friends and various FB groups I'm a part of), most are upset at this sudden change too. So I'd say most of the community isn't quite as giddy as you think.
Like most things in the world, every individual has a different experience and perspective. In my server, my WoW friends/guildies, and the other forums I visit, most people seem to be in favor of the change, although a few have understandably expressed some distress over whether they'll be able to gear up/get enough gold for a carry in time.

Different communities tend to have different group mentalities, whether that's towards the store-loving or store-hating extremes... those who SQUEE and those who RAGE whenever a new store mount is revealed. Obviously, most people tend to fall somewhere in between, but the particular concentration will differ among those different communities I mentioned.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

At the end of MoP I had no trouble getting the wolf from Garrosh with a raiding group as a pug, and I didn't even pay. Hopefully it'll be similar this time once the craziness wears off.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Equeon wrote:
Junrei wrote:Exactly this. People don't want things 'just for raiders'. They want stuff for both. Also from what I've seen in the community(my server and my friends and various FB groups I'm a part of), most are upset at this sudden change too. So I'd say most of the community isn't quite as giddy as you think.
Like most things in the world, every individual has a different experience and perspective. In my server, my WoW friends/guildies, and the other forums I visit, most people seem to be in favor of the change, although a few have understandably expressed some distress over whether they'll be able to gear up/get enough gold for a carry in time.

Different communities tend to have different group mentalities, whether that's towards the store-loving or store-hating extremes... those who SQUEE and those who RAGE whenever a new store mount is revealed. Obviously, most people tend to fall somewhere in between, but the particular concentration will differ among those different communities I mentioned.
That's pretty much what I just said when Nimrod was saying the community, as a whole, disagreed with me. :P I pointed out that it's not quite as much as they think since my experiences differed quite a bit.

LisaaraPokefarm

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: New mounts

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Equeon wrote:
Castile wrote:
Nímrod wrote:It's likely going to be added to the store after the limited time.

People complained that it was a store-only mount. This gives them a new way to obtain it.
That would be nice but i reckon we'll see different colour/armour variants of it elsewhere rather than the exact same model/colour from the raid or you'll get the "muh exclusive raider mount! Casuals can buy it noooo" crowd arc up.
I figured it would be available from the store after you can't get it in-game any more. From the response I've seen on a few forums, it seems like most people wouldn't even mind if you could purchase it afterwards, so long as there was an opportunity to earn it in-game.

If you ask me, that's the best way to offer store mounts, especially if they resemble ingame NPCs like the moose/rylak/ravager/faerie dragon:
Have an exclusive event or challenge to try and earn a mount, and after some period of time, the event ends. After this, the mount can be bought from the Blizzard store.
This seems fair enough. I didn't raid apart from a few normal bosses in WoD and now my guild stopped raiding because lack of people. The only way for me to acquire the moose mount would be buying a boost, because I hate pugs. So I welcome this "in the shop after the expansion ends" thing.

Edit; any idea about the gold boost price?

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

If H-Archi kills are around 50k now, I'd expect the price to double at least on the first week of release, and then gradually drop down as more people get geared and guilds compete with one another.
If past expansions are any indication, it will probably hover around 60-80k. But I'm not a Mythic raider used to selling carries nor a psychic, so take my prediction with a grain of salt.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I've got Archi down on normal now, and up to Iskar on heroic... so hopefully I won't have to pay for a carry. Still stressed since heroic Archi is a big jump in difficulty but I'm just taking it slow. But once 6.2.3 releases and all the gear can be upgraded I think the raid will be much easier considering people will begin to more easily outgear it.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.
Look what i found.
they didn't say what it was. they were talking about making profession interesting and the rewards you would be getting from them and at the end they flashed a few images up on screen and said "and much much more."
The guy on the left is riding a moose.

Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Good news for casual players: there's a group effort called Friendship Moose dedicated to helping you get your moose mount!

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/16/wor ... shipmoose/

This isn't a carry - you'll still need to get your ilvl to 710 and help down Heroic Archimonde, but the whole point of the group is to help you gear up along the way, and have fun in the process.

Alliance-US entries are currently closed, but the site's only been active one day and I'm sure they'll open it back up. Check it out in the meantime!
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

New mount datamined from Legion.
Spirit of Eche'ro - The spirit of Huln Highmountain's pet moose. Profession: Archaeology

It might not be the same, but this way EVERYONE gets a moose mount. Happy now? ;)
Last edited by Equeon on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That friendship moose group is just awesome! So wonderful when communities spring up simply to help out others.

And I saw the spirit moose mount too! That explains the mystery slide during the professions panel that showed a ghost moose. They never said what it was!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Just got my moose yesterday, so happy!! :)

The only thing that disappointed me is how male tauren look on that mount - really buggy and full of bad clipping. Just look at those screenshots I took:

http://i.imgur.com/So6hS1f.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gqw9GBa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RyHwPH6.jpg

I submitted an ingame bug, I hope they fix this because it looks really rubbish at the moment... :(

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU