Gnome hunters!

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Gnome hunters!

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Nachtwulf wrote:
Imma roll one and get her a devilsaur because you better believe I am.
:lol: Image

My quote for the week suits this to a T!

"It's only impossible, if you think about it!" ;)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Rawr wrote:
Equeon wrote:Pretty simple, you'd just need new beast NPCs using those skins. If the robochicken is more than a starting pet and is an actual NPC, that would be the same way. :D
Except those skins are made for things too tiny to be hunter pets, you can't just slap a skin on something 5X what it's made for and hope it's going to work, it won't. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I meant for all of those to be only slightly larger than whatever size the robo-chicken is. We can already tank dungeon bosses with seagulls and tiny beetles, so I don't think a mechanically-reinforced bear cub or a small mechanostrider are any different.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Bristlenose wrote:How does a gnome tame a beast without being eaten? :mrgreen:
Gnome tame the beast by using mind control beam of course
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

SylviaDragon wrote:Happy for the people who want them but the robot chicken pet makes me suspicious of a little joke going on here. o_- if anything i would assume its just a funny placeholder or something. after all the class identity stuff they have been chattering about nonstop, adding robotic pets to hunters sounds like something that would really shatter what they are building. And i doubt gnomes will be getting any special treatment like that. it would probably cause a lot of complaints. (not to mention from then on out when people ask for elementals, dragons, undead, humanoid, ect pets they can argue that we can all ready tame robots so why not just keep pushing the limits?)

so yeah, keeping a close and suspicious eye on that one- but for those who wanted gnome hunters: yay gnomes!
we said goblins were too small to be hunters and undead couldn't be hunters because their pets would try to run off with their bones. but we already have those options available so i see no reason why gnomes would be any different. about time!

now if only we could get some more druid options. only two races per faction is so incredibly limiting vrs all the other class options...
My theory is that they are trying to break away nature only aspect for Hunter, and add things like undead minion and robotic pets to show hunters aren't just about the wild
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Torn. Gnomes are an okay race to play but unless the tamed pet shrinks or there's a minor glyph that will shrink the pet it'll feel like a bad joke running around with a pet that could double as a mount.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Arwyn wrote:Torn. Gnomes are an okay race to play but unless the tamed pet shrinks or there's a minor glyph that will shrink the pet it'll feel like a bad joke running around with a pet that could double as a mount.
Yea there's absolutely no race that are small that can tame pets twice their size! And Gnome Warlock with void walker pet doesn't count amirite?
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Also there totes already is a glyph that shrinks your pet, remember?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Equeon wrote:
Bristlenose wrote:How does a gnome tame a beast without being eaten? :mrgreen:
They're not that much smaller than Goblins. So... "carefully" would be the correct answer.

*looks at the dwarf* Gosh, I'm so glad we have the new models :lol:

But yeah, goblins are not much taller than gnomes so the whole "too small" argument is kinda invalid imho.

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Yes!!!

As for the mechanical pets... he might just be having a bit of fun until they decide their starting pet. Though it would be hilarious if it actually was.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Bah, ridiculous.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I am so freakin' giddy with excitment over this!

NOW I am looking forward to playing Legion!

Part of me does suspect this to be a tease because it has grown into such a controversal topic ever since Cataclysm. Blizzard enjoys its little jabs at us every now and again. I'm remaining hopeful however. Gnome hunters would be so much fun to play imo!
Last edited by Niabi on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I must be the only one not getting my hopes up. To afraid this won't make live. But fingers crossed.
Totally going to roll a new hunter. Or may race change if I don't like the starting pet.
FROG STARTING PET FTW!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Bendak wrote:
As for the mechanical pets... he might just be having a bit of fun until they decide their starting pet. Though it would be hilarious if it actually was.

I would love for them to keep their mechanical pet.

Here is my suggestion. Why stop at constructs? Why not aberrations too, like the ooze pet that some hunters managed to tame due to a bug in WOTLK.

suggestion;
Gnomes and Dwarves innately knows how to 'tame' mechanical constructs while other hunters can learn it via a scroll that engineers can make.

Undead and Goblin hunters can innately tame aberrations but other hunters can tame them as well through learning a scroll that can me made by alchemists.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

zedxrgal wrote:I must be the only one not getting my hopes up. To afraid this won't make live. But fingers crossed.
Totally going to roll a new hunter. Or may race change if I don't like the starting pet.
FROG STARTING PET FTW!
I don't think frog fits contaminated frozen wasteland theme. Maybe a Fox?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

pop wrote:
zedxrgal wrote:I must be the only one not getting my hopes up. To afraid this won't make live. But fingers crossed.
FROG STARTING PET FTW!
Mechanical ice toad!

Actually, I had thought a high-quality mechanical bear may be the way to go, theme-wise. My idea is that they almost certainly would have learned hunting from their dwarf neighbours, but would have looked at the bears and thought "I can build a better one in my workshop".

Then again, they may want a starting pet that is different (in species resemblance) to all other starting pets. But I liked that idea anyway. And I think a little gnome would look cool with a big hulking mechano bear.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am still rooting for the Fox as the starting pet.
I grew up with "David the gnome" and he had a fox he rode around on.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Tenryu wrote:But yeah, goblins are not much taller than gnomes so the whole "too small" argument is kinda invalid imho.
I don't know...
Dwarves themselves are pretty short compared to other races.
Goblins seem to only reach the shoulders height of the dwarves.
Gnomes seem to reach also to the Goblins shoulders height.

I'm not a giant at 1,8 m (5'11") but someone that only reaches to my shoulders height is pretty small to me.
Imagining another person reaching only to their shoulders height would qualify as tiny to me.
Think about it... That is the Dwarfs view. What would a Human say? Not even thinking about Night Elves or Tauren...
I think the term "too small" is valid. :mrgreen:
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Makoes wrote:I am still rooting for the Fox as the starting pet.
I grew up with "David the gnome" and he had a fox he rode around on.
Fox mount confirmed
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Wain wrote:
pop wrote:
FROG STARTING PET FTW!
Mechanical ice toad!

Actually, I had thought a high-quality mechanical bear may be the way to go, theme-wise. My idea is that they almost certainly would have learned hunting from their dwarf neighbours, but would have looked at the bears and thought "I can build a better one in my workshop".

Then again, they may want a starting pet that is different (in species resemblance) to all other starting pets. But I liked that idea anyway. And I think a little gnome would look cool with a big hulking mechano bear.
Dont put my hopes up too high. I don't want it to be crushed...
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Bhando wrote:
Tenryu wrote:But yeah, goblins are not much taller than gnomes so the whole "too small" argument is kinda invalid imho.
I don't know...
Dwarves themselves are pretty short compared to other races.
Goblins seem to only reach the shoulders height of the dwarves.
Gnomes seem to reach also to the Goblins shoulders height.

I'm not a giant at 1,8 m (5'11") but someone that only reaches to my shoulders height is pretty small to me.
Imagining another person reaching only to their shoulders height would qualify as tiny to me.
Think about it... That is the Dwarfs view. What would a Human say? Not even thinking about Night Elves or Tauren...
I think the term "too small" is valid. :mrgreen:

A tauren would fit in the mouth of a devilsaur just as easily as a gnome. So I also still fail to see the validity of the "too small" claim.