How I level up my pets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

How I level up my pets

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I just wanted to share the way I level up my pets, cause I found a really good spot for it. Some of you may already know it.

There is this spot in Vale of Eternal Blossoms, where the pets respawn really fast. Most of them are aquatic.

I'm using my Qiraji Guardling and Anubisath Idol as the 'boosters' for this. Mostly it's just the Guardling that I use, but I switch to the Idol in case my Guardling gets killed. They both have Sandstorm, which deals a lot of damage to aquatics, and also reduces damage taken for your other pets. This way my low level pets won't get one shot. I haven't had that happen yet.
So I just start out with Sandstorm, swithch to the low level, and switch back.
There are three groups of Golden Civets/Golden Civet Kittens there, and they respawn so fast that I can't even kill them all before one of the groups has respawned.
I hope this information is useful to some of you. :)
If you're having trouble finding the spot, it's where No-No is. Link.

Oh and one funny thing about this spot is that one of the civets seems to be having some anger issues. He keeps fighting an invisible enemy. Or he's just really angry at that bucket standing there. :P

And on a side note, when you are at this spot you can also keep an eye out for Krol the Blade if you're farming the elixir of ancient knowledge. I have logged out my paladin at his spawn point so I can easily switch character and kill him when he spawns.

The spot on the map:

The three groups of pets there:

The spawn point of Krol the Blade:

And the angry civet: :P

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

Myrrmi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: [EU] The Mealstron, Emerald Dream, Bloodhoof

Re: How I level up my pets

Unread post by Myrrmi »

Oh, thanks for reminding me of that spot!

I was literary this morning trying to think of a place to pet-battle lvl my double agent toon through the last stretch to lvl90. I was thinking about the valley, having lvled a pve altie there, but this one is a pvp server, and really not a decent one on top, and there are still plenty of people around there. Last time I tried pet battling there I got OHKOed before I even finished the first fight. And I was standing in the guarded zone of Halfhill Market...
The otter place is much better - empty, no mobs around, and barely anyone goes there :)

Growing Internet Dragons:
(> My DragonCave <|> My TaleofDragons <|> My MagiStream <|> My FlightRising <)
Please, CLICK so we don't run out of Internet Dragons to kill :)
Smyelmdar
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem/Kilrogg/Nagrand EU

Unread post by Smyelmdar »

I'm happy to be able to help. :)
And yeah, this is pretty much an empty spot. I have only met one person there.

I'll be waiting on the highland, with its wonderful serenity.
Where the stars glow and the brooks flow, that's my way of life.
When the mountains on the highland, and the nature is surrounding me, when the wind blows, that's all I need.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

don't forget the battle pet master in WoD shadowmoon vally. The little girl has a plushie pet that cant deal damage. (I believe her other two pets are magic and beast?) you can have your level one pet come in and take a swing at the plushie once a day for a huge level boost.

also if you happen to have the battle pet stuff in your garrison and your special hat, the battle pet treats and the hat stack for a combined total of 85% extra xp.
if its a battle pet week (200% xp gains for pets) a single battle should boost a lvl 1 one pet up to about lvl 21.

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

SylviaDragon wrote:don't forget the battle pet master in WoD shadowmoon vally. The little girl has a plushie pet that cant deal damage. (I believe her other two pets are magic and beast?) you can have your level one pet come in and take a swing at the plushie once a day for a huge level boost.

also if you happen to have the battle pet stuff in your garrison and your special hat, the battle pet treats and the hat stack for a combined total of 85% extra xp.
if its a battle pet week (200% xp gains for pets) a single battle should boost a lvl 1 one pet up to about lvl 21.
Ah very interesting and helpful! I always lvl my mini pets in the vale most of the time just hanging around the pet battle master for a extra boost. Did it the other day with the hat and two kinds of pet treats which helped quiet a bit.

Now to wait for the battle pet week!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

When Squirt is the menagerie battle, you can farm that battle for xp. Unlike other trainers, you can do the menagerie battle multiple times (on the same character even). And unlike other menagerie battles, Squirt gives trainer amounts of xp. The tricky part is not letting Tyri kill your level 1 pet in the back row. I use MPD and Weebomination. Thunderbolt then cleave until Weeb is dead. Bring out the carry when treasure goblin is out not doing damage.
Squirt and Battle Pet Week line up on Dec 30/31st (US/EU dates).