Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Dragon Age screenshots

Unread post by Nefretiti »

Horses in this game are just stunning

Attachments
Devera mounted.jpg
Devera mounted.jpg (305.95 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I finally shelled out the gold for the "Mysterious Box" and got the golden nug to unlock everything on my main character. Have yet to ride the think (too stuck on my Drocolisks) but it's cute.

Tack on your horse is gorgeous Nef. If I still owned horses I'd have tack like that made.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti

one of my newer chars wearing the stone bear armor and standing beside the frostback mountain horse, both from spoils of the avvar dlc pack.

Attachments
Spoils of the avvar.jpg
Spoils of the avvar.jpg (565.39 KiB) Viewed 10768 times

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I'm almost done with Dragon Age Origins (thanks to this thread and its inspiring screenshots!), which I've owned for years, but never bothered to get into. But I got tired of running Dragon Soul endlessly for weeks with no result in WoW, and decided to take a break to play something else. I'll be returning to WoW tonight, but wanted to share my mage Lyrenna with you guys.

I romanced Alistair, although I can't say I really care for him at all, but he's the best of the three options (Zevran is fun but slimy, Leliana makes me want to punch her in the face) and I can't have who I actually want (WHY NO STEN, WHY????).

Attachments
Lyrenna.png
Lyrenna.png (850.62 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Last edited by Mozag on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nefretiti

I don't mind Alistair myself but I can see how people can dislike him, he can be over the top.

I dipped into Dragon Age 2 abit myself, mostly playing Sebastien Hawke, I have a few mods installed, his armor beeing one.

Here he is with Sebastian Vael and Fenris

Attachments
Sebastien.jpg
Sebastien.jpg (280.69 KiB) Viewed 10768 times

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Fun to see some Dragon Age II shots, since I changed my mind and bought the game yesterday. I figure there's still plenty of boring time in WoW till Legion comes, so it's a perfect time to play other games. And to be honest all the DA:I screenshots here have me quivering with anticipation, but I have to finish this one before I can move on to that.

It'll be interesting to see how and whether my choices in Origins will affect DA:II.

SPOILERS:

I kept Alistair as a warden since I chose not to harden him (the response didn't suit my character at all), and since he didn't seem like he wanted to be King I honoured his wishes (though being crowned king would have been a great, honourable way of getting rid of the guy...) and then I kept us both alive with Morrigan's ritual, because by then I didn't really care if he slept with someone else or not, especially Morrigan who is like a sister to Lyrenna (she's easily my favourite companion besides Sten and my dog). I didn't want Alistair to die either, since I do view him as a nice guy, who I wouldn't mind as a friend. So it all turned out fine, except for the epilogue "Alistair stayed with his love to bla bla bla Grey Wardens bla bla." I should have run away to Seheron with Sten! :lol:
Nefretiti

You don't really need to play through the first two games to get a file for Inqusition unless you want to , you just use the world state function on the Dragon Age keep site.

I've done most every scenario in DA:O even where a certain someone lives and joins the wardens. My favourite playthrough was Rhian Amell who refused the ritual.
I adore Inqusition, one of your possible love interests in that game first appeared during the magi origin in DA:O :D

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh yes, I know I can just skip straight on to Inquisition, but I would personally be bothered by missing a game in the series. Now that the house is clean and the baby asleep, I better fire it up! Let's see how this goes.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ooh, filed under threads I completely missed! I have a ridiculous number of OCs myself, but I'll share my canon run:

Lenna Amell :o (intense ice queen with a wicked sense of humor, Alistairmancer)

Allison Hawke :D (purple/blue - if there's innuendo to be made she's the one who's done it, Sebastianmancer)

and

Tahni Lavellan :) (generally diplomatic but makes terrible bear puns, Solasmancer)

Apparently Tahni's pic stopped loading - I fixed it!
Last edited by Kalliope on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh wow Kalliope, Lenna is so beautiful! And Allison looks very cute and puckish!

I didn't have much time to play Dragon Age II yesterday, and the time I did have I spent on agonizing whether to play a mage or a rogue (and then archery or dual wield). I am so in love with the way even basic mage staff attacks look, but I wanted to try something different this time, so picked a rogue. I decided to go with dual wield since the fast pace of the combat really lends itself well to melee. So here is Magdalena Hawke (no idea why the screenshot looks so blurry, the game doesn't look half this bad on my computer...)

Attachments
Magdalena.png
Magdalena.png (202.53 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Double post because I am going to rant about something unrelated to the previous. Romance spoilers below!

WHAT is with the lack of dwarf romance options in these games??? My favourite races are dwarves and qunari, and I originally started a dwarf noble warrior in Origins only to find out that not only does the incredibly attractive Gorim, who swears his eternal love to me at the start, end up marrying someone else pretty much as soon as he gets rid of me in the Deep Roads, I can't even romance any other dwarf either (except for that goodtime boy in the Pearl...yes, I may have visited often - sorry Alistair). Am I to understand that every player character dwarf has a massive fetish for humans and/or elves? I'm okay with no dwarf love in DA2, because my character is a human so I guess she's more likely to prefer humans (although Varric is easily the hottest of the lot...) but once again, I can play a dwarf in Inquisition, but NO DWARF ROMANCES??? What gives, seriously? At least there's Iron Bull to look forward to, but I'm still really pissed off about this. I guess I could just NOT romance anyone, but I feel that it would take away from the game - after all, there's all this dialogue that would be left unexplored, and my completionist side can't handle it. I did go through Origins pretending that I was romancing Sten, despite gameplay-wise cringing at Alistair's terribly embarassing seduction attempts (did anyone else have the urge to laugh in his face when he handed you that rose?)
Nefretiti

Lovely characters :)

One of my newer ones , Sanna formerly of the ostwick tower, she's one I'm working on a story for.

Attachments
Sanna.jpg
Sanna.jpg (272.26 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Sanna sword.jpg
Sanna sword.jpg (323.42 KiB) Viewed 10768 times

Nefretiti

Some DA2 screenies

Moar of Sebastien

One of my newer Hawkes, Scarlet.

Attachments
Sebastien sword.jpg
Sebastien sword.jpg (209.81 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Seb and Merrill.jpg
Seb and Merrill.jpg (221.56 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Scarlet.jpg
Scarlet.jpg (322.76 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Scarlet armor.jpg
Scarlet armor.jpg (190.27 KiB) Viewed 10768 times

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Woo, Scarlet is really pretty - love her tattoos!

I finished DA2 yesterday and loved it. I really don't understand why I've heard so many negative things about the game - I vastly preferred it over Origins. The combat was fast and easy, and I could concentrate on story rather than hours of tactical crap which I've never been a fan of. Romanced Anders, because apparently tainted, possessed, renegade revolutionaries who whine about the plight of mages constantly are my thing...

20% of my Inquisition download left - I can't waaaaait!
Nefretiti

Thank you :) I love your characters as well

I love all three DA games though I find the vanilla appearance choices in DA:2 alittle lacking but that's just me :) I adore the game itself. I have a couple of appearance mods installed and a few armor and weapons, mods for DA:II are fairly easy to install if you use Nexus Mod Manager.
I also tend to gravitate towards Anders alot with Fenris and Sebastian as close seconds. I'm doing Merrill's rivalmance and while she's a cute character and works well enough as a friend the romance doesn't quite work for me personally but I wanted to try it out since it's pretty much the only romance I haven't done.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Bleh, I can't decide between my qunari mage and elf hunter. I would love to play a dwarf, but since there are no dwarf romances, I don't want to. So have to decide between these two for now. I haven't played a ranger yet, so I SHOULD play the elf, but then again qunari are amazing (despite the horrible hair choices). On the negative side, I read that qunari don't have many armour choices, which is a definite downer. So who to pick, who to pick...

On a side note - damn I love the scars in the game!!

Attachments
Ninmah.png
Ninmah.png (620.95 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Anaya.png
Anaya.png (632.37 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Nefretiti

Keep both for now, try them out and see which one you gravitate more towards, that's what I usually do, both your characters look great. I made a dwarf who romanced Iron Bull since the size difference amused me, I'm weird like that though.
if you don't have it already and don't mind shelling over a couple of dollars theres a qunari themed DLC pack with some nice stuff that can be worn by all classes and races. there are screenies of the armors on some pictures in this thread, the pack contains both armors and scematics so you can craft better versions.

I really need to stop making new Hawkes ><

Alexandre Hawke, Andersmancer

Attachments
Alexandre and Carver.jpg
Alexandre and Carver.jpg (193.24 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Alexandre.jpg
Alexandre.jpg (341.22 KiB) Viewed 10768 times

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Good lord, Alexandre is ridiculously elegant. Love what his Bethany looks like in that last screenie - she actually reminds me of my own Hawke, so maybe I'm biased. :D

I ended up deleting the elf the first time she talked with Cullen in Haven, and she made this hideous, goofy smile that had me so digusted I couldn't bear to play her anymore. I decided instead to make a Qunari archer, and so far there have been no stupid, pre-teen smiles. Long may it continue!

I'm currently working on getting most of the companions, and then I'll just go out and explore, explore, explore. Not sure about a romance yet, probably Iron Bull, but I do want to see what Blackwall has to say for himself as well. His beard is quite hot...
I did consider romancing Iron Bull with a dwarf too, but as soon as Varric appeared on the scene in the intro, I knew there was NO WAY I could romance anyone but him, and him not being interested at all just adds insult to injury. Hahah!

I realise she looks almost identical to my previous Qunari mage, but somehow there was some pink blush that slipped in on the mage, which was NOT supposed to be there. Corrected in Rashira here, thankfully. :lol:
Attachments
Rashira.png
Rashira.png (374.32 KiB) Viewed 10768 times
Nefretiti

Your qunari lady looks great, glad I'm not the only one wishing they had some better hairstyles for them, makes me wish inquisition was easier to mod.
I've become ridiculously fond of Alex already and I've barely played him. He's actually got a very similar facial structure to Sebastian Vael.
I think that Beth is if you pick the middle three presets , I know there are different Carvers and Bethany, the firs three has fair skin, the middle three darker and so on.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

I ended up deleting the qunari, somehow it all felt too artificial - like the race had been added as an afterthought. I also found it hard to play her since what I like about qunari is actually the Qun and their society, and here my character was acting like a human or an elf. Even as a Tal-vashoth, she should still behave more like Sten rather than a human. I found it very hard to immerse myself because of this so made a human archer instead. So far I'm pleased with my choice, will post a pic later unless I delete her too... :D