People in alpha, what's your opinion on BM?

For discussion of the next WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: People in alpha, what's your opinion on BM?

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Flanking Strike was never for BM but for SV, and it's basically the SV version of Kill Command with a twist. I think since there's a threat part in it if your pet isn't the target of the mob you're attacking, that Blizzard feels like SV doesn't need Misdirection for some reasons. I honestly think it kills the ability to Misdirect a group of mobs unto our pet.
ImageImage
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: People in BETA, what's your opinion on BM?

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

From a raiding/DPS perspective one of the things that resonate with me the most/worst is that, at if any time, if you do not use BW, you are costing yourself a fair whack of DPS. I would at times save Bestial Wrath for burn situations, used it a an "Oh S##t" button, etc.

However the issue with this new version of BM, is the way it interacts with Dire Beast. Every time you use Dire Beast it shaves off 15 seconds off your Bestial Wrath. If you use DB and then a second later wild call procs and you get another... you've just shaved 30 seconds off your Bestial Wrath and thats huge! And there lies within the problem, being it will only shave off this massive amount of time IF Bestial Wrath it's on cooldown. Therefore if you're not using Bestial Wrath every time it's on cooldown, you're potentially wasting a massive amount of cooldown shaved off your Bestial Wrath.

This simply boils down to don't think, don't forward plan, don't preempt when you need to burn something, just mindless push it when it's not on cooldown or you're wasting not just a little, but potentially a good chunk of DPS.

For me, doesn't this just puts us even further down the "Useful in raid group/raid setting" ladder? If you can't help burst something down when needed because "If I'm not BW'in on cooldown, I'm not playing my class/dpsing right" and "Oh sorry my only burst is on cooldown" then why bring a non dynamic, minimal utility offering, unadaptable DPS.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

it sounds to me like the new BW has become the "savage roar" for hunters, wich is really sad, i would just like a glyph option to take away 10% of the dmg bonus but make it always active :D like druids had the glyph of savagery, it is not fun in the least to have a combat buff active or lose 30% of your dps potential :(
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

With the changes to glyphs in Legion (No major glyphs, and minor glyphs being cosmetic), that wouldn't be an option :(
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I haven't tried it myself so it probably isn't fair to pass judgment, but BM isn't sounding good at all. Despite multiple threads on multiple sites of people with legitimate concerns, Blizz just seems like they're going full-steam ahead. I don't understand it. Why fix something that isn't broken (BM on live)? As a hunter who's been almost exclusively BM since I started Rhyela, this makes me quite sad indeed.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If there were more of these threads in Alpha or early Beta, Bliss probably would've done something. But now that the ptr has started and there are probably only a few weeks or so left for the Beta, the chances of them making substantial changes are slim :(
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

There WERE threads in alpha and beta.

They just ignored them.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Exactly. There are YouTube'ers who've posted videos about how bad BM is yet nothing was done. Forum posts etc. All seemingly ignored.
At this point BM is a BORING 3 button class. :|

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Tammo
Realm: Blade's-Edge EU

Unread post by Tammo »

Hi im not on the beta but i am on the ptr

Currently marksman is for me a no go, nothing appeals to me about that spec.
Survival looks decent and plays decent, however i had more fun with other melee dps.

and Beast Mastery?

The biggest dissapointment in the world, i knew it would be bad, but not THIS bad.
Its boring, but looks nice, but easy. You have no real way of improving yourself. I know hunters are seen as the newbie class, but this is just wrong.
I hope we get some changes, like a builder and spender, (frenzy stacks) building it up with cobrashot/chim shot (that is mandatory to the spec not a talen) and then spend it on kill command or whatever
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Valnaaros wrote:If there were more of these threads in Alpha or early Beta, Bliss probably would've done something.
Unfortunately there had been, many of them and a rather large selection of issues. I fear that many of the issues they did address simply revolved around Hati as its concept was rushed/incomplete and very very buggy. They've had such a head ache with it, the time spent on it would have likely been spent fixing other still very important issues.

Apart from Hati, the only thing that they really proactively responded to and fixed (per say) was that people were not happy with "Dire Zoo". Many hunters wanted one strong pet, not a summoning a zoo of them. So they replied, created and put Dire Frenzy on the same Tier as Chimera shot.

And that's it, that was the last we heard from them regarding anything actively changing hunter game play/issues. There have been a few number tweaks in patch notes, but while we are discussing BM specifically here, they have received almost zero.

If they had just posted once, just once, maybe saying something like "thanks for feedback, we are getting through it all, might take some time but we'll look into addressing concern raised." we would be fine, "Oh look they do care!" and the likes, but we've had nothing for so long, and it's leaving the community frustrated, but more so sacred that they are done.

I don't know. I don't really what to be the one running around screaming the sky is falling, but it doesn't even feel like we are in Kansas anymore and I can even keep Toto up with mend pet! I've loved BM for so many years, but after WoD, it's just.. not feeling BM anymore.

­
­
­
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

I'm now regretting not immediately freaking out when the first Legion changes were datamined. Though I did have plenty of criticisms, I tempered myself with the reassurance that it was only beta, and things were sure to change...

Then again, we've seen so much feedback from plenty of others who didn't hold back, to no avail.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yep, there were loads of threads from people in Alpha, all saying pretty much the same thing. Even quite prominent and level-headed players who aren't known for hyperbole were sharing similar feedback and concern. But very little changed, except for numbers tweaks (naturally) and a few cosmetic things (you don't like Hati? *applies band aid* Now you can transmog Hati! That fixes all your Hati issues!)

But then there are also some really glaring bugs that haven't been fixed yet. That gives me hope that they still intend to go back to hunters and do some real work on them before release.

(And don't get me wrong, I really love the Hati transmog thing, but when there's still so many real issues with the class I'd choose function over form.)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

You're way more optimistic than me, Wain, but I hope you're right.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:You're way more optimistic than me, Wain, but I hope you're right.
Not really optimistic, more a desperate hope and a feeling that I still need to give them the benefit of the doubt ;) I could be saying that up to the day before release though :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Wain wrote:I could be saying that up to the day before release though :P
I'll hold you to that :lol:

­
­
­
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote: But then there are also some really glaring bugs that haven't been fixed yet. That gives me hope that they still intend to go back to hunters and do some real work on them before release.

Same, but I won't lie. I'm beginning to lose hope. Most of the recent beta builds have not touched/tweaked BM in any significant or meaningful way. And from my personal testing, many of the same bugs and concerning issues regarding about BM are the same things I reported back when I got on the first day of beta.

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

It's sad that they've basically gutted Hunters entirely. And for what? To make the specs feel different?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

SpiritBinder wrote: Apart from Hati, the only thing that they really proactively responded to and fixed (per say) was that people were not happy with "Dire Zoo". Many hunters wanted one strong pet, not a summoning a zoo of them. So they replied, created and put Dire Frenzy on the same Tier as Chimera shot.
Wait.....Dire Frenzy and Chimera Shot are in the same tier??? You've got to be kidding me.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Yeah, apparently we couldn't have the "lack of zoo summoning" and "add one more ability to your rotation in a desperate attempt not to fall asleep while playing" in the same tier.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

The team is mostly focusing on tuning now, not lots of bigger changes to mechanics.

So much for any fixes for BM's myriad issues.

I guess Marks doesn't... look that bad... I guess.

At least the artifact doesn't look like ass.