Rosaliah's Back! :D

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Rosaliah's Back! :D

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

This way I don't need a new topic for each hunter since I have quite a few. :lol: Going to start it off with my gnome hunter, Plexi, and her bear Fluffikins.
Of course I had to try a gnome! :lol: I've been in love with the concept since back when we got the gnome costume transformer toy (I think that was in Wrath sometime?). And I wanted to give the new survival stuff a try. She's still a baby, but so far so good.
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Tyger's Hunter Showcase

While I'm growing to love the new bear models/skins, something about the grey fur with red eyes wasn't quite sitting right with me. So Plexi tamed the black bear in Loch Modan; a much better fit!

Also tamed a tarantula. I normally dump them right away, but something about this gal clicks. Haven't found a name for her yet; Plexi's pets, so far, have fun, silly names (Fluffikins the bear and Bunbun the mechanical bunny).

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Webster the tarantula? Or Webbie if you want a more girly name ;-)
Looking forward to see your pets!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Omg, your gnome is so cute!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tarn, I like Webbie, thank you! :D

Thanks Rhyela! :D

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bears of a kind! :lol: Poor Fluffikins looks so tiny next to Plexi's mount since gnomes have huge mounts.

And while not hunters, I figured I would use this thread to show off some of my other characters. I've been derping around on Moonguard alliance side (that's where Plexi is at too). First is brother and sister Monoraan and Baiaali (warrior and monk). Then it's Moiveira, my paladin. I wanted to try a couple of different combinations that I haven't done before.
ImageImageImageImageImage

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Your characters look really good, Tyger! I have a female draenei priest that looks a lot like Baiaali. :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks Rhyela. :)

Now that I've got my desktop set up in my apartment, I decided I wanted to try out BM. Of course, I couldn't do it with one of my existing hunters so I started a new night elf hunter. :lol: For some reason the name Paleoteca came to mind for her last night. Originally I wasn't going to give her a theme, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a hunter that tames dinosaurs, undead/ghosts, and special rares. I have already gone digging around on the Petopia site trying to plan out her stables and the stories I might have for her as she tames each pet. Can't believe how much is forming for her so far tonight.

Given this, I figure she's very interested in history, fossils, archaeology, myths/lore, etc. From what tiny bit I know of the BM artifact (don't tell me anything, please), I think that will be a good fit for her too. Here she is off on her first adventure to investigate some rumors she heard of a cerberus like beast known as The Kurken.

I will update later with her adventure. I really need to get her to SW to hide that ugly helm. >_>

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Her backstory already sounds very cool! I look forward to seeing what sorts of neat things she tames. :3

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I love how her armor matches the griffin

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

"I have arrived on Azuremyst Isle, the lands of the draenei. This is where the rumors of the Kurken have led me. I traveled to Azure Watch and inquired further about the stories. I was met with a brief bit of fear, but a few people did end up telling me enough to send me in a proper direction in my attempt to hunt this 'beast.'

I arrived in a village of furlbolgs. Unable to understand their language, I was able to communicate with some rudimentary hand gestures. It wasn't hard to see that they were afraid of the nearby cave, and that something unusual was going on inside. They showed me paintings of a two-headed beast; the creature I had come to investigate. Signalling thanks I moved on to the cave, hands ready to grab the bow strung over my back should I need it. Dead moonkin and furlbolgs littered the entrance of the cave, I stopped to investigate but their injuries seemed to come from one another and not the Kurken.
ImageImage

I wandered through the caves, noticing markings from the moonkin while trying to avoid their attention. Deep in the catacombs I could hear the sound of some beast's growls echoing throughout the tunnels.

Reaching the final cave revealed that the myth was true! There strode the Kurken. Though this was clearly not a beast of terror, as described to me. This poor creature was injured, being held captive by the crazed moonkin, perhaps for some sort of power they perpetuated it had? I made myself known to the Kurken, seeing if I could coax him to me and befriend him. As he grew near I could see that he was just a babe, scared and alone and in desperate need of comfort and attention. He bonded with me easily, skipping about like a pup. I settled on the name Puppy for him, a bit silly, yes, but I hope that it will help allay the fears of the local citizens that this is not a creature to be feared."
ImageImageImage

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Tyger's Hunter Showcase(Meet Paleoteca! Story in Posts)

Unread post by Ana »

My favorit model :-). Other silly names could also be MrDrool, TwoBark, FurryTail, Pawsome ;-)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hehe, thanks. :) Paleoteca's pet names will be a little more serious than that. Since I'm kinda writing stories for her pets I want the names to still at least kind of fit the lore/theme of WoW.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

"Upon returning to Darnassus I got wind of my next activity of interest: Archaeology! I could barely contain my excitement as Puppy and I boarded the boat to Stormwind. Upon arrival we took a brief rest and were outfitted in some new equipment before heading off to Ironforge. If there was anyone to learn history and archaeology from it would be the dwarves."

[/center]
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

Unread post by Flyra »

I love this so much, you're a great writer! I can't wait to see where Paleoteca's adventures will lead. :D

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

D'aw, thank you! ^_^ I didn't realize you can't learn archaeology until level 20 so I'm working on some filler story while she gets to level 20. :lol:

[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Loch Modan could be a good fit for Paleoteca--archaeology dig site, Farstrider lodge, many rare beasts, and the dam!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That's actually where I have her questing right now for those reasons. :D Though Ashtail is the only rare I plan to get from the zone, but all the ruins and history were my reasons for going there after hitting up Ironforge and finding out I was too low a level to pick up Arch. :lol:

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Before I continue Paleoteca's story I just had to share this shot of Puppy swimming. Made me laugh with the way he's keeping his noses above the water.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Before I get too far ahead on Paleoteca I better update her story. :lol:

"I found Ironforge to be an absolutely fascinating mecca. The dwarves and I became fast friends, though I was a little disappointed to learn that I could not learn the skill of archaeology right away. First, I was needed in Thelsamar in Loch Modan to apprentice before they would teach me. I contained my disappointment as I had heard that Loch Modan was rich with history and ruins. Perhaps, instead, this would be a great opportunity to explore!

Puppy and I arrived in Thelsamar to a few unusual looks from the local residents, but once they learned why we were there, they put us to work straight away as well as offering supplies and a room to stay in (for a price of course).

Most of our tasks were fairly menial; thinning out some of the local threats, mostly.

We were given some time to explore on our own so Puppy and I scoured the Loch in search of history. We were not disappointed. Lost scrolls of the Explorer's League were to be found, as well as the aftermath of Deathwing's return during the Cataclysm. From what the citizens have told me, it created a slightly differed landscape and changed the way some of the ruins stood. The ruins were fascinating, showing me glimpses into lives past. Our wandering led us to a lodge on the eastern most part of the Loch, hiding in the mountains. I left Puppy with the stable master while I took a moment to look the lodge over. As I did so I overheard coversation about a mysterious fox that roamed the lands nearby. It was said to be colors that made little sense for a fox, with glowing blue eyes and an evil cackle, and even though it lived in a clearing with a local bear population, even these creatures seemed afraid of it.
ImageImage

Curious to investigate this mischievous fox myself, I left Puppy at the lodge and headed north. Any attempt to track the creature led to naught; footprints and scat of a fox-like creature seemed not to exist. Bears definitely did though and I had to very carefully maneuver my way around them so as not to anger one and needlessly kill it. Even arriving at what I could assume was the clearing where the fox lived left me no trails and no sight of anything other than a strange and eerie far off purple land. I wandered, hunted, and tracked, until, as I was about to give up, I spotted the creature returning. He was beautiful! Seeing me didn't seem to bother the fox at all, instead he walked right up to me and immediately began nosing my pack for the supplies I held inside. I quickly reached my hand out to deter him, instead seeking to see if he would create a bond with me and join me in my travels. He was all too eager; this wasn't a creature looking to cause harm. He was merely lonely and looking for companionship and play. The name Mischa seemed to fit him rather well.
ImageImageImageImageImage

I feel like Mischa's personality showed right away; in his tamed shot you can see him grinning and hiding in the grass.

[/center]