Blizzcon 2016

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Blizzcon 2016

Unread post by Wain »

Who knows what we'll see at Blizzcon this year, but I'm excited :)

I figure we can keep discussions together in this forum until Blizzcon is over. After that I'll move stuff to their related forums.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Blizzcon 2016

Unread post by Bowno »

Hoping they say SOMETHING about vanilla servers or what ever, since they promised to so something with the Nostalrius server.

Siggy under construction!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

They already announced that nothing will be said about the vanilla servers at the show.
ImageImage
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:They already announced that nothing will be said about the vanilla servers at the show.
Yep, the source post is here:
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topi ... 358#post-1

Essentially, Ornyx posted:
Hey everyone,

We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.

These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.

Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.

-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

For once I'm quite "meh" about Blizzcon this year. There really doesn't seem like a lot is going to happen.
Something about a new Overwatch character and possible map, maybe some Star Craft updates and new possible map, maybe Hearthstone expansion.
But most of this doesn't appeal to me.
The biggest scuttlebug though is the rumor of Diablo four. But I doubt it.
I didn't even get the virtual ticket this year.

Bug we'll see. I'm not expecting a lot. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

There was some very very pretty official artwork of a Necromancer, and one of Male/Female Necros posted somewhere or another. I saw them on twitter from Icy-Veins I believe. I'm hoping that this points to a D2 remaster, D3 expac (lowest priority) or D4. I'd be very disappointed if it was just art from the art team for the sake of making it. It could also be tied to HotS, since they have the original D2 Necro as a playable character, but I think that would be even more disappointing (for me at least).

Otherwise, I'd love to see more about WoW/Overwatch.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm not as ramped as I normally would be simply due to the fact I'm more on the WOW train, and where we sit at the moment (Expansion time wise), I'm guessing there is no real chance of them dropping a "Brand New Expansion" and all the info that goes with it. That said, I'm genuinely interested to see what WoW info they do plan on revealing.

Some things that would/could make me excited....

* Sub race options revealed?

* More customization for charters. Eg. More hair, facial, skin, etc?

* Some addition (decent) Artifact skins would also go down a treat! (I'm looking at your hunters!!!)

* Literally anything pet related :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

The one thing that has me a bit bummed about this year's Blizzcon isn't actually anything game-related -- I play every current Blizzard game except for StarCraft so there's bound to be something announced that'll get me hyped, but...

Metzen left Blizzard recently ;_; wether you liked his writing or not, I don't think anyone can deny he knew how to get an audience pumped, and I really loved seeing that. Gonna miss him on this year's stream :(
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Melissa wrote:Metzen left Blizzard recently ;_; wether you liked his writing or not, I don't think anyone can deny he knew how to get an audience pumped, and I really loved seeing that. Gonna miss him on this year's stream :(
He sure did. It'll be interesting to see how they do without him. It's hard to imagine anyone trying to generate the same amount of energy without it seeming forced. Hopefully they find someone with their own special charm.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

While I appreciate everything Metzen has done for the game and I genuinely wish him well, I'm an odd duck that is actually looking forward to a blizzcon without him. His presentation style always rubbed me the wrong way.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:
Melissa wrote:Metzen left Blizzard recently ;_; wether you liked his writing or not, I don't think anyone can deny he knew how to get an audience pumped, and I really loved seeing that. Gonna miss him on this year's stream :(
He sure did. It'll be interesting to see how they do without him. It's hard to imagine anyone trying to generate the same amount of energy without it seeming forced. Hopefully they find someone with their own special charm.
Yeah, same. I loved how Metzen would get us all pumped up in the audience. I know some people don't like his way of doing it, which is fair. But I always liked it cause I always felt like he came across as genuinely "ONE OF US" sort of feeling, as opposed to the fake-feeling I get from some speakers at these kind of deals.

SpiritBinder wrote:I'm not as ramped as I normally would be simply due to the fact I'm more on the WOW train, and where we sit at the moment (Expansion time wise), I'm guessing there is no real chance of them dropping a "Brand New Expansion" and all the info that goes with it. That said, I'm genuinely interested to see what WoW info they do plan on revealing.

Some things that would/could make me excited....

* Sub race options revealed?

* More customization for charters. Eg. More hair, facial, skin, etc?

* Some addition (decent) Artifact skins would also go down a treat! (I'm looking at your hunters!!!)

* Literally anything pet related :lol:
I actually kind of feel like we might see a WoW announcement about Patch 7.2. Normally I wouldn't expect that, but considering 7.1 was announced so fast (Aug 17) and then went live so fast... I wouldn't be surprised if we see 7.2 mentioned.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

KING VARIAN LIVES*

*In Heroes of the Storm

**Perhaps I will have to pick the game back up...

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Gimlion wrote:KING VARIAN LIVES*

*In Heroes of the Storm

**Perhaps I will have to pick the game back up...
I honestly am so pumped about that. But it took me a bit to get over my feels :C

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I haven't really been on WoW that much since legions release, but holy cripes the flying update might help me come back. Epic eagle mount, traps returning yessss.

I was mostly watching for the Sombra reveal (Which didn't disapoint either!)

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Personally I'm alright with hunter mount (though, not amazingly in love, admittedly but I like the color scheme). Traps returning is a VERY welcome change, but I do hope that they pay attention to the many hunter threads on the forums, especially the "Let's Talk, part 2" on US, gather feedback and don't make that into being the only fix. I've barely seen hunters in PvP lately, too, after the nerf to the Stings row and -10% off BM's agility.

Ion mentioning that some talents will be "baked" into specs (with no specific regards to Hunters, just in general) made me immediately (and nervously) think about Marksmen and Patient Sniper / Sidewinders. I hope it wouldn't come to this.

Briefly moving away from the Hunters as class, I was also disappointed that the storylines of Sylvanas vs. Greymane, Jaina and Wrathion were not mentioned even in passing. Red vs. Blue was a big thing for me as far as Legion's advertising went. Instead of epic conflict it feels like the whole fighting was stupidly forced and was dropped off the plate of Legion as suddenly as it first occured and now is only present through the Warden Towers.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

FEL KITTEN FEL KITTEN FEL KITTEN FEL KITTEN

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THE FLAIL SKINS ARE COMING

/faint

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I sort of hope that barrage is the thing that ends up "baked in;" as awful as it feels to use as BM (because pet threat doesn't transfer so it doesn't even overpower healer aggro), it's the only consistent AoE MD tool I've got, which means I never feel like I can switch away from it for Crows or Volley.

I haven't been paying much attention thus far; all the panels I want to watch are conveniently not being streamed on the virtual ticket (which, if we'd have realized before buying them, both my mother and I wouldn't have bothered purchasing). I saw that the new MM artifact look was gorgeous, that the new BM artifact look was hideous, raged out, saw mention of more shirts from the return of BG, and mostly simmered back down again.

If nothing else, Blizzard has (probably completely coincidentally) learned exactly how to pacify my rage at BlizzCon announcements—announce shirt-related stuff right around the same time they announce the stuff I'm gonna be super mad about, lol.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Completely dissappointed in the latest Q&A - for once a year hour long Q&A session, they could have answered something much more important. Some of the questions were carefully avoided (like, the Red Shirt Guy's), some had beed answered before Legion was even launched (about artifact skins being open as transmog options and artifacts being gone next xpack - way back in June, even, in interviews to portals like MMO-Champ and MMORPG.com).

I wish the team would hold Q&A's a lot more - like it was pre-Legion, with certain topic to discuss, be it crafting, PvP or a certain class thing since it seems like there is no reason to hope for communication via official WoW forums and so far Twitter is the best platform to reach the devs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

OK all the other threads were moved to regular forums. I'll archive this forum after a few days.