Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

Unread post by Rikaku »

Inay wrote:Eeeeh, I had the wrong supposition. Now I'm sad.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WatcherDev/s ... 3459462145
Kalliope wrote:Oooh, so maybe one of the other hunter mounts is an eagle? Maybe? I'm in favor of "all of the above" as an option, always. :D

Oh wait, no, I looked at the gallery and don't see anything else for us....? :/
I think it makes sense. I imagine that changing the color of the model/effects for something like the Mage disc to be either purple, blue, or red for the respective specs make sense. Priest Owl-gryphon would be easy to also change to a shadow version for the shadow priests.

Hunters... I'm not sure what you'd change on it to make it more respective of different specs. Hunters aren't as 'color associated' to specs like Shadow Priests or Mage specs.

Edit: Removed some since I didn't notice Watcher Dev said this further down XD
There will be plenty more info as 7.2 approaches. Note that I mean color/texture variants, not all new mounts
Yeah, I didn't even notice this statement. So maybe there will be some color variants for Hunters? If that is the case, then the one we saw was the color variant for SV in the video. But personally still not holding my breath for all specs getting different colors/textures. While I can imagine Dk wyrm changing color with specs too with what Watcher Dev said, some like Hunter or Rogue... not sure how you'd associate different colors/textures for the different specs still.

But there's a long time between now and then XD
Last edited by Rikaku on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I was hoping for colors variation for each spe, so all spec are a little different. Like, MM has a brown wolf-bear-thing, Survival's one is more cream and BM is grey, or something like that.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'm pretty sure they said each spec will be a different color. Yes, some of them are obvious (DK being green/blue/red, mage being orange/blue/purple, etc), if there isn't an obvious pick they'll probably just go with 'something nice' like having Surv the brown one (like we saw), then BM is... blue/gray because 'storms' and the artifact and Marks being red/gold 'cause Thas'dorah and belfs. It may be an arbitrary decision but I trust 'em to not make them super homely choices, haha.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Lupen202 wrote:
Arwyn wrote:Okay...interesting look for the hunter's mount. Bet you a mana crystal it'll use the wyvern flight animation since it has those lovely wings on its front legs.

As for the rest of the mounts, I'm just hoping my tauren looks decent on the new paladin mount.
Can see it in motion here, and it is the wyvern skeleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIES9_B_39w

It definitely has some gorgeous wings. I think it's growing on me... though priest, DK and rogue are still my favorites, with warrior following close behind. And as "boring" as the pally mount may be, I would love an updated horse for both factions & all classes, since horde is so very lacking when it comes to living steeds. :P
Thanks for the link! Looks like I'll have a third mount to favor.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I don't like the new hunter flyer, it looks like a wolf, an owlcat, and a wyrven had a threesome... blech. All the others look cool, except this one. :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

Personally, I'm loving the feral look of the hunter mount. It reminds me of a cross between a badger, wolf/fox, and phoenix. (I know some people said bear, but I just don't see it at all). I think it fits the concept of a hunter quite well and goes great with the fierce-looking class armor. I wouldn't have wanted something that looked tame. That thing is all beast and I'm looking very forward to attaining it!

Image Image

Also, am I the only one who thinks the repetitive paladin horse looks a bit like a donkey with those ears and coloration? :lol: ;)

If anyone is interested, here is a YouTube video showing the different mounts in motion and flying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Bi7yz7DLA

Also, it does appear that there will be color variations per spec. :headbang:

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I think they all look really, really good. I love the hunter mount a lot. The priest, DK, DH and Warrior are also my favorites

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I love the Rogues' mount - always been a sucker for smaller, minimalistic mounts, still am flying around on my tiny hippogryphs, ever since I got my first one :D

Not too excited about Shamans' and DHs' - not from standpoint of looks, because they're quite cool, but mostly size and animations, they seemed a bit flail-y... Like, the Archemonde's Moose, with character being jerked back and forth during movement.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

TBH, as a druid, I'd rather turn into the rogue mount than into the owl monster they're planning for druids. I had expected an eagle for the hunter mount, but I don't mind that wolf-bird thing. Since class mounts will be in scenario challenge sort of thing, I expect we could be taming that. It'd be great if we finally got a mount that became our pet when we dismounted, and vice versa.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Im excited about these mounts though.. I only really have one class lol I have ummm 11 hunters? haha ugh might need to level a rogue again cause they were quite fun.. maybe i'll try a monk.. or perhaps the priest but I am guessing these mounts are going to be ones you can only use for your class. Which is sorta sad lol I'd level classes for a chance to get all the mounts I like on all my chars hahaah
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

yeah the hunter one....hmm reserve judgement till I see it in the flesh so to speak but I think the monks tiger is gorgeous!!! I also don't mind the pally mount but then I've always liked horses. I think Mages got the rawest deal...a disc really? I'm sure there could of done a really cool arcane drake or bird or even a unicorn...maybe even change it depending on the spec?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Mild tangent, but do you think that more classes having class-specific mounts will incite a change into the behaviour for the blizzard default favourites list? My guild leader pretty frequently* gets sad that he can't set his DH/DK/Paladin/Warlock mounts as favourites because it's an account-wide thing or whatever; I think I have a grand total of three mounts favourited and I don't use the "use random favourite" button (I have complicated spec-specific transmog-coordinated macros instead lol) but I know he'd appreciate it if it got fixed. Maybe every class having something like that will provide the necessary impetus?

(*Well, frequently enough that I remember him doing it more than once. Pretty much any time the API changes enough that whatever mount addon he uses in place of the default randomizer breaks and he goes back to vanilla until it's fixed, so at least once an expansion)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Ya, account-wide favorites seemed like it missed the point completely. I suspect the code was just copied over from battle pets. I think the vicious saddle mounts also aren't starrable.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

According to today's QA, Hunter class mount is the same for all specs. So the one in the video is the one we'll be receiving.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Rikaku wrote:According to today's QA, Hunter class mount is the same for all specs. So the one in the video is the one we'll be receiving.
I saw this too, so our hunter class fantasy is in the "sorry we just don't care enough for you" basket.

Quite frankly, if they are going to make some individual for other specs of other classes, they need to do so for all of them. It's simply just not good enough imo to create options in the game fore some classes and not others in the game anymore. That and hunters have received F@#$ all love this expansion, oh apart from being broken down and everything stripped out, broken pathing for mobs/raid bosses (That are STILL being released!), being forced to Melee as SV and the WORST broken pet imbalance the game has seen in many many years.

It takes them a couple of hours (they have come forward and said this) to create a new colour variant. I'm not that good with photoshop, but god I can do it in 30 min, and they can look dam good (if I don't mind saying so myself). So get off your lazy cashed up ass and offer us a little grace. And if it's too hard, hire someone else to help out, you would have THOUSANDS of people offering to do it for free for god sake.

Come to think about this should probably be in the rant thread, but it still doesn't mean it's not true... Just not good enough Blizzard, sorry.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I get why spec-based recolours aren't as important for most classes. Of all of them the Priest one seems most important. But for the most part recolours would be very easy to produce (the Priest one is probably actually the hardest!) so I'm surprised they haven't done it anyway.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Recolors make sense for some classes--frost mage vs. fire mage for instance. I just don't see a logical reason for different hunter specs to get different colors. And given my luck, if hunters did have three colors, I would hate the one for my favorite spec.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I agree with Gorman. Priests make sense for recolors. Mages do too. And perhaps death Knights as well - give them green, red and blue variations of their drake.

But hunters? For once, I don't think it's a case of them not caring. The base mount's natural colors already fits each spec... There just isn't a huge enough difference aesthetically between the three for it to make sense to recolor it. The same goes for some of the other classes like warriors, rogues, paladin, etc.

Perhaps it'd be different if some specs were getting different MODELS, because then I could see survival getting an eagle for example while the current hunter mount remains as the beast mastery one. But that's not the case.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Umm but hunter specs aren't all the same, isn't that why they changed some stuff for hunters? I mean hello surv is melee spec, that's vastly different from BM or MM. Most people in MM dont use a pet so yah.. we aren't all the same... it would just be nice for a variation of color for the different specs is all.. recoloring the same mount over and over again is what they are good at anyways lol
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I mean, I can kind of understand that there isn't as stark of a contrast between some class specs as opposed to others, but I still find it a bit disappointing that they won't consider making recolours for everyone regardless. Even if it's just to add some more choice and flavour, it would be easy enough for them to do and would let everyone feel included rather than left out and stuck with one mount when other people have options. :/