Potential Dark Ranger Setup

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Potential Dark Ranger Setup

Unread post by Varethyn »

I can't explain why but as soon as I got the Dark Ranger's Hood from the secret miniquest I just had to try and make an outfit around it. So much in fact that I full-on mogged it on Vare, which is highly unusual as his Talhide set is perfect for him. Anyhoo I tried a few different pieces since there sadly isn't anything that truly works with it and am fairly happy with what I have now. Which is to say, I would be if it didn't require a tabard to make it all fit. Which is a shame. If nothing else it gave me a good excuse to bring Charna with me again.

Kind of wish it, or another version of it, gave glowing red eyes like some other hoods do for the full Dark Ranger feel.

ImageImage

Normally Vare doesn't do selfies. It's just not his thing. But today I managed to catch him a good enough mood to get a decent one out of him

Bare in mind also that Vare is currently Survival so ranged hunters will need to play around with bows/xbows/guns. This set uses
Head: Dark Ranger's Hood
Shoulders: Hidden
Back: Brilliant Hexweave Cloak
Chest: Azure Scale Hauberk
Shirt: Any Martial Shirt
Tabard: Nightfallen Tabard
Gloves: Renegade Gloves
Belt: Renegade Belt
Legs: Profit Boon Legguards
Boots: Asylum Boots
Weapon: Dark Espadon (with Berserking enchant)

Chest, legs and boots are low-level quest rewards (I believe there are versions for both Horde and Alliance - these ones are from Azshara), Renegade gear is all BoE world drops, martial shirts can be bought from Threads of Fate in Dalaran (possibly old? Not checked around new Dala much yet), cape is crafted and weapon is also a BoE. Might try a different cape. Other suggestions are welcome and I'd love to see what you guys come up with!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Potential Dark Ranger Setup

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh my god I love your hunter! :) That's a great look! Coincidentally I put together something very similar when I got the hood! I just couldn't resist either. :D

Veph's currently sporting this sort of hybrid Dark Ranger/Nightfallen outfit that I've fallen in love with. <3

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Veph, how do you stand the female BE bow animation? I had to switch to male because of how broken it is. I love female BEs but I cannot see past that
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Clayford13 wrote:Veph, how do you stand the female BE bow animation? I had to switch to male because of how broken it is. I love female BEs but I cannot see past that
It's definitely not my favourite, but eh, I can live with it. :lol:
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

I tried... both sets in wowheads viewer, and it's just not dark enough for the hood. I tried looking up other mish mash sets, I just can't find anything dark enough to go with that hood :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Holy crap Vare, I love that cloak! I don't think I've ever seen it before. Both yours and Veph's sets look awesome!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Here's my attempt at a "Dark Ranger"...
Meh... :roll:

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

Posted this before in the trasnmogg thread, but I can do so here too I guess. A slight update with my rendition of a dark Ranger...changed the chest, tabard, belt, shirt, and gloves.. what do you all think?
ImageImage

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.