Mischief - Fel Kitten giveaway!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Mischief - Fel Kitten giveaway!

Unread post by Wain »

Mischief Giveaway

In case you missed it, Blizzard is selling a new companion pet, a fel kitty named Mischief. The sale is in aid of the Make-a-Wish foundation and you can see their full announcement here.

To celebrate the end of the year, we have ten of these cute little balls of fel energy to give away!

To qualify, choose a category below and reply to this post with either (or both, but in separate posts) :
  • If companion pets are your thing :
    In text or drawing (or both), describe / design a new companion pet (i.e. battle pet / minipet) to go with any existing hunter pet of your choice.

What might it look like and what traits or behaviours would it have that would go with your hunter pet? Some ideas for combat abilities would also work, but we don't need minute details or a long description. Keep it to a paragraph at most :)
    Include a picture of the appearance of the hunter pet you're referring to, so we can all see.
    You could design a companion pet that has a similar appearance to your hunter pet (like a baby rhino with a rhino), but it could also look very different and complement it in other ways (like a tickbird with a rhino).
OR
  • If transmog and screenshots are your forté :
    Post a screenshot of your character in a transmog set designed to complement Mischief.

Details & conditions :

~ We'll choose recipients from both categories.

~ Please only post one entry per category per person. So you may enter in one or both of the above, but keep them to separate posts.

~ Entries close 24 December at 1 AM Pacific Standard Time in the USA (GMT-8). We'll contact the lucky recipients by PM as soon as possible after that.

~ Good luck! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Mischief - Fel Kitten giveaway!

Unread post by Wain »

ROUGH EXAMPLE POST

A small example of a post. If you hit the "quote" button you can even see the code and use it as a template :)

Hunter pet to match :

Pet name : Satin Tickbird

Description : A glossy blue-black tickbird with blood-red eyes to match the dark rhino pet. When idle it would hop around on the backs / shoulders of characters and pets and peck at them, making a woodpecker sound. If the hunter has a rhino or clefthoof out it would target that pet in preference. Occasionally it would dislodge a tick, which would scurry away (perhaps use a miniature Baneling model for this). In pet battle it could have the abilities "Spit ticks", where it coughs up swarms of stampeding parasites at the enemy, and "Search for ticks" where it jumps onto the enemy's back and can't be reached for one round, while delivering several pecking blows.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Cool, I've always wanted a mini Arikara Hatchling pet. I got her back when she was below level 30 and did that uber cool thunder puff, I really miss that. :hug:
He/she would appear in a puff of smoke when summoned and randomly make an angry Windserpent sound (that attack hiss they do, only cuter) and call a thunder cloud above them and zap people/NPCs/critters/other minipets. I think it would be fun if the thunder cloud rained sometimes too. Also they would fly with you.
Their combat abilities would be weather/flying based so Slicing Wind/Zap, Call Lightning/Sandstorm, Lift-Off/Thunderbolt or something like that. :mrgreen:

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Felmog? Felmog :D
Image :mrgreen:

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Ijomi »

In a shocking plot twist, it isn't the goblin that's got what I need. :lol:

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I would want a little version of Tortos who crumbles in to stone when he dies and is an elemental. :D
ImageImage
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Aww, what a great idea!

Matches KB's mog too! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Hunter Pet: Image

Pet Name: Alliance Mascot

Behaviour: If the character is an Alliance character, the pet will get a heart over its head when summoned.
If the character is Horde, the pet could get those 'fear lines' that you see on scared critters and run away from them, or maybe claw at it periodically (not doing *actual* damage to it; think Durotar Scorpid).
Abilities: It might share "For The Alliance!", as well as mostly cat abilities. Also, 'Fearsome Roar' instead of 'Howl', but having the same ability (double damage against the enemy).

I would also suggest one for the Horde side, of course, but as we're only allowed to do one pet, consider this one my recommendation. Mainly because I'd love a mini-Sambas pet!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

(Aw, this is so awesome! Thanks for hosting this Wain. :hug: I can't pass up the transmog/screenshot option, so here's my entry!)

Vephriel has donned her fel colours and is ready to adopt a new kitty! :) <3

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Hunter Pet to Match:

Name: Pygmy Rustler

Description: It would interact with the pet by occasionally trying to steal it. It would mount the pet occasionally, and when the pet did special abilities, like charge/dash, last stand, etc, the Rustler would do one of its wacky animations (eg: stun, battle roar, spell casting).
It wouldn't even have to be the clefthoof, there's raptors and wolves with saddles too. But the clefthoof would be the best, because they're so big.

Battle Pet Ability(s):
Snake charmer: 50% hit chance, target's next attack will be directed at random member of its own team. 100% hit chance when used on snakes. 5 round CD. Uses the blowdart/grumplefloot animation.
Attachments
rustler.png
rustler.png (44.75 KiB) Viewed 30339 times
Valordsh
Realm: Coilfang-US

Unread post by Valordsh »

I wouldn't mind getting a new companion. I hope this screenshot will do. Anyway Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays!

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_121516_194543.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121516_194543.jpg (262.92 KiB) Viewed 30329 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My transmogs are lacking, so here's a pet.

Mini Abberation
Dragonkin
Uses model of the Dragonmanhulk, such as http://www.wowhead.com/npc=41440/aberration

Matching Pet:
Chromaggus

Mini Abberation will often claw at Chromaggus, to which Chromaggus will sometimes attack back and knock the Mini Abberation away like the Puntable Marmot. This causes it to despawn. If it isn't knocked away, it might say things in chat after it finishes attacking, such as "Daddy says I'm special!" or "You're a bad dog, <pet name>!"
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Already in place for some mischief:
Attachments
mischief.png
mischief.png (738.27 KiB) Viewed 30329 times
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Blizzard badly needs to make a Jormy happen.

They made a toad with 'hypno' eyes. How hard would it be to make a pet Jormungar with googly eyes? :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

Harkoa and Loque'nahak's kitten!

Hunter pet to match :

Pet name : Harkitten

Description : Mini version of Harkoa and the hunter pet Loque'nahak. She'll have an ethereal roar like her mom and dad! (maybe she needs a cuter name!)

As a battle pet she will have the unique skills :
Call of Harkoa - Kitten calls out and her mommy appears! Image of Harkoa roars and does damage to the enemy team- 3 round cooldown
Spirit Mend - Kitten heals herself for 25%
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

(Edit: I read after the fact that you didn't want lengthy ability descriptions, I'm sorry!!! I put a lot of thought into its unique ability [only one!] so I don't want to delete it now... :oops: )

I've thought a lot about this over the past day or so. Since I love snakes and the color green, and find that we are seriously lacking in the green arcane wyrm department, I hereby submit my idea for an elemental-type Fel Wyrmling pet! (I cannot edit pics very well, so here is the model, and I hope that my description will suffice! :? )

Appearance: In the looks department, I picture the body as being translucent black in skin color, with green fins and eyes. It would have a subtle fel flame effect surrounding it, and a mark upon its forehead like the one given to your character by the Accursed Tome of the Sargerei.

Abilities: Unique to the Fel Wyrmling would be the ability Legion's Advance: "Taints the ground with a Fel miasma, poisoning the target for x beast damage immediately. All enemies also succumb to the dread of the Legion, suffering 50% healing reduction and y beast damage per round for three rounds. Five round cooldown." The effect in battle would look like the one created by the Pocket Fel Spreader toy. Naturally, it would also come with the elemental Fel Immolate ability, as well as other beast/serpent-like abilities.

How to Acquire: Legion would be the perfect expansion to add our little friend! A new vignette spawn would be added to any Broken Isles zone that has a demonic presence, such as Azsuna or Suramar, called (unsurprisingly) Fel Wyrm. The demons there are trying to turn the majestic creature to their sinister purposes. It drops the mini-pet upon death, should you choose to put it out of its misery; as a special bonus, it is tameable for hunters, giving us a new and unique appearance (minus the Sargerei crest and flame effect). Like any other vignette, it would have a fast spawn timer so as to discourage camping/griefing.

Fun Things: I can't think of any hunter pet / minipet interactions, other than the minipet maybe trying to cutely chase its bigger cousin around (if you have the Fel Wyrm or any an arcane wyrm summoned), zipping to and fro since they have those lovely, coiled bodies.

Thank you for your consideration, and good luck, everyone! :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Rhyela wrote:(Edit: I read after the fact that you didn't want lengthy ability descriptions, I'm sorry!!! I put a lot of thought into its unique ability [only one!] so I don't want to delete it now... :oops: )
Not in the least! It's great. We just didn't want to create a situation where people felt they needed to write something lengthy to compete. If you're passionate about it then by all means... :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have Mischief already, but couldn't resist posting a selfie with my druid:
Some of my favorite ideas so far are the tickbird, Harkitten, and of course Jormy, Spawn of Jormy.
Attachments
mischief managed.jpg
mischief managed.jpg (146.7 KiB) Viewed 30329 times
Caffe
Realm: Ragnaros

Unread post by Caffe »

okay, this may not be a hunter pet to match with exactly, but it's a battle pet idea of mine 8D

he's a small unicorn, when summoned, he comes out with some flowers and grass on his feet

Magic pet ´v`
his abilities would be the same as the Gazelle pet