LF Advice Thread

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: LF Advice On [Insert Subject Here] Thread

Unread post by Ana »

Heh thanks for your input :D I think im going to finish one scatter project at a time.. then maybe during the process i change my mind about some of these :D Still have some to scatter before i go over these :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ok so in my slightly unhappy state and like someone else said being a glutton for punishment ................. I scattered my scatter project today for the first time in like .................. five months.
And his first set of colors he threw was STUNNING ..... but not what I wanted which was gloom /metals /maize. So with a deep breath, eyes closed I scattered him again. And he threw this:
Sapphire /honey /algae

I was really bummed out by the tert (only had two scrolls) and decided to try and see if I can find some with this combo I liked. And then saw this:

I love that the sapphire matches his water eyes. I really wanted him to be a XXY or a triple but it just seems like I simply cannot afford to buy the scrolls it's probably going to take to get there since my luck is so bloody poor.
What do you guy think?
Keep this and rename /gene him or keep scattering him?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh always hard to advice on colors for others ; but here goes my try.. ... I made some more scrying examples for you, as in my eyes the runes are very bright ;)

Image Image Image

His colors are not some that I would go for in my lair but he is very pretty and vibrant - guess in the end it comes down to this.. can you live with his colors? Does he make you happy? That is all that matters :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal

Thanks doll. I wouldn't normally go for those colours either but for some odd reason they struck me.
Honestly he'll probably stay a PC. He was given to me by a very good friend as a PC and even though she probably wouldn't care I don't feel it's right to change him like that.
The ONLY reason he became a scatter project was because I accidentally scattered him in a migraine meds induced haze instead of the dragon next to him.
Still to broke to worry about it now though :lol: Curse my buying two dragons today.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh i too have scattered the wrong dragon.. its such a DOH! Hope you find what you like with your pearlie :D <3

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

nvm I'll figure it out

zedxrgal

Ok so this isn't on any specific dragon except dragons I've purchased art for. Some. Very expensive art. What do you do when /if a new gene is released that looks pretty damn good on a dragon but they have A LOT of commissioned art???
I am very torn about this. Some of the art was created by close friends. Some were commissioned using US dollars. Some are completely animated and animated extremely well.
Part of me is torn because I am not sure if the artist would be insulted if I just changed the dragon and then requested new art. I mean. Yeah they're making money (so to speak) but I know some of my art, especially the animated pieces, take a lot of work and time. In my eyes I might feel like I wasted my time.
I just am not sure. I really don't want an artist to be upset with me because they worked hard to create something beautiful and I want to change it.

Thoughts????

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I approached the artist who made my wolf and explained my situation for them. I first off complimented them on their stunning artwork and I have experience that if I am kind and word what I want to carefully and with respect it is often not taken ill up.. no guaranties though but then you have tried what you could... I feel you about wasting the money so I would approached them.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I've been considering doing some RP again but I'm not sure how to go about it. I don't think my previous Pinkerlocke is an option any more given how long it's been since I last updated it, plus I never got a feeling for where the story was going. I thought of doing a full-on Nuzlocke as well but I'm not sure how best to write for that, plus being extremely limited on how you got new dragons put me off, which is why I liked the idea of the Pinkerlocke cos it gave prompts for when to write among other things. But it's those daily prompts and other things that caused me to ultimately burn out as it takes ages for me to write a chapter and often I simply am not in a creative mood. Add to that prompts for art and that's what made me give up. So many missed posts cos I had no inspiration/time/interest.

One Pinkerlocke I read recently had the idea of adding a twist to the art prompt (trinkets) by adding a heads-or-tails mechanic wherein heads was art and tails was the option to bring in a temporary character to the story. They also kept writing despite which item they got that day (sometimes throwing multiple posts together like I did a couple times). I quite like these cos the former adds variety, and in our case I could ask you guys if you'd like to see one of your dragons in my story, and the latter allows creativity without the stress of keeping it daily and negates the possibility of nothing interesting occurring (Coliseum update blah blah this many rounds, this dragon is now level x etc).

What other ideas can you guys think of that could make a Pinkerlocke, or any 'locke variant, more interesting without causing too much burnout?

For anyone interested the basic FR Nuzlocke rules can be found here and Pinkerlocke here.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Nuzlocke is so unapealing to me.. too many rules. And no gather for food.. i much better like the twist.. and i for one would not mind having my dragons in your story.. as long as i dont need to exalt them :-).. as for new ideas. I always liked the traveled dragons story.. could your dragon travel between lairs.. do one colisium battle each place? If your dragon died in combat the lair msg you to hear what to do next?

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Perhaps roleplaying with someone else might help keep creativity going? (or burn you out more, it's kinda a gamble what it does to me :?)
As for solo RP like 'locke challenges, I'm afraid I have no real good help cause I've always tried and failed at those sorts of things :c

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Tarn - Sorry Tarn but I'd be against travelling dragons (ie actually receiving one of your dragons ingame) for 'lockes because of the death/exalting thing. All the dragon you offer will do is make a cameo in the story - perhaps offer food and shelter, maybe just passing by and snarking at the group. You can tell me if they have any defined personality already and what they could do yourself or I make something up as relevant to the current plot :)

Alex - Funny thing, I did consider asking if people here would be interested in an open FR RP but chickened out due to pessimism and believing no one would be interested ;w; Multi-person forum RP is what got me into RP to start with and I do enjoy it as long as everyone else is as well. Never got on well with one-on-one though.
Understandable about 'lockes. They are difficult and emotional challenges. I... actually cheated once in my previous one >_> *cough*

Thanks both!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

My rp suuxs but i would not mind joining in one. My colisium team consist of 3 pretty well written lore. Jill, Jack and my Shadow who refuse to scatter right... But i could never do a "die" rp thing.. my dragons are too old and have cost too much for that..
Last edited by Ana on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varethyn
Petopia Artist

Well there are "baby" rules that allow you to keep your existing lair and partition off new dragons for the challenge providing you don't use the other dragons to help in any way (such as boosting them in the coli). That said you kinda need space to do that... ;D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

:p heh and i only buy old dragons which makes it harder heh... but i would help in any other way i can :-D

Ashaine
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Silver Hand (H) Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Ashaine »

So, someone asked if I would breed my clan leader and his mate. The only problem is that his mate is an X/Y/X G1. Granted, she's already been bred (not by me - she was like that when I bought her), but I'm still iffy to breed her as she only has two children and more children may decrease her value further. However, I don't ever plan to sell her, so maybe I'm just worried over nothing. Opinions?

Ashaine Silverfel - <Dreadblade Assassins> - Silver Hand US - Faileas#1676
Deviantart | Facebook | Signature Shop | Flight Rising
"Not all who wander are lost."

Guildmaster • Hunter-Friendly RP Guild • Always Recruiting! • PM me!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I would breed her...I know that by breeding m 6 digits i also decrease their value, but I like hachlings and they are not going anywhere :-D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If you never plan to sell her (or her mate) I see no reason not to breed them. :) A decreased value doesn't mean much if you don't have the desire to resell in the future.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Making some name signs for my plague version of Romeo & Juliet.. Would love some feed back :D - The name signs looks transparent in a dragons bio..

Image Image

Also somewhat in relations to that... are Gru & Romeo too much a like? What would you do to separate them more? (Different secondary for Romeo e.g. ..i was thinking maybe hex?)

Image Image

zedxrgal

It looks gorgeous. My only thought would be if the heart after Romeo could be more centered I feel it would be perfect.