New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Had someone find a new spirit beast, a FOX! I seen the post and the pictures on the facebook site Warcraft Hunter's Union.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warcraf ... 2618930318

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=118244/light ... w#comments
Sonam
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Sonam »

Confirmed, Lightning Paw is hiding in the bushes of Raven Hill Cemetery, Duskwood. Interesting note: I tamed him in my Surv spec! Just couldn't summon till I swapped.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Sonam wrote:Interesting note: I tamed him in my Surv spec! Just couldn't summon till I swapped.
I wonder if that's a deliberate change. It would be fantastic if it was; it would allow hunters to be able to quickly tame rare exotics without having to be Beast Masters or take the time to swap and risk losing them!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well that was a surprise! Thanks, I'll add him :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

lilaughingwolf wrote:Had someone find a new spirit beast, a FOX! I seen the post and the pictures on the facebook site Warcraft Hunter's Union.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warcraf ... 2618930318

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=118244/light ... w#comments

Well that makes sense! There was a new NPC added at the hunter lodge next to the goblin and gnome NPCs. And if you talk to him he talks about being in Duskwood feeling like he was being watched! I think NPC's name was Watcher Danuser
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Interesting. If there is one, perhaps there is more?
Squirrel
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Squirrel »

Spotted the Watcher immediately after logging in and got intrigued by his dialogue. A fox y'say!

Is it just the one spawn point confirmed at the moment? Wondering if there could be more. One of the hunters here has been camping in the bush for the last 6 hours and yet to see it.
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I camped for 6 hr 37 mins after last confirmed tame but had to log to go do something, came back and lots of hunter no fox...not sure if it was grabed by someone in those 3 hrs I was gone. Hope it doesn't have a crazy long spawn timer :(
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

the only pic I saw was the one taken in darkness, is there one in a brighter area where we can see what the fox's graphic effects are?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

How cool!! Thanks for sharing. I hope I can tame her soon.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Sorry to be the pessimist in the group but .................. meh. I feel it's a huge shame they chose that model to turn into a spirit beast when they could have easily made a nice NEW model like a Draenor raptor or something a new SB. Shoot even a Rylak would have been AMAZING. Better yet. Why not rework the new fox model and give it a mouth (since that was their excuse why it wasn't a pet) and turn that into a spirit beast. I know I don't have to tame it and blah blah blah but this is just ...............................ugh. I'm sorry but I find that fox model very ugly. :?

I am happy though for those who like /love it. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I too would of preferred the new model but I'm happy they're adding (still) more species to the spiritbeast family

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Ok, so it seems that the fox has multiple spawn points. I found him at 30/42
  • It sits inside the bushes as a stealthed unit.

It scales to your level

You can flare it, or if you have track hidden it will be visible once you get close enough.

It is non aggressive

and you can trap it

It also has a unique electric effect that is more like a spark/short circuit evey now and then, in combination with his allover electric shimmer. He is also slightly transparent.

Now we just have to rustle every bush and see how many spawn locations it has....

Good luck everyone!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090116_072950.jpg
WoWScrnShot_090116_072950.jpg (162.12 KiB) Viewed 6660 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I found mine in a different spot, 23, 76.

I noticed the first reported spawn point had one of those bushes that had glowing/blinking eyes on it. I decided to take a hunch and fly around Duskwood to check out other bushes with that same effect on them. Found mine in a bush with blinking eyes in Addle's Stead. Not sure if that's really the way to ID spawn points, but I managed to find him just using /tar and checking out those bushes specifically.

The lightning current/effect on him actually looks like a version of the "Titan's Thunder" effect that shimmers around your pet while active. But he is pretty cool :D

Example of the "blinking eyes" bush I was talking about. Note that this is the first reported spawn location in Raven Hill, but I also found it in the bush I tamed him at (there's two of these at Addle's Stead). Could be coincidence but, with all the weird hidden stuff Blizzard has added lately, I figured it couldn't hurt to investigate.

Attachments
eyes.jpg
eyes.jpg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 6660 times
Last edited by Rikaku on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING IN DUSKWOOD! There is a new NPC at the Trueshot Lodge that worked for the Nightwatch in Duskwood saying he could still feel something watching him in the bushes! He is sitting on something by the target dummies to the right of the building entrance.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Clayford13 wrote:I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING IN DUSKWOOD! There is a new NPC at the Trueshot Lodge that worked for the Nightwatch in Duskwood saying he could still feel something watching him in the bushes! He is sitting on something by the target dummies to the right of the building entrance.

Yeah, I didn't notice him until you mentioned him XD I talked to him and he actually does mention specifically "Sometimes you catch a glimpse of their beady little eyes, watching you from the bushes."

So maybe the blinking eye bushes actually are the intended spawn points. Though, I can't remember all the places I've seen them in Duskwood over the years. But I know there's a lot both on the West and East ends of the region.

Though (a bit disappointingly lol), the Watcher from Duskwood who gives the tip doesn't seem to react at all if you bring Lightning Paw in front of him. Not that I totally intended it but with the Rush/Treble NPCs chatting next to him, I had to try lol

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I just found him on WRA at 16, 54. I do believe he may only spawn in the bushes with the blinking eyes.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Shame that they didn't use the new fox model - would have been really nice. But can't look a gift fox in the mouth, and it's still cool.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Aww, what a sweet addition! Does this make him the lowest level spirit beast available? How low does he scale?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Can anyone who tamed this pet add me on bnet? I'd like to see and hear it, to see if it'll fit my hunter's aesthetic and theme. I don't wanna compete with everyone else if it might not even suit me or my old man toon. Sardonyx#12464

I have horde and ally hunters so faction doesn't really matter. Edit: Thank you, Icharia, for letting me see and hear him!