Hunter Changes in 7.1.5

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Re: Hunter Changes in 7.1.5

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xota wrote:
Rikaku wrote: Can we also ask them why the heck "Hunting Companion" gives a boost to proc Mongoose Bite even when you're specced as BM or MM? Hunting Companion should change its buff based on your spec.
I suspect what you're seeing is just tooltip or interface bug. I'm in BM, and my mastery reads correctly (Master of Beasts, not Hunting Companion).
No, my personal mastery reads correctly. It says "Master of Beasts". I'm talking about the pet's passive buffs (the actual pet tab in the spellbook). In my spellbook, under Pet, there's Hunting Companion, which is just a passive.

I'm saying that either that should be removed from showing up in the spellbook on my pet, or changed to be a passive buff for my pet to benefit the actual spec I'm in.

Unless you're referring to the same spellbook pet tab too. Cause mines been doing this since beta :?

Some photos to show what I mean:

Attachments
Mastery.jpg
Mastery.jpg (32.48 KiB) Viewed 14376 times
mastery_spellbook.jpg
mastery_spellbook.jpg (147.93 KiB) Viewed 14368 times
Pet_tab.jpg
Pet_tab.jpg (194.86 KiB) Viewed 14368 times

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

That's what I'd call an interface bug then.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Rikaku do by chance have The Apex Predator's Claw legendary ring? Because I noticed your pet has Spiked Collar and Boar's Speed and it my be the ring messing with stuff. :mrgreen:

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Rawr wrote:Rikaku do by chance have The Apex Predator's Claw legendary ring? Because I noticed your pet has Spiked Collar and Boar's Speed and it my be the ring messing with stuff. :mrgreen:
I do, but this has been occurring even before I had the ring. This occurred in beta (definitely no legendary there) and on live pre-ring. Even if I take the ring off, it's still there (all the other passives leave tho). So sadly, not the ring.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I was super curious as to what our new Beast Mastery damage would look like and what other nifties we were getting (or loosing) in the upcoming patch. So I downloaded the PTR and compared my new numbers listed by the tooltips.

Char info Pandaren Hunter, 110 Titanstrike ilvl 878 /876 using Ferocity Raven pet

Old/ current patch :

Cobra shot : 115, 089
Aspect of the Beast (ferocity) : 35,598
Chimera Shot : 55,383 x 2
Barrage : 668,787 / 334,393
Multi shot : 25,384 (this is a little off since my legion version has a slightly higher relic in that slot)

Murder of Crows : 1,183,968

New / PTR / 7.1.5 :

Cobra shot : 112, 297 ( looks like we lost some damage there. Like this needed a nerf?) Lost 2792 points in damage. However it's minor enough it may be because of the slight change in my stats.

Aspect of the Beast ( Ferocity) : 69,447 Gained : 33849 points in damage.
Chimera Shot : 86,462 x 2 : Gained : 31079 points in damage ( per shot)
Mulit shot : 28,145 : Gained around : 3078 points in damage.

Murder of Crows : 1138192 - So it looks like we lost a bit of damage on this too. Again why? it's minor enough it may be because of the slight change in my stats.

Barrage : 564,205 However the tool tip now says to all enemies in front of you. Does that mean each enemy now gets hit for the full number? Or does it divide it evenly between them all? If it's ALL enemies that's a considerable bump even if we've lost damage on the 'original' target.

Sure I like hitting harder on more targets, but I still feel like we don't do nearly enough on single target.

So there is some damage increase for me, but when I went hunting about the bears outside the Trueshot Lodge I can't say I felt like I was taking them down any faster. Without being able to use Recount or Skada I can't record better sim of what our new damage will be for an encounter.

What have you all found out or like about the potential changes? It's nice to have traps back, BM gets two it seems. Sadly it doesn't appear to allow us to bind it to disengage yet. I'll have to see if there is a glyph that will let us do that again. I'd LOVE to have it back.

I do plan to go sneaking about to see if any new tames have popped up but I haven't had a chance to seek.

I'm not sure why the PTR had my crit strike, mastery and versa drop, other than the Warpblade Flux relic i lvl 845, it was a 42 lvl item with 1 rank of focus of the titans, and of course the ptr just restared so I can't double check the Titanstrike stats. I'll do that once it's back up.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Post on MMOC is full of whining about Marks.

... honestly, and this is just salt from an old long-time BMer, I just feel like gloating a little. YEP. SUCK IT UP MARKS. YOUR TIME AS 'THE ONLY RAID VIABLE SPEC' IS FINALLY OVER. LEARN THE PAIN OF THE BM HUNTER IN ALMOST EVERY EXPAC EVER. *cough*

I got shoehorned into marks in WoD because I was trying to get the moose and thus had to 'play raider' for months. I HATE marks. Hate hate hate. But I also didn't want to get benched because the RL was convinced that BM was piss. Other classes see other specs rise and fall (mage especially) but hunter has always been 'if you're not marks you're bad'. I'm glad to see another spec pass it for once. If they don't just fart with it to make marks better again anyway.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just wanted to say. Even though it appears to be intended I submitted a ticket about tame beast now being a level 13 requirement. It SUCKS. I started another hunter ( :roll: ) on my second account since there aren't any one there and for some reason I was missing them. Lets just say it's been a LONG long long time since I leveled from level 1. And with the changes it's actually kind of tough. To not be able to change from your starting pet at level 10 makes is annoying. Of note. Which may be a bug. It would not allow me to change my pet out of cunning before level 10. I was dumb to try. I chose a belf not even thinking or remembering about no taming before 13. To me it's kind of uncool to almost force a person to be stuck with that pet till level 10. And you start out as BM. I don't remember that being the "default" but maybe that's just me. Again. Been a super long time. Like years, since I had a baby hunter like this.
My gnome doesn't count because she level purely by Legion invasions.

I probably should have remembered that it'd changed. But. It's a real bummer it's intended.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

BM's been the default for hunters since they started 'default'. Warrior starts as Arms, rogue as Assassination. Druid starts as Balance, but that's recent... or rather a recent reversion. It -was- Balance, then it switched to Feral when they made it so you started with catform already from Lv1. But they've moved catform back a bunch (can't remember if it's 8 or 10) and you're back to balance as a starter.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket