Totally feeling like a newbie

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Totally feeling like a newbie

Unread post by Ana »

*Why does my hp and focus bars appear benath me when i take damage?
*Why does my pet not attack those who attack me ? It only moves if i starts to attack
*Why is my aspects gone and only last 30 sek? O.o
*NO clue which talents to take as bm :D

man i feel noobish

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: Totally feeling like a newbie

Unread post by Varethyn »

1. It's a new bar feature with Legion. You can turn it off somewhere in the menu (haven't been on for a while, can't remember exactly where it is. I think the option is "display additional info" or something like that though).

2. It's the "improved" pet system. Assist now only attacks enemies you've attacked. Defensive only attacks the target that hit you. Guess Blizz got annoyed that we only ever used Assist cos it did both...?

3. All Aspects are CDs now. Cheetah is the absolute WORST.

4. I only play SV personally so no clue either :P

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

heh wow a lot have changed!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I use these:

Big Game Hunter
Chimaera Shot
Posthaste
Blink Strikes
Wyvern Sting
Barrage
Stampede

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I use:
Dire Stable
Stomp (aoe) / Dire Frenzy (single target)
Posthaste
Blink Strikes
Wyvern Sting (but Binding Shot is probably better now that we have a trap again)
Murder of Crows*
Aspect of the Beast (experimenting, I want to like it, but I don't know yet if its worth it).

I don't like having a lot of pets, visually or mechanics wise.
I'd prefer Dire Frenzy to Stomp, but Stomp helps aoe and without Barrage. Plus whenever my giant larva spawns in for Dire Beast, my guild leader thinks it's an add.

I'd prefer to have Barrage instead of Murder of Crows, and sometimes I switch it back. The shorter cooldown on Barrage makes BM more fun to me, especially since I like the visual/audio effect of Barrage. Trying to time Murder of Crows to get most of its duration (without expiring) on adds isn't fun for me. And it leaves the rest of my rotation with one less button. But Barrage got nerfed for main target (single target) damage. It's not worth the positioning trouble most of the time now. Volley is supposed to be better for tight group aoe, and you don't have the positioning issue with it. But it looks less fun to me.

I've been using Stampede, but with the buff to Aspect of the Beast, I'm trying it out. I like my pet to be really powerful, and it's always disappointing when a boss gets dragged out of Stampede (the tank is probably trying to get away from that giant larva add). Killer Cobra is supposed to be good for single target burst.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Why posthaste.... I almost NEVER uses disengange... I always had intimidation for my pets.. its it needed for solo and casual to have wyvern or binding?

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Icy Veins BM Guide should help quite a bit if you're returning.
The easy guide is quite nice for a newbie /returned player. That should answer a lot of questions.
I believe posthaste is the best of the three available talents still

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

atm the only change i like is the transmog system :P

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I was going to link to IcyVeins but zed beat me to it. :) The IcyVeins guides are great! Talents are fully customizable! If you don't want to use a certain talent you don't have to! I'm sure a lot of the ones being listed are people doing more end game content than anything casual. :) But the guide(s) give a nice head start.

The new transmog system is amazing! Though I am finding I don't have nearly enough low level pieces to dress my characters how I'd like. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I miss my glyphs :p.. and thankfully i was/am as much of a hoarder i wow as i am in fr..hsd 3 guildbank tabs filled with mogs to learn ;-). Still not sure if ill play ..but if i dont atleast my characters look good while idle ;-)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Just a note about the mog system that threw me off at first: So, even though a plate wearer can equip every type of armor in the game, the look for transmog won't actually unlock unless it's being used on the actual class that uses that type of armor. ie, only cloth wearers can unlock cloth looks

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh yeah too bad though... but i mostly have mail users ;-)

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Posthaste vs Trailblazer (vs Farstrider I GUESS?) is a weird one. I've been using Trailblazer a lot more recently because running around Dalaran/the lodge at what I still consider my "normal speed" (despite being slow as molasses for months now) makes me feel better, and I often forget to swap back out to Posthaste before leaving town. I could use a talent swappy thing but those are still averaging like 600g per so I typically only do that if I'm doing something where I NEED the root break (Dragons and Cenarius in EN, and tbh sometimes not even then). Trailblazer is nicer than Posthaste in dungeons (especially mythic+) because zoom zoom you're on a timer and everybody's gotta go fast.

It's a utility vs convenience situation that feels a little bit awkward as a talent choice, but there may be a fight in nighthold where you can actually make use of trailblazer DURING combat, whereas there isn't really much of one in either EN or ToV (portal duty on mythic Dragons or swapping platforms on Renferal, I guess?) I'm not sure. I suppose it's still a better talent choice than, say... Adaptation vs. whatever the other two were in WoD, where it wasn't actually a choice at all :P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I feel like trailblazer is best for my "im back for 3 days" needs.. Also i feel like that aspect of the beast is the easy choise.. I like stampeede but tbh i prob only would use that in a boss fight and since i dont plan to raid or do dungeons while im back aspect of the beast makes it one less button to push

Also pets lost ALL their special abilities? well except some.. Scorpids still got something extra..Is there a list of pets who still have a special ability? (beside exoctics) ? Is there a THE pet to have now a days?

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I like my my Carrion Birds or Devilsaurs, SBs, and Crabs/Beetles/Turtles :D :mrgreen:

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

There is no such thing as "the pet to have" anymore. But. Yes a scorpid is great against many a foe because of mortal woulds. Crocolisks still have ankle crack which is also very useful in many cases. If you went BM you could grab and of the SB since it sounds like you're at 100?
Right now my baby hunter is leveling under BM with mainly her scorpid. I just change between tenacity /ferocity a lot.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tårnfalk wrote:I feel like trailblazer is best for my "im back for 3 days" needs.. Also i feel like that aspect of the beast is the easy choise.. I like stampeede but tbh i prob only would use that in a boss fight and since i dont plan to raid or do dungeons while im back aspect of the beast makes it one less button to push

Also pets lost ALL their special abilities? well except some.. Scorpids still got something extra..Is there a list of pets who still have a special ability? (beside exoctics) ? Is there a THE pet to have now a days?
Kalliope made a nice chart for Legion that I'm gonna link here, hopefully she doesn't mind. :) A few pets still have some useful abilities, so while it isn't required, some of these might make the most sense to bring along (such as a SB for the extra heal, Bloodlust if you don't otherwise have it in the group, a battle rez, etc)

Attachments
!Kalliope's Legion Pet Abilities Chart (7.0.3).png
!Kalliope's Legion Pet Abilities Chart (7.0.3).png (52.92 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Awesome! Really helpful. Thanks :-D