In need of a good game. Need advice

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

In need of a good game. Need advice

Unread post by Ana »

I am looking for a good game to play...

I have tried MANY games.. WoW, Aion, Everquest 1 & 2, Ultima Online, ESO online, Anarchy online. Guildwars 2, Lord of the rings online, ESO, long dark, rising World, Ark survival, Boundless, Myst, My Island, Garden Paws, My Time In Portia

Rp/MMORPG/Solo games any thing goes. Here are some

critirias of game

*Big world. I dont want a game I am done with in short amount of time.

*Be able to do all tradeskills and gatherskills on one character

*Not too difficult to do tradeskilling.

*Descent graphic - no blocks

*If a mmorpg it must be a good solo game, I dont like grp with ppl.

*NO PvP

*No humanoids enemies /mobs

*Must be a journal/quest system. I do not do well in open worlds with no directions.

* No blood when killing animal (Ark lvl unacceptable - rising world acceptable)

Any ideas to what i should play? I am limited to games on a stationary computer so no xbox games :D
Last edited by Ana on Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: In need of a good game. Need advice

Unread post by Rawr »

ArcheAge, I got to tame my mount and they fight with u when you're not riding them and the world is big, not sure how big. I was one of the cat people. :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

what can you tame? only mounts or also pets like in wow? and what kind of mobs are there most of? Humanoids/beast/undead etc ? Can one character gather all?/ get all tradeskill ?

This does not sound good to me
Fight for Glory

Assemble allies and build an empire to span continents. Sabotage your enemies’ trade and lay waste to their armies in the field. Rally your forces and craft massive siege engines to storm the heart of rival castles and claim them as your own, or test your skill against hundreds of other players in open world battlegrounds

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/game/ Here is the game guide. Sorry Taarn, I'll list more when I come back from work. :hug: :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yes. ArcheAge is a highly competitive PvP game
Ouch that rules it out for me.. unless the pvp is in battelgrounds only.. I HATE pvp..

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi

I never got too far into the game but maybe you'd like it. There's one pet class iirc (Venomancer). Not sure if PvP is instanced or not, never tried it

Might be fun for exploration. lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Ark Survival Evolved might be of interest. I haven't played it but I heard it's wonderful and you can tame everything. They also have a new DLC called Scorched Earth. I've had this game on my steam wish list since it was in alpha. :lol: It's not cheap but no sub fees.

Edit: Tera Online may be another one. Just thought of it. Though I do not believe there are tamable beasts even though there is a archer class. There's also Rift and Riders of Icarus. Tera & Rift I've not played since they first came out (long before they went FTP). RoI I've not played but heard it's badass. Just a couple more. :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Peridot - Arc games sadly sounds very pvp based..
Key Features
Cross Server PvP
Faction battles, featuring up to 80 vs 80 players, against rival factions to claim in-game territory and gain untold riches.
zedxrgal - I played Rift for a while. VERY dark game. A LOT of humanoid encounters. Way to demonic for me.. not a really "tame my pet" game. And i kinda want having a pet to tame so Terra is out of the question :P Riders of Icarus looks very demonic...and in the trailer you see a lot of humanoid encounters..

whimper.. if only i could make my own game :lol:

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Ark, not the Arche I linked before, I tamed and raised baby dinos. Its on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/ you can tame as many dinos (and non-dinos, there are reptiles, sharks, fish, birds, mammal-like-reptiles, mammals, prehistoric mammals, the list goes on) there are PvE servers and PvP servers and some a mix of both, also single player if you want.
Dis is my baby I hatched from an egg, he's tiny, so very tiny. :D :mrgreen:

SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

I'm also going to vouch for Ark Survival Evolved, I've watched Paulsoaresjr play both the original and Scorched Earth. It seemed interesting you can also tame and ride various dinosaurs, animals, and creatures.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Ark looks cute and maybe just the game for me...! Though expensive.. might give it a go if i can find the money to it..

The videos look very pvp like but if there is a solo option thats good

is there a trial version you can do before putting a lot of money into it?

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

The only trials for Ark right now are fake, don't trust them. Steam has sales all the time, if not try GoG (Good Old Games) and Humble Bundles.

Ark has 3 server types PvP, PvE, and PvPvE, 2 for Official PvP and PvE(game company runs them) and 3 for play ran servers.
PvPvE is PvP with places like bases or towns being PvE zones. :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I looked at the gameplay for solo on Youtube.. few questions. Can you turn the blood of ? The blood which comes when you harvest vides/meat/hit dinosaurs?
Also can i choose to play it as a two person game?

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Ark is a lot of fun, definitely avoid official realms though. They can be super grindy and cluttered, and you never know the kind of people you'll meet. An unofficial with slightly increased rates for taming, gathering etc. and a more tight-knit community was far more enjoyable, or even single player. That way taming something like a bronto won't take hours upon hours ...

I also used to play a free mmorpg called Dragon's prophet; I haven't played in a looong time but it was a lot of fun. Like all free to plays, there were in-game cash shops and such, but there was a huge variety of wild dragons to hunt and obtain as well. Even though the graphics could be a little outdated compared to some of the newer games, I still found it to be gorgeous with a pretty wide range of areas to explore.

If you enjoy going after & collecting rare pets and mounts in WoW, I think you'd enjoy it a lot. I got the same vibe as when I'd go after Time-lost or Aeonaxx... just so much adrenaline when you'd see the dragon finally spawn and then have to wrestle with it to tame it.

Still want to try rider's of icarus myself; looks interesting.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

So far i really like the solo gameplay for ark... if i could make that a two person game that be perfect.

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Well theres always hosting a private game on your computer and letting only friends join :D and I think you can turn the gore off, most games now a days have that option :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

If i host a game and invite the husband to join..will he be able to get into the game without me being online? Is his character saved like my own?
Also curios to what is the end goal ;-) :-D.

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Your running a server, he can get on if your computers is on and the server is running. You dont have to be online but u must have the LAN open. Its like file sharing with 2 computers in the same house. :D :mrgreen:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Oki cool. Can we trade stuff? Does he gets his own house/bed etc .. dont want it all bond to me :D
If the computer is on and the server is running
- does that mean i have to be logged in for the server to run? Sorry i got no clue how this works :P

Also curios to if he would loose his char if the server went down? Or can you just play solo and then join eachothers gsmes when ever?

And thanks for helping me :D

Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

You dont have to be on the server it just has to be running. Every server has it's own char, unless you move the char to others. Some servers wont let you move char, others you can't because of the engrams (Primitive+/Normal/Scorched Earth all have different engrams). :mrgreen: