New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: New Fox Spirit Beast: Lightning Paw

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh my! I love this fox! They finally used the "right" kind of transparency, not the "I can see your teeth thru your own butt" transparency (no offense Arcturis, Gondria, Karoma and friends)
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by Xella »

SetsunaChan wrote:Bendak has a short video on his site with Lightning Paws lightning affect. http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/01/how-t ... #more-5733

Images doesn't do the fella justice.
Oh that helps a lot actually; I really like the skin-based lightning but I'm super sensitive to that spark animation. Gonna have to pass on this one, he's gorgeous in motion though! (dang it, visual sensitivity, why you gotta play me like this!)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
SetsunaChan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Patch 7.1.5 pets

Unread post by SetsunaChan »

Xella wrote:
SetsunaChan wrote:Bendak has a short video on his site with Lightning Paws lightning affect. http://eyesofthebeast.com/2017/01/how-t ... #more-5733

Images doesn't do the fella justice.
Oh that helps a lot actually; I really like the skin-based lightning but I'm super sensitive to that spark animation. Gonna have to pass on this one, he's gorgeous in motion though! (dang it, visual sensitivity, why you gotta play me like this!)
You're welcome! :) It is a very nice animation that a screencap does no justice for it.
Nyrikah
Realm: Kargath-US

Unread post by Nyrikah »

I finally managed to tame this gorgeous fox!

At 12:58 PM EST, a hunter called out in general chat that they had just tamed Lightning Paw at the location in Addle's Stead (23.62, 76.73).

I flew around the known spawn points and decided to park my hunter at the bush by the road (16.20, 60.16) and log out. I logged back in at 2:28 PM EST and Lightning Paw was already there waiting. Was only an hour and a half spawn timer.

I know the previous hunter was from Stormrage-US and I am on Kargath-US. Stormrage is usually CRZed with us.

I didn't bother to fly around to all the blinking bushes in the zone. I only focused on the known spawn points:

/way 23, 29
/way 30.22, 41.58
/way 16.05, 60.01
/way 23.62, 76.73
/way 16.58, 54.33
/way 24.21, 39.35

Good luck to other hunters out there!
Last edited by Nyrikah on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Just got mine thanks to a friend on the Tol barad realm, a known spot by Addle's stead. :D

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Like others, I'm kinda disappointed that they didn't use the brand new fox model of the extension. (Come on, Volpin would have been gorgeous in blue. Or black. Or white. OR AS A CROSS FOX. Volpin would be gorgeous with any fur.) But the lightning is nice and it's right that it's finally a good transparency. :D
Good job on everyone who wanted it and have it !
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well it's a shame the model developers haven't had time to finish off the animations for the new fox, and give it more colours, but the dev who added Lightning Paw had to make the best of what was available to him and I think he did a brilliant job :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Wain wrote:Well it's a shame the model developers haven't had time to finish off the animations for the new fox, and give it more colours, but the dev who added Lightning Paw had to make the best of what was available to him and I think he did a brilliant job :)
Seeing it was his daughter I believe who came up with it I also think did a awesome job giving us hunters a new pet and making it scale.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm interested in this look for my Hati, but I'm patient. How many months does everyone think it will be before the spawns aren't continuously camped? :)
lymang
Realm: Alexstrasza-US

Unread post by lymang »

My realm (Alexstrasza) is heavily camped cross faction and cross level (because this pet scales). It's crazy. I haven't tried to check between 12AM and 5:30AM but every other time I check the place is crawling with hunters. I have not yet had any luck with trying to get a cross realm hop via the group finder, it is not as reliable a method as it once was. I hope to have some luck, just leaving my hunter there for a few days, checking in repeatedly. Best of luck to everyone else too!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

My realm is the same way. I stopped by at midight and around 2:30 am and campers in ever known bush with multiple people flying around. This is gonna be another Loque BUT there is a report of a spawn less than 2 hours from each other on Wowhead. may be CRZ shenanigans, but may be legit so thats hopeful.
Nyrikah
Realm: Kargath-US

Unread post by Nyrikah »

I'm not sure if other hunters have noticed this, but when you feign death with Lightning Paw, he loses his lightning visual effect.

And when I use the Wake Up ability, the lightning visual effect is still gone.

Usually dismissing him and summoning again restores the effect.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Woot!! FINALLY got mine ! Image
Location 23.68 76.84 on Dalaran. Good luck to everyone!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Tamed 10:19pm central time for me. Was after someone had killed it like an hour ago. It seemed less then that though.

edityspagitti- it was the bush down on the road, where the alliance npcs are just before entering raven hill.
lymang
Realm: Alexstrasza-US

Unread post by lymang »

is anyone offering assistance on a (even slightly less busy) realm with a cross realm invite? This is ridiculous.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Started a discord channel for rare hunting please join us at https://discord.gg/Yxryt
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't know if I'm just getting older or if I'm spoiled from not having to truly camp a pet in a long time, but camping this fox is killing me lol

I can't help but ask myself why they put this in Duskwood and not in Broken Isles. I like how they are still doing stuff in old world (CRZ nonsense aside), it just felt random to me. Would love to know their reasoning. Wonder if it had anything to do with the dude's daughter who inspired the pet.

Edit:
Qinni wrote:Tamed 10:19pm central time for me. Was after someone had killed it like an hour ago. It seemed less then that though.

edityspagitti- it was the bush down on the road, where the alliance npcs are just before entering raven hill.
An hour... hmmm... I wonder if thats the low end of his respawn timer. I always wonder if CRZ messes with that stuff. Either way thats hopeful.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

does anbybody know if eagle-eye works? rather than running around just use eagle eye around the entire zone?

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Phenias
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Phenias »

Ok, here are the confirmed spawn points in map form as per Wowhead comments and this thread:
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Thanks for the map! That helps a lot!

I finally got it on the PTR. I was going to stop camping for a while but after seeing it in person, I want it more than ever. Guess I'm spending a lot of time in Duskwood :D