Wolfhawk - upcoming hunter class mount

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Wolfhawk - upcoming hunter class mount

Unread post by Vephriel »

7.2 is on the PTR and we can finally get a better look at our order hall mount.

It seems that hunters are indeed being given 3 colour variations of their class mount (which is officially called a Wolfhawk), so that's a nice surprise, though I'm not positive which colour goes with which spec yet. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd guess that Dire might be MM, Loyal BM, and Fierce SV??

Here's some screenshots I took of the model in the mount tab, which is sadly a limited view and a small window, so I can't fit the whole beast in. I'm sure sites will have better images soon once they datamine the models themselves, but for now here's a preview. I took screenshots zoomed in as close as I could so you can see the details and colours.

And a full-body one, albeit small, just so you can get a glimpse of it:
Attachments
dire.png
dire.png (327.63 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
fierce.png
fierce.png (333.09 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
loyal.png
loyal.png (326.3 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
WoWScrnShot_011917_201029.png
WoWScrnShot_011917_201029.png (115.02 KiB) Viewed 4289 times
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Wolfhawk - upcoming hunter class mount

Unread post by Talihawk »

Neat!! tried to log into ptr but it seems down for me atm. Cant wait to poke around and see if anything is tameable or if any of our pets have abilities back.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

haha wow neat idea for a mount I have to say even if it looks like something I'd find really dumb. I mean it's a wolf bird! XD

I like the red one but I'm sure MM wont get that one. So I assume all classes get their own mounts and not just hunters?
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Yeah all classes are getting mounts ^^

I really like it actually! From the video I thought it would be a bit more bulky and awkward but looks good from what I can see in the images.

Thanks for sharing Vephriel! If it's not to much trouble, would you be able to take photo of one from the front? If not that's fine!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I really like the Dire and Loyal! <3

...the Fierce, well I'm just not loving body/eye/gem colour combo.... but thats just me.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Here it is, by MmoChampion !

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah, loyal is definitely the bm one, dire seems like the mm one, and fierce the surv one.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I love both loyal & fierce so I don't mind. I actually like all three.. Though I must admit Fierce would have looked better with a different eye & gem - a warmer color.

I really wonder how it'll work though. Do they switch specs with you like artifacts? And why do some classes that only have three specs have four recolors (paladin, rogue?)? I guess some will be unused?

It does bum me out though that there are so many GORGEOUS mounts that I'll never be able to use because I either can't stand the spec or I can't stand the class :P Mainly Priest though. Please Blizzard... let gryph-owls become wild beasts with natural colors. ;-;
Last edited by Lupen202 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ohh good, I knew better images would come out soon! :) Thanks for posting Inay.

And yeah, I like the Dire one best out of all of them (I'm glad my guesses were right!), and even though the Fierce one doesn't appeal to me specifically, I do think it would match really nice with blood elves. :D It has their colour scheme going for it.

Guh, so many of the class mounts I love though. I'm still super jealous about the ravens that rogues get, and I'm drooling over that beautiful purple shadow priest mount. I'm definitely going to have to level some of my alts for some of them.

I'm also curious how it's going to work in terms of spec. I thought maybe the mount would be a single one that changed depending on what spec you were in, but since there's multiple listings of them in the mount tab....hmmm. I don't want to put too much hope in wondering if they'll let us "unlock" them and then use them no matter what spec we're in, but that would be nice.;;;

I'm a little bemused by the colour variants though, and how some classes have 4 or more?? And some only get 1. That doesn't seem very fair. :( I feel sorry for classes that didn't get any variations at all. If even hunter specs can get some (and our specs don't feel that thematically different), I think all of the classes deserve at least 3 choices.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:I'm a little bemused by the colour variants though, and how some classes have 4 or more?? And some only get 1. That doesn't seem very fair. :( I feel sorry for classes that didn't get any variations at all. If even hunter specs can get some (and our specs don't feel that thematically different), I think all of the classes deserve at least 3 choices.
I think I read where a dev said they are not done adding color variants yet.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote: I don't want to put too much hope in wondering if they'll let us "unlock" them and then use them no matter what spec we're in, but that would be nice.;;;.

I was thinking the same...

It'd definitely be nice. :(

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

They look even better than I thought they would. I personally love the fierce one, but the loyal one is quite nice too, so I'm not put out by which one goes to which spec. I have to say though, calling it a 'wolfhawk' seems rather uninspired. Then again, what *do* you call a creature that's part wolf and part bird?

Still drooling over the DK mount. It's my primary incentive for levelling my DK.

ImageImageImage
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah the DK one is probably my favorite along with hunter & priest. The frost is especially .. gorgeous? (if you can call an undead dragon that), which is surprising as I normally dislike blue.

I just wish the blood mount didn't have that weird yellow glow. It doesn't match at all.. A dark red would've been nicer.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

For some classes, it seems pretty obvious which colors/variants go with which specs. And for others it doesn't seem like there's any correlation at all. Paladin and rogues have four variations even. And I don't see *any* reason that any of the colors for the wolfhawk would be associated with any of the specs.

I'm hoping that the player gets to choose which skin they want, and the colors that match specs well (mage, dk, warlock, priest) aren't mandatory, just available for good matching.

I don't care for the druid mount at all. I'd rather just have a glyph like sentinel, but for raven. That flying eyebrow is just weird.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The only one I would have thought would link with a spec would be green for SV, since camouflage in the wilderness and all. But it sounds like green is BM?

They look gorgeous anyway. I wonder if any wild ones have been added to the BI.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I am surprised (in a good way) we got variants. I figured they would be stingy with the variants but more got them than I figured. And while our specs have more identity now, I never associated them with color like Mages, DK, and Priest. So happy about that!

However one thing is bugging me. I know these mounts are recolors of the same model, but its going to be a little odd riding a Survival specific mount with a quiver lol
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Quiv wrote: However one thing is bugging me. I know these mounts are recolors of the same model, but its going to be a little odd riding a Survival specific mount with a quiver lol
Unless they filled it with throwing javelins/hatchets. Ah, I dream.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Looking at the animations in WMV, their wings are very strange. They basically grow/ pop out of their arms like blades from Wolverine's hands! I'm not sure if this is supposed to be intended in lore, or if it's something you're supposed to ignore that makes the model work better :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I think it's supposed to be ignored. I feel like WoW (be it graphism or motor, I don't know) don't handle wings very well, especially folded wings. (I mean, gryphon's or wyvern's wings are nooot really good either)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

The Wyvern's wings, and animation as a whole, has always bothered me. The way things like feet squish and unsquish when they fly or how their arms clip/fold into themselves. :| :mrgreen: