Hunter Tier 20 Armor omg :(

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Hunter Tier 20 Armor omg :(

Unread post by Talihawk »

MMO Champion has this listed as our new armor. OMG. So transmogging this away. I'm sure some will think it's neat but if I get any of it, it's going to be swiftly transmogged to something else.

I do like the 'green and leathery' look to it, but the general concept does not say hunter to me.

Here's a link to the other sets. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/627 ... Set-Models

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Re: Hunter Tier 20 Armor omg :(

Unread post by Arthur »

I like it. I would be happy to wear everything but the helmet (it creeps me out, always has)

Looks better than the original to me too.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I like it, just not the helmet. I might actually keep the majority of the piece depending on how it looks on my BE, but use my eye patch. And how can it not scream hunter when it's brown, has a leathery look and has skulls on it? Not to mention it is a redesign of an iconic tier. :P

That green color is kind of fugly though, speaking as someone that's favorite colors are green and brown. I like the color of the one Peridot posted most.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Its just tier 6 with more pixels. What gets me is we have a tier call Demon Stalker and that wasn't used, I get they ONLY redid tier 6 for everyone, but why not just redo relevant tiers from BC and not JUST tier 6? :| :mrgreen:

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I love the Gronnstalker set, and I love the upgraded version, but I SERIOUSLY hope they don't screw up and put the correct color (red) in mythic only. I never get to do Mythic raids on any character until the expansion isn't relevant anymore, and I'd HATE to go an entire expansion without a good set.

That said, I hope they make it look good on female Draenei. Big shoulders, a helmet that doesn't just pull the hair up and make me look bald, and HIDE MY TINY HORNS INSIDE THE GRONN HORNS. Seriously, a little edit to the model to hide Draenei horns would work wonders. Same with a tail cover. I love my sexy alien butt, but come on; I chose the white skin, and it clashes with literally everything.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

WerebearGuy wrote:I love the Gronnstalker set, and I love the upgraded version, but I SERIOUSLY hope they don't screw up and put the correct color (red) in mythic only. I never get to do Mythic raids on any character until the expansion isn't relevant anymore, and I'd HATE to go an entire expansion without a good set.
Not sure which difficulty the red will come from, but I know it won't be mythic. The mythic ones are quite distinct;

If I had to bet heroic might be red, brown or yellow normal and green lfr.
Last edited by Lupen202 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Rawr wrote:Its just tier 6 with more pixels. What gets me is we have a tier call Demon Stalker and that wasn't used, I get they ONLY redid tier 6 for everyone, but why not just redo relevant tiers from BC and not JUST tier 6? :| :mrgreen:
A Demonstalker update was a shoe-in. What do Gronn even have to do with Tomb of Sargeras or Legion? I get that they did it as a part of an effort to give us updated T6, but it just would've been better suited for WoD.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

As soon as I saw the T20, I was not only disappointed but a bit annoyed. Disappointed because I thought the T20 would be "inspired by T6", not basically an upgraded replica with new details. So that was kind of boring to see, but not end of the world. I mean T6 was awesome for Priest, Warlock, and Paladin, so my alts will be super happy about that. I guess it just was kind of... a let down to see it so similar to T6 after having T19 (but then again I'm a huge fan of T19 lol, so the bar was set high).

But the annoyance for me is "ugh Gronnstalker" for my main. I hated the original Gronnstalker gear, T6 remains to this day my least favorite Hunter set over all PvE and PvP sets. I just hate those big eyes swirling around and the colors are also everything that looks terrible on my NE lol

BUT! It's not really a huge deal to me either. At least now we have the awesome Transmog system which will let me replace T20 probably with T19 look instead and I won't have to deal with Gronn eyes looking at me.

Though, as a side-thought to me: kind of odd to have "Gronnstalker" look in Legion. Like I get it's cause we're fighting Legion again and everything but... at least T6 look made sense what with Gronns being an actual thing in Outland like Gruul. There's no Gronn in Broken Isles (that I can think of anyway). They should've made it Ettinstalker and put their heads on the shoulders instead. Hate those guys XD

Edit:
Qraljar has the same thought I did lol! Just missed the post while I was typing mine! XD Glad I'm not alone in the "uhh what Gronn?" in Broken Isles.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Like most of you, I've never been a fan of this set aesthetically (honestly there are very few hunter PvE tiers that appeal to me, it's usually the PvP ones that I fall in love with, if any). It really is a shame because almost every other class looks amazing. T_T But, oh well, I have other sets I can use. And actually the upcoming 7.2 dungeon mail set looks really nice, in my opinion.

(Linking the purple one because of course I am, but there's other colour variants as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/628 ... thold-Lore)

Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

I thought the shoulders and helm were weird back in TBC, and they're even weirder now because they're gronn. The dungeon set is better though. If I can get matching colors, I'll probably mix the two when I want to look 'current'.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I mean, at least we got one good looking set the past few expansions (t19)? Obviously transmog is subjective (and I can't use t19 often on my hunter anyway because all the weapons that match well are MM-only right now; base Titanstrike is as close as BM can get) but boy howdy I wish that wasn't my only new option so far this expansion.

Between artifact skins hogging all the weapon appearances and t20 being a redo of a tier I was never a fan of (for mail), this has been a very disappointing transmog expansion so far :\

On the flip side, even if I didn't like hunter t6 at least we're not, you know... monks or death knights or demon hunters. At least the DH set fits their class aesthetic, but even excluding them the "new" classes feel incredibly uninspired :\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've never been a fan of the Gronnstalker set. Heck, I was kind of happy when I finally managed to replace those eyeball shoulders with quest reward ones in Dragonblight back in WotLK. I know some folks're glad it's coming back in more colors and higher res, but I'll be transmogging over any t20 I end up getting. It's just not my cup of tea.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xella wrote: On the flip side, even if I didn't like hunter t6 at least we're not, you know... monks or death knights or demon hunters. At least the DH set fits their class aesthetic, but even excluding them the "new" classes feel incredibly uninspired :\
Haha I was just saying that to a friend. The Monk one just make me kind of flinch seeing it. The armor would probably be ok on its own, but the color combinations they chose just made me go "wuh?" and yeah... glad I do not have a Monk main. I'll take Eyeball Lord Set t20 over that lol

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Like most of you, I've never been a fan of this set aesthetically (honestly there are very few hunter PvE tiers that appeal to me, it's usually the PvP ones that I fall in love with, if any). It really is a shame because almost every other class looks amazing. T_T But, oh well, I have other sets I can use. And actually the upcoming 7.2 dungeon mail set looks really nice, in my opinion.

(Linking the purple one because of course I am, but there's other colour variants as well: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/628 ... thold-Lore)

That is gorgeous!! I love purple armour.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Well, I'm glad for the priests, at least. Their T6 was nice. I never loved the hunter one.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I think they need to understand the difference between "inspired by" and 'remake of" :lol:

This is one of my personally most disliked sets in the game, let alone hunter sets. Although it didn't make sense to me with Black Temple, it was at least very BC relevant. I understand why this tier is doing throwbacks to BT sets, the demons and Illidan and all that, but the Gronnstalker is doubly out of place now. Oh well, praise transmog!
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Inay wrote:Well, I'm glad for the priests, at least. Their T6 was nice. I never loved the hunter one.
I love the screaming faces, I wish there was a violet/black effect for shadow and warlocks though.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I love the upgraded t6 for Hunters. I love it as a whole and also as individual pieces. I can't wait to use some of the pieces for my Orc; She's a Laughing Skulls, so more skull is better <3
Zebab

Unread post by Zebab »

I like it, exept from the helmet. Just wish the giantstalker or demonstalker sets were being remade instead. Giantstalker in HD would be nice af.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I also recently found out that hunter T20 has more 3D pieces to the chestpiece than just the jawbone on the stomach: it has some arm-plating. It's normally almost entirely covered by the shoulders, so I'm not sure why they added it, but I sure do appreciate it, and it will look good if you have a shoulderless transmog.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!