Broken Isles Pathfinder

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Broken Isles Pathfinder

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Aleu wrote:I'm close to finishing the first part of it... But there's one faction that's a pain in the ass to farm for. The Wardens. I got to Revered with everyone else fairly fast, but holy shit I only just hit HONORED with the Wardens. Urg...
That's what I'm doing now. I'm almost Revered with Nighthold, and I likely find some side quests I never did with the other factions, to get some rep. I read somewhere that you got rep for the Wardens, by doing Vault of the Wardens. I ran it today and I got no rep from any boss kills like the claim. I'm also finding having to do quest just for a resp really annoying, specially when you have alts... Then there is what they did to shadow priest.. I loved my Shadow Priest, but now I'm not sure if I will play him this expansion. They changed them too much, and I don't even have a healing spell, yet druids and shamans can heal while in dps spec. Even my lock has a form of healing.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I definitely recommend grabbing the Warden rep token from the Kirin Tor emissary caches when they're up, it helps a bunch. The Wardens go slower but even they add up eventually, especially if you do all their WQs when you see them.
AdamSavage

Vephriel wrote:I definitely recommend grabbing the Warden rep token from the Kirin Tor emissary caches when they're up, it helps a bunch. The Wardens go slower but even they add up eventually, especially if you do all their WQs when you see them.
I had one come up, but I picked nighthold as I figured it would be the longest to get rep for. I realize now, I was wrong.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel

AdamSavage wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I definitely recommend grabbing the Warden rep token from the Kirin Tor emissary caches when they're up, it helps a bunch. The Wardens go slower but even they add up eventually, especially if you do all their WQs when you see them.
I had one come up, but I picked nighthold as I figured it would be the longest to get rep for. I realize now, I was wrong.
It's tempting to pick the Nightfallen one, but those ones actually only give half as much rep as any of the other tokens, and as long as you're keeping up with your dailies and the overarching quest chain (and the army training WQ), the Nightfallen rep really doesn't take too long.

I'm not saying it's wrong to pick the Nightfallen token of course, it's completely understandable, I think I'd just prioritize the Wardens now that I've been through the content a couple times since they have less of a buffer with quest chains and such.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh also if you have a follower guy from your class hall you can give them a item that gives you like 15 gold when ever you do a world quest. Just a handy thing to know, But I'm sure you already know about that XD
AdamSavage

cowmuflage wrote:Oh also if you have a follower guy from your class hall you can give them a item that gives you like 15 gold when ever you do a world quest. Just a handy thing to know, But I'm sure you already know about that XD
I think I'm researching something like that in my class hall. @ Vephriel. I downloaded a World Quest Plugin that gives me all the world quest in a list, that I can go through. Yesterday I used that to target the wardens. I'm going try the army training again, as I somehow messed up on it and ended earlier. My dudes died to early on me. I will see if I can skip that one NPC in the middle when u first come in. I think going around it, might work. I've done all the Quest Chains I can do for Nightfallen, I'm just waiting on rep for Growing Crisis and Change of Seasons Quest Lines to unlock.

I've been using this guide to help me through it: http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-su ... ing-crisis

Dr. Who Video!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Urg, Kirin Tor... While I do most of their world quests with little problem, I silently rage whenever I see Like the Wind up as my only option.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel

Aleu wrote:Urg, Kirin Tor... While I do most of their world quests with little problem, I silently rage whenever I see Like the Wind up as my only option.
Honestly I HATE those quests and I just...won't do them. There should always be alternatives that show up eventually, especially now that they've lowered the required quests to 3 instead of 4. It might take a day to refresh but with the 2 day duration of emissary caches you should be able to complete it without touching a Like the Wind.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I've never finished Like the Wind. Bah!

Barrels of fun is okay when it lets you finish unlike today when it would not stop and I could not even log out :lol: Too much fun I guess!
Vephriel

cowmuflage wrote:I've never finished Like the Wind. Bah!

Barrels of fun is okay when it lets you finish unlike today when it would not stop and I could not even log out :lol: Too much fun I guess!
Barrels O' Fun is also made really simple with this macro:
/run SetRaidTarget("mouseover", 8)
Using that, hover over the barrel that glows before the sequence starts and it'll put a skull marker on it, then just rinse and repeat every time you start it up.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Thanks! That will make life easier.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Vephriel wrote:

Using that, hover over the barrel that glows before the sequence starts and it'll put a skull marker on it, then just rinse and repeat every time you start it up.

Your macro has totally saved my sanity!
I actually enjoy this silly game now.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Vephriel wrote:

Holy crap this makes it so much easily now.g ioqwhgipqhngipehgpegh

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

The flying daily with the orbs - I just rage quit and my husband did it for me hahaha!

Also I feel so far behind I never finished my hunter hall campaign and I think my 831 weapon with only two relics active is gimping my dps since my guildies helped me get a bunch of mythic+ gear - all my other pieces are 850+ and I can only manage 300k dps at best (usually around 170ish). I keep getting stupid missions I have to wait 4hrs for >.<

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

AdamSavage wrote:Then there is what they did to shadow priest.. I loved my Shadow Priest, but now I'm not sure if I will play him this expansion. They changed them too much, and I don't even have a healing spell, yet druids and shamans can heal while in dps spec. Even my lock has a form of healing.
You should actually have a healing ability as a shadow priest—Shadow Mend. It's the other curlicue icon that isn't Dispersion, and it has the added benefit of not taking you out of shadowform the way pre-7.0 heals did. It's a little weird because if you use it in combat you'll take a little of the damage you healed back again, but I think in a way it's stronger than Healing Surge and Regrowth cos once combat drops, so does the dot. My shaman heals for 130k on her HS tooltip, while my priest (who is 50ish ilvl lower than my shaman, because world questing as a shadow priest is just not a whole lot of fun, lol) heals for 120k.

Meanwhile, it didn't even occur to me that you could mouseover the barrels. I've gotten substantially worse at them lately for whatever reason, that's gonna help a lot if it sticks (aka, if I remember to actually use the macro lol) ;o
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
AdamSavage

I have most of Pathfinder done now. I just need Good Suramaritan. From that, I only need Change of Seasons. I can't start that till 20,000 / 21,000 reputation with The Nightfallen. I'm currently @ 15630/21000. So I'm not that far off. I figure a few more days and I should have it.
Xella wrote:You should actually have a healing ability as a shadow priest—Shadow Mend. It's the other curlicue icon that isn't Dispersion, and it has the added benefit of not taking you out of shadowform the way pre-7.0 heals did. It's a little weird because if you use it in combat you'll take a little of the damage you healed back again, but I think in a way it's stronger than Healing Surge and Regrowth cos once combat drops, so does the dot. My shaman heals for 130k on her HS tooltip, while my priest (who is 50ish ilvl lower than my shaman, because world questing as a shadow priest is just not a whole lot of fun, lol) heals for 120k.
I had no idea how effective it was out of combat. I just tried it out quickly and it's basically a healing option. Good to know this, will encourage me to play on my Shadow Priest. levling on my demon hunter and BM hunter currently.

Dr. Who Video!

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

You can also chose the level 30 talent that changes the Shadow Mend DoT into a HoT when you cast it on yourself. I personally don't really care much for the other two.
Masochism
Requires Priest (Discipline, Shadow)
Requires level 30
When you cast Shadow Mend on yourself, its damage over time effect heals you instead, and reduces all damage you take by 10%.
ImageImage
AdamSavage

I finally finished it. Was quite the grind, but now I'm done with it. Just gotta wait for part 2.

Dr. Who Video!