Turn any Hunter pet Flamed - CONFIRMED, KNOW HOW!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Merkonu

Re: Turn any Hunter pet Flamed - CONFIRMED, KNOW HOW!

Unread post by Merkonu »

Hello All,

Made a fire mage on a second account, did som minor leveling and went to kill the heck out of some pets of my hunter. The smoke they make is somewhat much, but well....
Attachments
Spirit Moose
Spirit Moose
WoWScrnShot_021017_112444.jpg (127.66 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
CoreHound
CoreHound
WoWScrnShot_021017_112254.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
Spirit Fox
Spirit Fox
WoWScrnShot_021017_112119.jpg (100.64 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands EU

Unread post by Gayia »

Hi, where exactly did you go to do it?
Also, the mage was opposite faction to the hunter?
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Gayia wrote:Hi, where exactly did you go to do it?
Also, the mage was opposite faction to the hunter?
Hey Gayia,

I'm using world arena's, mostly the one in Nagrand. I did level a alliance mage, its sad i know. But to help my fine horde hunter I could manage to look at that mage for a few ours :mrgreen:

I'll post some more pics when the next group is turned black and smokey ;)
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Gayia »

It was the Nagrand arena in WoD correct?
Was the mage 100? Did he have an artifact equipped?
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Gayia wrote:It was the Nagrand arena in WoD correct?
Was the mage 100? Did he have an artifact equipped?
No, its the one in Nagrand-Outland I use. That nasty mage is level 103 and has the fire-mage artifact equipped. The traits i did random, but was working to get the trait Phoenix Reborn, some say it could help, but don't have it yet. It seem random if a pet will get the "buff" the first 3 pets I got pretty fast this morning, and now it seems to take forever. So when I'm bored, or when my wife allows me to :shock: , I'll try to get some more.
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Gayia »

Thanks, I'll ask my husband to make an Alliance mage and we'll try to do exactly how you did that :D
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Decided to give this another go, and didn't have any luck.

Googling about this effect, it seems some mages see it and some don't. The one helping me can never recall seeing burning corpses for a long time.

My guess is there is some unknown variable that determines if the effect happens or not (artifact trait, talent, who knows what). It's probably bugged, but it's so minor no one notices or cares. One thing we did try is reverting to the default Felo'melorn appearance.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Merkonu wrote:Hello All,

Made a fire mage on a second account, did som minor leveling and went to kill the heck out of some pets of my hunter. The smoke they make is somewhat much, but well....
Another interesting fact, the all over blacking/char also effects the corehounds original fire colour. They normally have quite a red/orange fire that should match the new fire effect. How ever the all over changes it to a much more yellow fire effect, much like Gomegaz coloration.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Image? :mrgreen:

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Rawr wrote:Image? :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, whoops soz. :D

Up close

Also these two shots below show the plume of black smoke, but also another interesting quirk i noticed about any pet with this on it.
They will originally start out charred/blackened, but then after about 2 or so minutes, the blackened part falls off, reverting them to their original shade, however still a desaturated version of themselves prior.

My guess is that it's likely just a timer on the effect that does that part and expires after a certain time. That said, if you dismiss you pet, once you call your pet back, it will appear with it's blacken state for another 2 minutes or so.
Attachments
Bacon3.jpg
Bacon3.jpg (201.13 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
Bacon.jpg
Bacon.jpg (178.08 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
Bacon2.jpg
Bacon2.jpg (185.89 KiB) Viewed 3395 times

­
­
­
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Some moving pictures, flames are impossible to be shown nicely in picture.
TrutVos
TrutHound
TrutMoose
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Wow those are some toasty, roasty pets. Thanks for the gifs, it's much easier to get a good look at it that way versus a still shot!
nicolalol

Unread post by nicolalol »

This thing has not been fixed yet. I had a single mage in friend list and asked him to glitch the pets for me, we went in Nagrand arena, i got naked, and got 3 of them done. Then we stopped because the 4th took too much time. Thanks a lot for posting the core hound because i fell in love with it and ended up choosing him over a lot of other pets.

The devilsaurs are also pretty cool. I recorded a video with the smartphone so I could show a friend of mine the results of the glitch.

Also, I noticed that the effect covers the bestial wrath one, meaning that your pet will no longer turn red, but just huge. That thing has both potisive and negative things. Being huge and saving the cool skin makes it more visible to other players, so you will get more people asking you what is going on with it. I'd say, anyways, that a good 65-70% of people will not care because they think it's a glyph.

http://imgur.com/a/gDbLb - core hound
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwsWqwqkLvM - devilsaur
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm glad we've found a (relatively) stable way to get this done for the people who want it. I know you're all courteous people anyway but as a reminder, please don't be deliberately obnoxious with pets you've gotten charred—if I recall correctly from my few encounters with charred pets, they make a lot of noise and the large plume of smoke itself can be very obstructing and hard to see through.

We won't be able to control every hunter (just like metamorphosis-hati) but the more people who aren't using their pets to be deliberately obnoxious to other people, the more likely we are to have the bug fix be lower down the priority queue :P
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
nicolalol

Don't you get it? That's what it's wanted. The glitch to get fixed. There would be no point on having those pets if anyone can tame them. Also, the people who deserve unique pets are the ones who want them so bad that they look on the internet, spending hours and hours till they finally find a way through. We can say that, basically, everyone who deserved them, already has them.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

nicolalol wrote:Don't you get it? That's what it's wanted. The glitch to get fixed. There would be no point on having those pets if anyone can tame them. Also, the people who deserve unique pets are the ones who want them so bad that they look on the internet, spending hours and hours till they finally find a way through. We can say that, basically, everyone who deserved them, already has them.
Eh... If it gets fixed it gets fixed. But if you go out and start being annoying with it, that causes Blizz to go out and CLEAR the appearance. I'm sure you dont want that :>

Siggy under construction!

nicolalol

They won't fix the apparence on already tamed pets, they never did till now! XD
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

nicolalol wrote:They won't fix the apparence on already tamed pets, they never did till now! XD
Uh, they've taken away appearances on tamed pets. The worgen is the most well known. I had the fire carpet, that was taken away.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Ok, anyone who tames something that is unintended, should know that it could be take away at any time that blizzard chooses. There is no president for what they are and aren't allowed to do, they can do whatever they like, it's their game.

It's a bit of fun to find and get some of these visually different pets, and unless they offer an in game advantage (or disadvantage another player), personally I really don't see too much harm. This however can also be subjective too, something's just don't represent what blizzard wants tamable (like baby direhorns)

All up, no one reserves the right to have/keep/remove any of these kind of tames apart from blizzard. And if they remove this, it's just the way it is, it's best not to take it to hard... they are after all pretty much a glitch/unintended

­
­
­
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Xella wrote:I'm glad we've found a (relatively) stable way to get this done for the people who want it. I know you're all courteous people anyway but as a reminder, please don't be deliberately obnoxious with pets you've gotten charred—if I recall correctly from my few encounters with charred pets, they make a lot of noise and the large plume of smoke itself can be very obstructing and hard to see through.

We won't be able to control every hunter (just like metamorphosis-hati) but the more people who aren't using their pets to be deliberately obnoxious to other people, the more likely we are to have the bug fix be lower down the priority queue :P
I finally gave it a go, charred 3 pets and 1 has dropped the buff already (which was fine, I didn't really like the end result and was going to wipe it).

The sound is a slightly softer sizzle than the fire pig one, but the smoke plume is pretty huge. I had complaints about the fire pig in raids back when I was willing to take it into raids and this one is about as visually distracting due to the height and density of smoke. So it could become an issue I suppose, though I think worry over pets losing the buff is causing people to NOT want to take them into group situations.