7.2 Spell Changes

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

7.2 Spell Changes

Unread post by Rawr »

I was noticing a few spell changes and didn't see a post about it.

Big Red Pet (a.k.a Beastial Wrath) is back, though Hati is still orange and doesn't seem to change size much, if at all.

Kill Command has turned white and seems bigger.

Crows has new sounds.

Cobra Shot is very "snakey" and hard to get a good shot of.

I'll add more as I go. :mrgreen:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: 7.2 Spell Changes

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The BW change actually makes me really sad. :( I love, love the new BW look. I know a lot of people liked the old one. I'd love if we could choose which effect to have as I'll be sad to revert to the old version.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I dont really like the new animation for kill command. Not the white bite animation on your target, but the shout your character does. Even though raising your fist in the air wasn't that great either.. at least it didn't affect your legs so you glide around every time you use it. BM is such a mobile spec.. so it's really noticeable..

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

New BM animations are one of the reasons I'm sticking with MM right now, preparing mentally for future. It just so happened that my two "mains" are a (ranged) Hunter and an Affliction Warlock, both known as the bottom of visual appeal in terms of abilities. Hand waving and screaming is our everything :roll:

I'm not too crazy over some of the new MM animations either, but at least don't find them as horrible as BM's.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Honestly I just wish they'd remove the overlay for BW completely. Just make them grow in size and get glowing red eyes or something. The orange and especially red have always been too much for me. Especially since you're using BW so frequently..

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Lupen202 wrote:Honestly I just wish they'd remove the overlay for BW completely. Just make them grow in size and get glowing red eyes or something. The orange and especially red have always been too much for me. Especially since you're using BW so frequently..
This would be a cool mod/built in options idea; have the ability to toggle the BW visual effect on/off (off being the toned down version you're talking about where just the eyes get red/orange), and possibly being able to pick, if it's on, whether you want the old red version or the new orange version. Though I suppose that's asking for too much. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Hyperbeast
Realm: Misha

Unread post by Hyperbeast »

They could add new glyphs. A Red Bestial Wrath one to make Hati red and an Orange Bestial Wrath one to make your pet orange again. Kill Command I can take it or leave it since I don't notice it anyways.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Lupen202 wrote:Honestly I just wish they'd remove the overlay for BW completely. Just make them grow in size and get glowing red eyes or something. The orange and especially red have always been too much for me. Especially since you're using BW so frequently..
I agree SO much. And not only about BM / Bestial Wrath.

New combat animations have really stepped it up (or going to, for some), but so did the amount of visual effects in the game altogether.

Certain legendaries (like Prydaz), many trinkets (Bloodthirsty instinct comes to mind, with red glow around character), some artifacts themselves (Balance of Power version of Thas'dorah + Windrunning). Mobs yelling and jumping and having eye-bleeding auras and AoE. Throw in being a class with heavy visuals (Fire Mage or, say, Enhancement Shaman) and it just makes you wanna go "Let me turn it ALL OFF! D:"
This is my main reason for staying away from melee this expack - my eyes just can't handle it :cry:

EDIT: Obviously, it's only worse in group content. Characters yelling, waving hands, sparkling, glowing and farting rainbows from all sides.
Oh, and PvP, sweet God...
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I am happy that the red is back, I really really dislike the orange!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Makoes wrote:I am happy that the red is back, I really really dislike the orange!!
Me too, I miss my big red pet, like in the song! :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0l4T9kRlBE :mrgreen: