Turn any Hunter pet Flamed - CONFIRMED, KNOW HOW!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
nicolalol

Re: Turn any Hunter pet Flamed - CONFIRMED, KNOW HOW!

Unread post by nicolalol »

Today i lost the appearence on the Core Hound. I decided to bring him quest with me around broken isles, and at a certain moment the buff wiped, exactly in between a fly from suramar to highmountain. It's not just the timewalking, arenas and the love party event that will trigger the clear of the buff. There are probably many other things that will, and we don't know.

What i suggest is to make 2 copies of the pets we wanna keep like that, and let 1 of the 2 permanently stay in stable. So we can call it when we want.

In the meanwhile, check this out

http://www.wowhead.com/item=143631/prim ... :id=609474 :P
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

nicolalol wrote:Today i lost the appearence on the Core Hound. I decided to bring him quest with me around broken isles, and at a certain moment the buff wiped, exactly in between a fly from suramar to highmountain. It's not just the timewalking, arenas and the love party event that will trigger the clear of the buff. There are probably many other things that will, and we don't know.

What i suggest is to make 2 copies of the pets we wanna keep like that, and let 1 of the 2 permanently stay in stable. So we can call it when we want.
I'm doing something similar, though with 2 different pets. The one pet I really like the buff on was immediately stabled and I'll probably only take it out on rare occasions (and hope that it stays). The other one I've dubbed "the test subject" and I've dragged it to the valentine boss, world PvP WQs, regular WQs, in and out of different zones... so far it's sticking but I'm trying to find what else will cause a wipe. Was going to take it to timewalk but we already know that wipes appearance buffs so really no point in testing that. If it doesn't get wiped on its own after a while I might just take it timewalking to return it to normal.
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Windrunner/Kil'Jaeden

Unread post by Zelhashan »

If anyone could help me do this w/ a mage of their own, my battletag is Tyrandus#1866
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

I made two more, just for the fun of it :-D

TrutWolf

TrutVlekje
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Zelhashan wrote:If anyone could help me do this w/ a mage of their own, my battletag is Tyrandus#1866
Dear Zelhashan,

I did my pet with a second account, and by myself. All you need is a level 100 fire mage with its artifact. And a sh*tload off time, some gallons off koffie, a kind wife that will feed you from time to time, and most off all you must be a ind person yourself. :mrgreen:
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I guess my questions are, does it have to be in an arena or can it be in a duel?

How do I make 2 accounts and try this? Do i have to level a mage from 1-100?

How long does it generally take for the thing to occur and why does it have to be a mage with the fire artifact wep?

Thanks guys :)
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Zelhashan wrote:I guess my questions are, does it have to be in an arena or can it be in a duel?

How long does it generally take for the thing to occur and why does it have to be a mage with the fire artifact wep?

To my understanding, it must be in a PvP setting, so having a friend that will go into an arena with you is your best bet (as opposed to battlegrounds where enemies are random).

To make a second account, I think you'd have to set up another WoW account just like you did with your first one. You'd have to probably use a credit card or game time, but I'm not 100% sure as I've never done so myself.

It must be a mage with the fire artifact weapon because of that artifact's hidden "trait" or whatever you want to call it, whereupon killing an enemy they have a small chance to set the enemy on fire. I'm not sure of the specifics, whether it has to be a certain spell that does the last hit or what.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Zelhashan wrote:I guess my questions are, does it have to be in an arena or can it be in a duel?

I did it in a world arena, Circle of Blood in Blade's Edge Mtns in Outland. Just flew in with my mage and watched my pet die over and over.

If you have a second account (or are considering buying one), you could try the class trial option (which is a lvl 100 toon) and see if that would allow you to pick up an artifact. I don't know as I haven't tried, but maybe try that out first on your main account to see if that could work before buying a second account, as it saves you from the leveling process. If not you'd need to boost a mage or level a mage to 100 on that second account. That would really be an insane amount of dedication and cash/gold for something that 1) can easily be done with a friend and 2) could possibly be hotfixed before you ever got the toon leveled, if you went that route.

It can take as quick as a minute or you can be stuck for 30 minutes trying to get it to happen. It has to be a fire mage with artifact because the effect is a random proc off their Ignite spell. The pet must die from Ignite and the proc chars the body. When you rez the pet, the char stays on.
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'm unfortunately in no position to make a second account so if anyone would like to assist me I'd love the help!

My battletag is Tyrandus#1866 or Zekuta on Kil'jaeden (horde)

Let me know :) Trade chat and guildies have been unwilling
Zelhashan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'd also love to keep this thread going with research on how to avoid losing this appearance as I'm absolutely in love with it! Outside of timewalking/arena, how does the world affect these buffs?
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Zelhashan wrote:I'd also love to keep this thread going with research on how to avoid losing this appearance as I'm absolutely in love with it! Outside of timewalking/arena, how does the world affect these buffs?
If needed i "reset" my pet by doing the Throne of the Four Winds. While jumping from platvorm to platvorm the pet gets "normal" again.

By the white corehound (TrutHound) the effects are minimal, small flames and way less smoke:

TrutSpin:
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm loving the look of all these pets, thanks for the gifs Merkonu, they really show it off well. :)

Part of me's a little tempted, I have to admit, but I know I'd get really attached if I did get one and the unstable nature of this effect feels bound for heartbreak eventually, so I think I'll just sit back and appreciate the other tames people are getting.
Merkonu

Unread post by Merkonu »

Vephriel wrote:I'm loving the look of all these pets, thanks for the gifs Merkonu, they really show it off well. :)
Thank you Vephriel, its not hard to make and indeed shows the graphics way better. Could even applied to the Petopia website :mrgreen:
Vephriel wrote:Part of me's a little tempted, I have to admit, but I know I'd get really attached if I did get one and the unstable nature of this effect feels bound for heartbreak eventually, so I think I'll just sit back and appreciate the other tames people are getting.
Its not unstable. Like the oil stained wolf etc., you need to be careful where you take your pet. When you really fond of one off your pets, make sure you have a duplicate look in the stables. So for the time being i would say, walk proudly with the pet you seems to fit you. Enjoy the looks/skins/bufs for them that makes them special for you. I still use a pet called Migraine to RP.

Migraine
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Merkonu wrote:Its not unstable. Like the oil stained wolf etc., you need to be careful where you take your pet. When you really fond of one off your pets, make sure you have a duplicate look in the stables.
Actually it does appear to be unstable. People have lost it randomly for seemingly no apparent reason.
nicolalol wrote:Today i lost the appearence on the Core Hound. I decided to bring him quest with me around broken isles, and at a certain moment the buff wiped, exactly in between a fly from suramar to highmountain. It's not just the timewalking, arenas and the love party event that will trigger the clear of the buff. There are probably many other things that will, and we don't know.
Which would make it unstable if it can just randomly drop off on a FP from zone to zone.
Which is why I haven't spent the time on my mage to do this as cool as it looks. :)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said it seemed unstable. :) Just the amount of varied reports of the buff dropping off without warning, even when not in combat or doing anything. I know it's entirely possible it could stay intact if I kept the pet in my stables, but it still doesn't feel as permanent as some of the past effects (I still have my sha crocolisk and I adore him, though I never use him out of fear of losing it somehow)
nicolalol

Unread post by nicolalol »

In the meanwhile, check this out

http://www.wowhead.com/item=143631/prim ... :id=609474 :P
This is me. :3

Before the core hound lost the appearence randomly :/ But i deserved it cuz i went world questing with him, and i shoudn't have.

Btw I am hearing lots of people say " since it's unstable i won't lose time on them ". No guys, no. It's not like it takes you 10 years to make the effect pop on a guy. If you have a mage to help you, you just need to find a way ( a certain combination of spells plus x amount of pet hp ) that lets the pet die EVERY TIME by the D.O.T effect, it's done in 5 minutes max. 5 minutes of constantly dying with the tic effect WILL 99% let you take the effect. That's why I suggest people to find the combination I mentioned, instead of trying randomly. Cuz finding the combination may actually take awhile, but after you find it, you can transmorm all the pets you want in few minutes.
ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

has this been hotfixed yet? :/
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I suspect this has been hotfixed. Tried this today with my mage friend. Many pet deaths with the ignite ash and flame animation on the corpse, but no cool pet once res'd.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

ilixirshy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: stormrage

Unread post by ilixirshy »

ok ty for reply :)

signature by spiritbinder
Valhim
Realm: Dun Modr

Unread post by Valhim »

Can you still do this? I was trying with a trial mage and my lvl 1 twink, but nothing ://