Porcupines sound like harpies now????

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Porcupines sound like harpies now????

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Warning. VERY angry words ahead.

WTF Blizzard? Why did you have to go an ruin my perfect little adorable porcupine pet by making him scream like a f-ing harpy???
I don't know when this changed happened exactly but I am mad as hell about it. It's true little Porter (aka Bristlespine) has been in the stables a while only coming out for a bit of feeding and to run around, pick a fight or five then back in. He was PERFECT. Until Legion. Now he screams like a damned harpy.

Am I missing something???

These are the cute sounds he made before 7.1
Porcupine Pet Clickables
In total they made 27 different sounds which fit a porcupine.

The spirit beast porcupines share the same horrible harpy sound fate.

I just cannot believe this. Other than Skoll, Porter is one of Giordana's most beloved pets. I can't release him. It would break my heart to be honest and it doesn't feel right being stuff in the stable constantly.
Why do you gotta ruin shit Blizzard? I mean really. I was all ecstatic about the feathermanes and the SB gryphon but this honestly is pretty shattering to me.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Porcupines sound like harpies now????

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Are you sure you're not hearing things? I just tried out all three spirit beast porcupines, and they sound all squeaky like a rodent should sound. I went and tamed every other Porcupine to check it out, and none of them sound like harpies. Tested the following:

1. Bristlespine (Pain in the butt to find, path is too big!)
2. Razorquill Porcupine
3. Lowlands Porcupine (all colors)
4. Docile Porcupine
5. Smoky Porcupine
6. Spirit Beasts (all three)

I would like one to sound like a Harpy; that'd be pretty hilarious considering their size.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I mean, are we sure this isn't a glitch? That doesn't sound intentional to me at least, maybe something just got scrambled and they aren't aware of it yet! I'm sure it could be fixed if it was brought to their attention.

EDIT: I also went out just now to tame one for testing and I'm hearing the regular porcupine noises as well. For me they're still using the same cute sounds that you linked in the first post.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

My porcupine sounds the same it always had as well. O.o but this is a weird glitch that I've ever heard of.

zedxrgal

Well then. :oops: It would appear my old Porter is having some sort of identity crisis. After a lot of personal testing, turning off all sounds but "vocals", taming several other porcupines including all three SB's and hunting down Bristlespine, and only mine screeches like a harpy. I even did my testing on targeting dummies in SW where no one was at (by the riding trainer).
I even tamed Bristlespine on my gnome hunter just in case and still cute porcupine noises.
I submitted a ticket.

Sorry for getting every one riled up. :oops: :( I should have looked into it before posting.

Hopefully Porter is fixable.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It sounds like a bug but I admit I'd crack up if my porcupine started screeching "flesh and bone to earth and stone!" :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal

Sadly he only did the screeching /yawking. Had he actually spoke harpy attack threats I probably wouldn't have reported the bug. :oops:
In thinking I wonder if somehow the WQ bugged him out. I had the Hags and Hexes WQ yesterday and for some reason both he and Hati kept despawning in the area. Upon moving on to other quests it happened a few more times then it stopped once I landed in Aszuna for the WQ there. The WQ helping the Illidari be released from there cages is when I noticed it. Thinking I was just hearing things I finished out my quests there and headed to SW. That's when I heard it for sure that he was skwaking /yawking /screeching.

Again. Severe apologies for over reacting.

Oh and during the Hags and Hexes WQ Hati was. Changed. Sort of. He was swapped with Degu but when they would despawn and I would summon them Hati would be micro Degu. Like mini pet size. Then he would lag out, despawn then come back normal. Every time I tried to get a SS he would spawn. I may see if he does this again today and get a SS. It was super cute.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maybe it's your cache. Have you deleted it?

Actually I think the best sound bite would be if it screeched "I'll enjoy killing you!" as it ran into combat :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
zedxrgal

Cache folder is deleted after every logout but thanks for the reminder. ;)

All a GM had to say was they didn't see anything "wrong" with him and Hati but oddly I had two WoW updates after reading the ticket. So I'm suspecting I'm not the only one who issues with WQ's yesterday.

Harpy screeching porcupine is of no more. And neither is replicating micro porcupine Hati. :(

Thank you again

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

You didn't take video!? Lmao, disappointed now. Dangit.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

zedxrgal

Life /WoW /fraps was pitted against me the other day. I'd been going back and forth with fraps support because I couldn't record over about 7 seconds and it kept telling me I wasn't logged in it was out of date and needed to log in to update & blah blah blah. Which could be why I was so :evil: when I made my initial post. I wanted to record it but had no way of doing so. Which is also my fault since fraps hasn't been run on my new laptop since I got it about four months ago.
Still haven't heard from fraps. :|
Oh well. Was not a good WoW day so my head was very muddied. :oops:

AH BALLS!!! I could've used NVIDIA shadow play. GOSH DANGIT. Well. Note to self. :|