[PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

[PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=116961/mature-bone-crawler

I was looking at beasts added on the PTR, and I found this. A worm that uses the burrowing model AND a grey skin only seen on those worms that dig, such as Ram'pag in Highmountain and the similarly named Bone Crawler in Terokkar Forest. As far as I know, this is the only worm with this skin AND model that's tameable.

No clue where it spawns, nor how it would even move with the player.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: [PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Unread post by Wain »

It appears during a world quest on Broken Shore, but isn't there the rest of the time. I hadn't mentioned it here but reported it on the bug forum the other day as that model isn't intended to be tameable ;) The juvenile worms in the same location use the old worm model and are tameable too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Well, the best solution is to make normal worm models using the same appearance as the bone crawler (and the two other burrow worm models) then! I think that'd be a totally fair compromise!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Agreed. It's a shame they never did that. They could have essentially used the bone worm top end and the tail end of the original mobile model. Ah well :(
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Wain I do understand bug tames should be reported as bugged but maybe let it live on for a bit because I mean maybe itll be like the Gorishi Grub and Amberspit Grubs by chance? Can't let new models be slipped in because didn't they let us tame porcupines and yaks because of a glitch that people gotten on betas in mop that eventually let us tame it after seeing how much we missed it? Some things are best left unknown, I mean this isn't hurting anyone, it isn't breaking the game, or anything.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Because we're trusted with the PTR and that trust works both ways. We already know they don't want this model tameable so I reported it. On their side, they (Muffinus and co.) go out of their way to give us exciting new pets and ensure we're on the right track in compiling info for them - it's not even his job, he's not a class designer, he just does it in his spare time - so I believe we owe them honesty. With that info, if they decide to let this one slip then it's up to them.

In the meantime, go tame it (when that quest is up) and have fun with it. It's a bit clunky since it doesn't have regular movements.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

What quest is it? Cuz most likely it already got fixed since the most obvious one where theres worm remains and the kirin tor coins spawn crabs. Mud Mucking.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The quest is called "Creepy Crawlies" and it appears in roughly the middle of the Broken Shore island.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Thank you, I don't mean to be hostile when asking that. Just curious why you don't at least let none game breaking npcs slip by on live then report afterwards to give people a chance to get it sure may be clunky but won't harm anything.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, I understand :) But I feel I have a duty to report stuff on the PTR, especially when they do so much for us here :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Here's a solution to alleviate both sides of the coin; We're taming a cool new bug, and we're reporting that it's cool. Problem solved!
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Despite being as Wain said "Not Intended", which I would think by this time they would've already caught all their mislabeled pets so this may be a special tame for us, if this hits live who else would love to tame this? I mean all the follow animation is just it burrowing underground following us and popping up when we are idle or when sent into a fight it pops out of the ground.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Takanuka wrote:Despite being as Wain said "Not Intended", which I would think by this time they would've already caught all their mislabeled pets so this may be a special tame for us, if this hits live who else would love to tame this? I mean all the follow animation is just it burrowing underground following us and popping up when we are idle or when sent into a fight it pops out of the ground.
Hardly. Sometimes slips happen. Look at wotlk ooze/ghost pets. BC ghost wolf as well.

I really don't think this is intended in the slightest. I expect to see it changed in a build or two.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I would tame it if it had a full body. But, for me, only having half a body kind of creeps me out.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I know it isn't suppose to be intended to be tameable but it isn't breaking anything, it isn't like the pet fire where it is untargetable. So blizzard can we just get this :-D? Always wanted one and easy enough to make it travel underground when going into attack which is noticeable when you see the earth moving about and prowl would be the same thing so no one can cry about "That would be unfair to not be able to "see" it coming". This would be a nice pet I mean its a rare world quest at that to even pop up so would be worth leaving it tameable because it would be hard to find it as if it is leveled rare. And these would be nice entirely to be added in as tameable all together.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:I would tame it if it had a full body. But, for me, only having half a body kind of creeps me out.
So does diglett freak you out? or the sinestra freak you out then :P?
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

And does this world quest ever pop up!?
zedxrgal

Takanuka wrote:So does diglett freak you out? or the sinestra freak you out then :P?
:lol: Funny because I had to look up who Diglett was. That one may not bother me as much. :lol:

Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I really hope this makes it to live, it looks amazing :-D. Even if it isn't your taste of a pet, please don't ruin a potential amazing pet for others. I mean the world quest is like waiting for kosumoth's mount world quest to spawn instead of always the pet.
zedxrgal

I'm curious. For those who have tamed this.
I would like to see some screen shots.
How exactly does it move?
Does it have the same talents as worms like taunt /burrow attack?

If it does go underground I can see some massive QQ-ing about it I'm sorry to say. A stealthed druid or opposing fact cat can still be seen when moving without flare. This wouldn't be seen at all it sounds like. Am I incorrect?