Favorite Pet.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Favorite Pet.

Unread post by Lupis »

I resubbed today and to no surprise of my own, one of the models/skins I was least excited about has become my favorite pet since I last played a few months ago. This happens every time, I swear-

Of all the models, I wasn't really too pumped about this one when Legion was being datamined. I love the Draenor wolves so much more- and the skins on the Legion ones really don't appeal to me at all, with their oversaturation and weirdly flat colors. Of all the colors, grey is always the least interesting to me.

...So of course Gallows here is my favorite now. Why not? I revisited my stable today on Mharlae and not even my black mechawolf had the same appeal. Gallows is the pet for her- and I feel like I was left out of the decision making process entirely. :lol:

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I became quite fond of the Legion wolves, too. Palefang (my white wolf) has become one of my go-to pets this xpac.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Even though I'm BM, my favorite pet is Panzer, my Mudrock Spikeshell. He and I have been through BC and beyond. He has tanked for a guild in BC and LK, both; I even had a dedicated 'tanking gear' back in the day to do it with. My hati is permanently transformed into his shape, so I always have him with me at the moment. I'll be extremely sad to see him go if/when they remove that BM 'ability', since turtles use is limited, when compared to other pets. He's not the one I use the most, but he *is* my favorite.

My main runner-up is Suresh, my white serpent (Deviate Moccasin). I was level 19 or 20 when I got a friend of mine to boost me through Wailing Caverns, *just* so I could tame a white serpent. I had so many people back then ask me about my awesome pet. I kept him for so long, until I sadly had to make some space for a raiding pet (this was back in the days of being only allowed three pets at a time!). I got him back as soon as I could, when they gave us more stable slots, and learned that only a Deviate Moccasin would work. I tried to 'shortcut' it by getting a different white serpent (Coilscar Serpent) and it just didn't feel right.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Signature. I consider the felboar a quilbeast, for RP reasons. (I mean, what "fel" creature is friggin normal colors? WTB quilboars!)

Oldest one is the ghost wolf, BC era, blahblah. Spent 2 hours just trying to tame alone on that with a shaman friend and some random spriest from trade... that did not ask to be paid... MVP!!!

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Tsundere

Unread post by Tsundere »

Always will be Broken Tooth & Loque'nahak, I'm always open for new love but those two have a pretty strong hold on my heart.

I've never felt the sense of achievement like the day I tamed both pets. Both had fierce competition and when the stars aligned and it was finally my time to tame them I had serious taming shakes, even after the tame my heart was just thumping, it was such a rush. I won't lie, I also felt like such a rockstar running around with them, especially when I raided with broken tooth, loads of ooohs and ahhhs & excited raid leaders, was thrilling. Loque is a tiny bit more special again because when I send loque to attack I can still picture the moonfirespirit strike, I fell in love with that spell (and sound) and even though we no longer have it I still picture it every time, which is weird but I can't help it I still see it.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Zarakh <3. My Orc Hunter corpse run to Azuremyst at level 19 during TBC just for her. Still is my favourite pet. I love using her in BGs, because people actually afraid of spiders and her shrills can annoy anyone.

And also the vocal praire wolf on my Dwarf Hunter. I hope Blizz will update the model though.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

Loque'nahak by far. All four of my hunters have one, and all of them have Skoll, my runner up. Outside of those would be the mechanical spiders, of which I currently only have one since none of my other hunters are 110 yet. I also like the lightning turtle (Tortos) and Terrorpene (also on all my hunters).
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

Was randomnly going through my stables, releasing the pets I knew I'm not going to use, and stumbled on this beauty:

Brown Ghostclaw Ravager from Ghostlands. This, of course, is not the same lynx I leveled with through TBC (and who died with me a dozen of times trying to finish that quest in Ghostlands to kill two abominations), this being new account and all... But I was gripped with such a strong case of nostalgy that I immediately dragged it with me.
The model is real old and looks quite angle-y compared to more fashionable felines of the Broken Isles, but I love it :D
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

Spirit beast bear and Sambas are always on my active pets. Love them so much.

I recently got the gryphon and I'm getting attached!
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

hmm..is it odd if i dont have a favorite pet?

I used to..when i started. I actually got upset when he died the first time. T.T
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Before Blizzard neutered them the puppy was top dog but since it has been fixed I now run with the scorpion and still have Loque, Lightning, Thokinator, Gara, Thunder my spectral gryphon are my top favorites.