New family : Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
GAJones4221
Realm: Malfurion

Re: New family : Feathermanes

Unread post by GAJones4221 »

I know this probably been asked so forgive me if this already has been but I know it was mentioned that we have to have all the traits unlocked for titanstrike to be able to tame this new family, does that include the spiritbound one that only appears after you unlock "Titan's Thunder" because that one literally does not show up until you unlock Titan's Thunder. Just curious.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Spiritbound will be going away in 7.2. You'll have to fill all of the base traits that are available now, and then the new ones in 7.2; plus one in the infinite trait.
GAJones4221

Valnaaros wrote:Spiritbound will be going away in 7.2. You'll have to fill all of the base traits that are available now, and then the new ones in 7.2; plus one in the infinite trait.
Oh lord....how many new base traits are we getting?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Three - four if you count the infinite trait.
GAJones4221

I can't lie, it kind of makes me happy knowing that all the people that called BM a boring and stupid spec won't get to tame what others have had to work for.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Lupen202 wrote:I was just typing that up Wain xD Was going to say it makes me wonder if spectral gryphon, raptor or Lalathin has a similar mechanic.(
Wait, wut? Did I miss a new raptor (other than beakosaurs)?

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

GAJones4221

PrimalTazza wrote:
Lupen202 wrote:I was just typing that up Wain xD Was going to say it makes me wonder if spectral gryphon, raptor or Lalathin has a similar mechanic.(
Wait, wut? Did I miss a new raptor (other than beakosaurs)?
Last new raptor I can think of was the ones in Warlords, other then that they made a few devilsaurs tamable finally. I shall dig, hold on.

Edit : Besides Thok becoming tamable I think last expansion and the draenor raptors I think the falcosaurs are the only new admit.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They added Gon, a Spirit Beast that is a Raptor. It hasn't been found yet, and it is possible that the means to find/spawn it won't be implemented till Live.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Ohhhhhh. Thank you both! Though, the name makes me suspect something to do with trolls, perhaps jungle trolls (i.e. Stranglethorn) in particular.

IRL in Vodou/Voodoo/things descended from it, Ogoun is a warrior loa. Ogoun existed in Warcraft, but maybe only as a loa in the RPG which is non-canon. Either way, in WoW we have Ohgan and Gonk, both raptor-related, and probably/maybe something else I'm forgetting.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=121571/gon#modelviewer:10+0

I've checked all over for him though. Gorgrond seemed fitting since it's the new model, and outside Highmaul, but nada. Nothing I could see in barrens, un'goro, dustwallow, stv, hinterlands, arathi either. So like Val said he's either unobtainable or just... really hidden. Stealthed, like Netherbeak, or an item... ex. Snowblind & the nest.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Zul'Drak also has raptors. Gondria is already out there, but it may be worth a look anyway. Did you check the outdoor-y area of Zul'Gurub? I might download the PTR and have a few pokes myself.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Friend of mine checked zul'drak but I never did. Same with ZG. But I wouldn't mind rechecking. Gorgrond as well, it's so huge that even after checking every inch with spectral sight I'm not 100% convinced he's not there.

And speaking of if you have a DH I definitely recommend it. Spectral sights pretty useful looking for stealth. And I think it's safe to say at this point he isn't just standing there in the open waiting for us :P

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Gonk was the raptor Loa that persuaded the Darkspear to be druids.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Gonk
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Nevermind 'live', there's a decent chance it may not go in with 7.2. Specifically, didn't they add in the hidden fox SB sort of at random in the middle of a patch cycle? Rather than put everything in frontloaded at the beginning, it wouldn't be impossible for them to save some out so there's spikes of interest throughout.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I remember seeing it in the DB during 7.1.5's ptr. Whether it was actually spawning during the ptr is another matter.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

GAJones4221 wrote:I can't lie, it kind of makes me happy knowing that all the people that called BM a boring and stupid spec won't get to tame what others have had to work for.
I call BM a boring spec (hey, it's my opinion.) and I'll have the # of traits day 1 while having my main weapon maxxed. :^)

Just because I find BM boring does not mean I am assaulting you as a person. Thanks! :D

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

kapeco
Realm: Gallywix

Unread post by kapeco »

Has anyone found any pink and blue hyppogrypons tamable for alliance yet?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

kapeco wrote:Has anyone found any pink and blue hyppogrypons tamable for alliance yet?
No :(. Nor the blue one. Empyrean isn't tameable either. Hopefully they're out there. I killed a bunch of hipps in Azshara and Northrend but no luck in getting anything different to spawn.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Valnaaros wrote:I remember seeing it in the DB during 7.1.5's ptr. Whether it was actually spawning during the ptr is another matter.
It definitely was, I tamed it while the 7.1.5 ptr was up.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Wain wrote:
kapeco wrote:Has anyone found any pink and blue hyppogrypons tamable for alliance yet?
No :(. Nor the blue one. Empyrean isn't tameable either. Hopefully they're out there. I killed a bunch of hipps in Azshara and Northrend but no luck in getting anything different to spawn.
Dont know if this has been found. We know the Skystormer the Unruly was added in 7.1.5 but these made me think of our recent wyvern patriarch friend.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/5305-frayfeather-skystormer
http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/5306-frayfeather-patriarch

Its both blue and pink hippogryph models. According to wowhead, the old mob was hostile to Alliance, and according to WowDB, they are flagged tameable. This is very similar to Pridewing Patriarch at first glance so I take my horde hunter and go murderstorm on the frayfeathers in Feralas. Nothing popped up. However not every hippogryph ect got flagged tameable, so this has me hopeful.