[PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: [PTR] New tameable worm: Mature Bone Crawler

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If you are telling the truth, it is sad. Instead of, eventually, sharing the knowledge with all of us, you're hording it to yourself. Sort of a "I'm taking my ball and leaving" act.
Takanuka
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Takanuka »

Forced my hand. Some things are best left alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it sort of thing but alas I cannot trust others with new discoveries. Thought this place was to share new pets and the love of collecting or hunting for them not screw over amazing or simply unique pets because you guys have some self righteous sense of duty to people that make stupid decisions based off harmless outcomes versus real harmful ones. Which is one reason why we won't ever see those Saber unicorns being tameable. And if we suddenly get those then Karma has caught up to me with the middle finger but I guess I won't know.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No one forced your hand, you are making your own decisions. This place is where we can share our love of pets and collecting them, but we wouldn't have any of them without Blizz. If there is something in the game that isn't meant to be there, we owe it to them to report it. It is the least we can do. They aren't obligated to give us any of these pets, which I think you are forgetting. And, honestly, who are you to judge which outcomes are harmful or not? I didn't know that you had access to how things run behind-the-scenes.

I don't see what this has anything to do with the Saberhorns. They can easily become tamable someday.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Hey you two. Easy. People have a right to report glitches. I'm still bummed dire horn baby got nerfed because I wasn't there to tame it. There's no need to slap fight at one another. Blizzard doesn't hate hunters.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

1st of all, chill, this is getting off topic and rather directed and personal.
Takanuka wrote:And I just noticed something interesting some new glitched pets after I went to confirm the sand worm here but I'mma keep it to myself as a fun little thing. I owe blizzard nothing in regards to ptr or anything else. Some of my friends will enjoy them tho while I am gone already picked one up getting the other. Ciao petopia forums.
And you have every right to do this. Now the problem with this is that at some point someone else may find said pet, or see yours and report it. Then said pet that you have become quite attached to, could then potentially gets hotfixed or removed. You are left VERY upset, and thats understandable because you had something taken away you had grown attached to.

However... if said pet was meant to be tamable, it would never be taken away. If something is not meant to be tamable, blizzard tries to remove it asap so save people from becoming attached and upset once changed. They don't intentionally go out and make things they don't want you to tame to take them away. If they (and us) can identify unintentional tames (no matter how cool they may be) in the PTR and have them fixed before it's live, for Blizzard thats best case scenario. That's what the PTR is for, Testing, to find these mistakes. We have some good links here to developers, so we can as a community, prevent such unintentional tames from making it live, and saving greater heartache.

Now please don't bait, accuse or goad one another, it's not something that we support on the forums.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Takanuka wrote:Thought this place was to share new pets and the love of collecting or hunting for them not screw over amazing or simply unique pets because you guys have some self righteous sense of duty to people that make stupid decisions based off harmless outcomes versus real harmful ones.
It's not about self righteousness or duty :lol: , it's just that with this worm style, while its was very very cool, it can not function in a 3D space due to it not having a butt. If you were swimming for example, it would either be 1/2 a worm floating next to you, or stuck on the ground unable to assist you attacking. Neither of these look good or function properly. It unfortunately can't be a tamable beast (for the time being) because it doesn't live up to the animational and model requirements that all pets need in order to perform properly in all aspects of the game.

I sure the guys at blizzard think this is a super cool model (as do we all) and would be ever so happy to have us tame them, but untill the have time to attach a butt to them and all the animational requirements associated with, it's very unlikely.

­
­
­
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

I am with what must be reported.
I think the developers take us into account, so we should give them a little favor for what they do for us.

I explained, now that they are going to put the snowy tap, as it was in the same position as the rare rhinoceros, they could have simply eliminated the latter, but they have not done so, they have moved it to another position.

I think our work is clear.
It is reported and warns of it.
Another thing that when it arrives to the live servers, this =, then domes or it is not personal decision of each 1.

PS: I feel if my English is very bad and it is not understandable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yo estoy con que hay que informar de ello.
Creo que los desarrolladores nos tienen en cuenta, asi que deberiamos devolverles un poco de favor por lo que hacen por nosotros.

Me explico, ahora que van a poner el grifo nevado, como estaba en la misma posicion que el rinoceronte raro, podrian haber simplemente eliminado este ultimo, pero no lo han echo, lo han desplazado a otra posicion.

Yo creo que nuestra labor esta clara.
Se reporta e informa de ello.
Otra cosa que cuando llege a los servidores en vivo, este =, entonces lo domes o no es decision personal de cada 1.

PD: Siento si mi ingles es muy malo y no es comprensible.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Takanuka wrote:Thought this place was to share new pets and the love of collecting or hunting for them not screw over amazing or simply unique pets because you guys have some self righteous sense of duty to people that make stupid decisions based off harmless outcomes versus real harmful ones.
It's not about self righteousness or duty :lol: , it's just that with this worm style, while its was very very cool, it can not function in a 3D space due to it not having a butt. If you were swimming for example, it would either be 1/2 a worm floating next to you, or stuck on the ground unable to assist you attacking. Neither of these look good or function properly. It unfortunately can't be a tamable beast (for the time being) because it doesn't live up to the animational and model requirements that all pets need in order to perform properly in all aspects of the game.

I sure the guys at blizzard think this is a super cool model (as do we all) and would be ever so happy to have us tame them, but untill the have time to attach a butt to them and all the animational requirements associated with, it's very unlikely.
Agreed. I hope they do make full-body models someday. I would love to have, for instance, have the Silithid and Magmaw models as pets.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Azerothian Diglett seems to be Ground/Bug.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well this thread took a dramatic turn! But level heads have already said it better than I could have. I'll just add that I've always gone in to bat for our community and to try to get us more, even when they've already gone out of their way for us. But I've always tried to be honest with them when I felt something was in a way that they probably wouldn't want, and I think that kind of relationship has served us well. Plus we have an amazing number of new pets to look forward to in 7.2!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I would love to see (intended) tameable versions of these someday, as they do look very cool, but I agree it is probably for the best that they aren't tameable for the time being since the models are in essence incomplete. If they were tameable, I'd have to tame one and name it ButtlessWonder, and nobody wants to see that. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

If nothing else, would be pretty cool to make a butt for the thing and attempt to just stick the model onto the default worm skeleton.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

it can not function in a 3D space due to it not having a butt
Note to self: you need a butt to function
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Tilo wrote:

Oh. My. God. Its butt is SO NONEXISTENT.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Tilo wrote:
:lol:

Attachments
NoButt.jpg
NoButt.jpg (102.11 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

­
­
­
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I just wanted top point out, that this is the only game that the developer seemed to care about the quality of the variability of tame-able pets; I've yet played any other game that offers such customizability just for a class; I can have a Ravager for my Laughing Skull Orc and a cool mech bunny for my gnome. And with that I'm happy.

I understand others' frustration of not being able to tame the pets they want, but at least there are plenty more aesthetically fine pets I could tame. Furthermore, I've never read anything remotely like a penalty for hunters who had tame glitch pets, as long as they hadn't exploited them for extra damaged in pvp or in pve.

I'm always critical of blizzard devs' decision, but I don't think it's helpful being critical of them for trying to ensure none have advantage over the others using exploit or being critical of them for trying to maintain aesthetical integrity, and class fantasy.

I rather we all pitch in to suggest to blizzard for qol, like all pets have skills. For example, dire frenzy having 25 yard range is really a welcome fix in the next patch. I've always wanted that because it's currently very clunky, and I also want a BM play style with one strong pet, instead of multiple ones. Don't get me wrong, I love for beast on my orc, but I want only mechs for my gnome, and dire beast randomness even glyphed don't cut it.