New family : Feathermanes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: New family : Feathermanes

Unread post by Wain »

My only other thought on that is maybe there's some item or something you can do that makes the friendly hippogryphs aggro to you. The same as during hatching of the hippogryphs you become aggro to the matriarch when you hatch one for some reason.

Try getting out a pet hippogryph? :p
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If you mean a Hunter pet, I've tried that. No reaction :/

If a companion pet, I wouldn't think so. Mainly that the two companion Hippogryph Hatchlings require you to spend RL money or a ton of gold in order to get them.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Makes sense. I thought there was an easy to get one now, but I was wrong. I forgot it was from the store. I'd be shocked if they made that a requirement.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

With all the Feathermane hype I figured I'd plea for Skyscreamers again.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/842924887677190144
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm sure it will happen someday, as Muffinus said. Skyscreamers currently don't fit in with the Broken Isles at all (seeing are there aren't any there, let alone Trolls), and it is quite late in the ptr. Just today the current build was listed as a Release Candidate, which means it'll go Live within a couple of weeks.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The next Expansion will be named Pterrordaxia : Land of Skyscreamers (and Saberhorns)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Still crossing my fingers for more Zandalari content for skyscreamer pets & devilsaur mounts. :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I fully expect skyscreams and dread ravens to make it in our stables. I hope next xpac!

I don't want to derail this thread, but this makes me wonder though. How many types of in-game non-underwater beasts remain untameable? Not talking about skins or models that fit a current family (like grubs to worms), I'm talking stuff like Zevras, beavers, various dinosaurs (like skyscreams and diemetrodons), penguins, sea lions etc.
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

Quiv wrote:I fully expect skyscreams and dread ravens to make it in our stables. I hope next xpac!

I don't want to derail this thread, but this makes me wonder though. How many types of in-game non-underwater beasts remain untameable? Not talking about skins or models that fit a current family (like grubs to worms), I'm talking stuff like Zevras, beavers, various dinosaurs (like skyscreams and diemetrodons), penguins, sea lions etc.
I think there's a tiny handful of armadillos? Maybe just in Uldum. Hawkstriders too, but again, not many of those around, maybe one or two mobs. Elekk also remain firmly outside our grasp, along with mammoths.

Edit: Gyreworms too. Unique enough for their own family, I think.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I still want those unicorns. :(
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Still no clue if the blue/purple old style hippos will be available for Alliance, like...ever? It's really disappointing if not.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Nachtwulf wrote:Still no clue if the blue/purple old style hippos will be available for Alliance, like...ever? It's really disappointing if not.
I've been spending a lot of time in Feralas on the PTR to figure it out. Theres a couple potential candidates in the database, and I want to find them cuz my hunters are ally.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Are there still any purple candidates in the DB? I noticed a bunch of blue (and maybe purple?) old hippogryphs that were added (but never used) in 7.1 are now tagged as "reuse", so they must have decided not to go with them.

If there's no specific purple hippogryph left then I wonder if (a) one of them can actually occur in both blue and purple (Wowhead only ever displays one appearance option so you can't tell), or (b) we can tame the in-game blue and purple ones but need to find something that makes them aggro to us.

Hmmm :/

Either way, I can't say for certain but I have every faith they will have added some way for Alliance to tame these colours.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

The new entry for an old blue that I was watching is Skystormer the Unruly, added in 7.1. Is he a reuse?

Otherwise its old NPCs I'm hoping get the Pridewing Patriarch treatment in some form or fashion.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/5305-frayfeather-skystormer
http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/5306-frayfeather-patriarch

Where does the "reuse" designation occur? I assume not on Wowhead or WOWDB?

Edit: I am unable to test, but maybe if we have a piece of Frayfeather armor in our bags or equipped (perhaps the whole set), they will aggro? Its a stretch though. I can't test on PTR due to copy being unavailable.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/55586-frayfeather-greaves
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I saw the reuse thing on Wowhead. It applied to some npcs, like Harrowvex Glider, that popped up in the database in 7.1 but never seemed to appear in the game.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh I never knew that even existed. I wish there was a way to search these databases on different criteria like skins or "HippogryphAttack" etc. Would be easier to filter them.

Edit: Looks like if you go to the Sound page for the Hippogryph sounds, it lists everything that uses it. Useful!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

On the cliffs south of Ruins of Isildien in Feralas are nests. They were originally used for Hippogryph Egg quests that were removed in Cata but Wowhead says that Hippogryph Eggs could still be looted from them as recently as Pandaria. I took a look last night and saw no eggs in any of the nests but it's possible they still spawn rarely and may aggro hippogryphs. It's a thought, anyway.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've already searched those nests thoroughly and multiple times. Haven't seen anything :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

I have too. They look so promising too.

I've tried a lot. Killing the hippogryphs on horde, killing the ogres thinking they'll drop something, looking in the trees.

I even tried being downright mean to them to get them to aggro...

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I should have known you two would already be on it :)

It's disappointing, though. I had hoped that maybe an egg would spawn rarely but if you both have been watching the nests then it's highly unlikely :P If only there was a Bronze Flight representative there to set the zone back to pre-Cata :P