I'd love to help with those Sentinax portals, but...

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

I'd love to help with those Sentinax portals, but...

Unread post by Quiv »

...everything is tagged once it comes out.

So I am on a server that is mostly horde. I used to be horde, most of my friends switched to alliance because they're traitorous dogs, but then so did I with a few of my primary characters. We are on vastly varied schedules, so we usually just meet up to run mythics a few hours a week or something, not a lot of cross play.

Fast forward to the Sentinax portals. I would love to take part in this event, but due to the faction imbalance, everything is tagged for me since the primary faction swarm the portals (as they should). There is nothing for me to loot, nothing to gain from helping. I literally find a safe place to stand until someone gets a boss beacon, who is (ironically) open tag. If I do happen to get a portal, I end up fighting it alone since things are tagged to alliance and no one wants to help for the same reason. Regardless, the Sentinax event is not a solo event.

This isn't like normal everyday quest mobs that are faction tag. Thats an annoyance but usually not a big enough one for me. This is different since its a very specific area (under the ship) with a very specific purpose (farming shards/beacons). I literally cannot do the Sentinax event because of this, and it is frustrating beyond belief because I really want to.

I can't see a reason why the Sentinax event portals are not open tag so everyone can join in. The whole schtick about the broken shore is its not about horde vs alliance, but all the classes coming together vs the legion.

And faction/server changing isn't the answer. Not only does it not address the underlying problem, it makes it worse.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: I'd love to help with those Sentinax portals, but...

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yeah things on the 'shore need to be open tag. We are fighting together! like we did during the invasions!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: I'd love to help with those Sentinax portals, but...

Unread post by Xella »

It looks like the Broken Shore has had CRZ enabled on it, so you might have more luck having more of your faction around now, depending on your battlegroup. It's not open-tagging but it may make some people's lives easier.

On the other hand, it's now impossible to do anything (Sentinax, WQs, or otherwise) on my server because our CRZ is like... seven servers with a 4:1+ H:A ratio, and I'm alliance, and it's a PvP server.

(on the flip side, my guild may well have officially died forever last night, so once I get official confirmation on that I can transfer to a PvE server and then... quit playing altogether I guess, since I don't really have the energy to find a raiding guild who would be willing to put up with the fact that I can't do two of the bosses in current content. Thanks, jerkwads, I really appreciate it >:|)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.