Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Ornyx wrote:We’ve heard a lot of feedback and it’s clear to us that the cyclical Assaults schedule, and the design of the “do all 4” achievement for Pathfinder, weren’t compatible.

World Quests come and go all the time during the day too, while people are at work or asleep, and it’s not a big deal because they’re largely interchangeable. But that would change if we had an achievement required for Pathfinder that asked you to do a specific checklist of world quests. A lot of the stress and concern about “missing” individual Assaults is tied to this achievement, so we’re removing the achievement from Pathfinder via hotfix.

Once this hotfix is active, you will only need to reach Revered with the Armies of Legionfall and fully explore the Broken Shore to earn Legion flying.
Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753876528
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Legion Assaults Removed from Pathfinder

Unread post by Sukurachi »

oh great, and I already have two of them done.
looks like it's the long haul grind for rep now.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:oh great, and I already have two of them done.
looks like it's the long haul grind for rep now.
Yep. I'm going to do every world quest in the new zone, that I see. I typically see an extra 1 or 2 show up after you do your batch for the day, but these are typically later on in the day. My class hall has been giving me rep tokens for them, so that helps.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Don't forget to take advantage of the Darkmoon Faire xp buff this week, it's only 10%, but every little bit helps (it also applies to the rep tokens from missions).

As of today I'm halfway through honored. *crossing my fingers* Soon! I have a feeling I would have the assault achievement finished before I hit revered either way, but I'm sure it's a nice change for a lot of people.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I did my first assault today and after killing the last boss it bugged and did not say we have killed him :lol:

So it's good to know about this.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I as surprised at how smoothly both of the invasion assaults I participated in went.
I was also VERY surprised at how much I got away with! This is probably the first expansion where I'm this well geared on one of my toons, this early in the expansion (it usually takes me into nearly the next expansion to start getting good gear).

I enjoyed the trio scenarios at the end of each invasion (nice way to hearken back to the days of Pandaria scenarios).

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

with them taking this qualification off, does this mean we'll be able to tame feathermanes sooner?

Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

Nice change. I was feeling weary of having to do all this to get the achievement done. Only having to fully explore and get revered is much less a headache to accomplish.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

the exploration achievement is so stupidly easy, it's not even worth worrying about.
the reputation one, on the other hand... quests give VERY little rep. it's going to take a while to get to revered.

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:the exploration achievement is so stupidly easy, it's not even worth worrying about.
the reputation one, on the other hand... quests give VERY little rep. it's going to take a while to get to revered.
Some are already there. I seen someone earlier today flying.

Dr. Who Video!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I think people who have been dedicatedly farming construction supplies are the ones likely to have flying first, as each turn-in of 100 supplies gives some amount of rep. I'm behind by a day or two (I transferred to a PvE server when my guild exploded, but still missed a few days of dailies and supplies because of CRZ and then lethargy), haven't been human since prior to Legion's launch, missed two of the three days that invasions have been happening, and haven't done much by way of Sentinax farming (it's just not my jam) and I'm about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way through Honored—probably not this week, but maybe early to middle of next week for me.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Talihawk wrote:with them taking this qualification off, does this mean we'll be able to tame feathermanes sooner?
No, the legion assaults have nothing to do with the order hall quest chain which will still have the staggered release of 11 weeks I believe.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Xella wrote:I think people who have been dedicatedly farming construction supplies are the ones likely to have flying first, as each turn-in of 100 supplies gives some amount of rep.
how on earth can you farm the supplies? the quests only give 25 at a time. Is there some other source for the construction supplies?

I can't be online 24/7 playing wow hoping for a new daily to pop or some critter to show.
Hell, I went and killed some rare on Broken Shore and that didn't even drop any supplies despite being HARD (there were around 15 people working on bringing him down).

"Step on no pets!"

AdamSavage

Sukurachi wrote:how on earth can you farm the supplies? the quests only give 25 at a time. Is there some other source for the construction supplies?

I can't be online 24/7 playing wow hoping for a new daily to pop or some critter to show.
Hell, I went and killed some rare on Broken Shore and that didn't even drop any supplies despite being HARD (there were around 15 people working on bringing him down).
Doing every single quest when it shows up, finding chests, and killing rares. The rares for me, drop 5-7 Legion Supplies. Still this would be very time consuming and you would have to been on the island most of the day sense the patch came out. Combine that will a lot of good RNG, and you can get the rep tokens from class hall missions.

Dr. Who Video!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

AdamSavage wrote:Doing every single quest when it shows up, finding chests, and killing rares. The rares for me, drop 5-7 Legion Supplies. Still this would be very time consuming and you would have to been on the island most of the day sense the patch came out. Combine that will a lot of good RNG, and you can get the rep tokens from class hall missions.
Yeah, the chests are the big one—before they hotfixed it so you could see them on the map, they respawned a lot faster than they do now. A lot of people were just camping a single chest spawnpoint for hours. Now you have to actually work a bit for it, but even on my brand new high pop PvE server I usually bumble across three or four just as I'm waddling around doing the available WQs. (Of course, I wrote this post and then went to do today's late night dailies and came across absolutely nothing chest-wise, so :x)

It's 2-4 supplies per chest (slightly higher when the mage tower was up, the past couple days) so it takes a while to build up a significant number, but getting to a chest and getting to a rare takes about the same amount of travel time, and opening up a chest is typically WAY faster than killing these 66m hp base rares, lol.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

AdamSavage wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:the exploration achievement is so stupidly easy, it's not even worth worrying about.
Some are already there. I seen someone earlier today flying.
I haven't seen that but then I also have not been looking up to see if anyone is flying around either.
AdamSavage

I didn't even know anyone had flying. I just happened to see someone fly down in front of me, and then fly away.

Dr. Who Video!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I got flying this morning, but I haven't seen anyone else with it yet on my server. I know there was at least a handful of others on another server tho according to a friend. But certainly not a lot of us lol

I just basically grinded rep as much as I could and then after DMF happened, I basically made sure I always had the buff on for everything I did Legionfall related. Also since patch dropped, I saved all my Legionfall Insignias until the fair opened lol

Otherwise the only "farming" I did was run all over the islands whenever I had a moment and just keep looting chests for resources to turn in.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

can someone explain to me: is there some sort of gated system on Broken Isles, where you have to finish off that heroic dungeon before further daily quests open on the Isle?

Because right now, I get 3-4 daily quests, then nothing until the next day. And bosses I've killed give next to no resources, 2-6 at a time. not worth it for the amount of work some of those bosses entail.

Do I HAVE to go do that Cathedral heroic dungeon quest before further quests appear?
(I've tried queuing for it, but dammit 30+ minutes is too long for me.)

"Step on no pets!"

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I only got about 3-4 WQ a day on Broken Shore, didn't seem like it opened more if you Cathedral quest. I earned More rep from turning in resources then I did WQ. Every other day there seemed to be a quest to find treasure for a goblin. But that was about it.

I can't remember what's after the Cathedral quest, but I remember it gives rep too. If you haven't done the Invasion Quest Maiev gives you to complete one legion invasion (for 1500 rep iirc), it might be gated behind the Cathedral quest. But not sure.