Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by Tilo »

Diago wrote:Well the egg finally spawned after countless camping hours, only to have it crumble and nothing to show up :(
that doesn't sound right...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Is it just me, or was this rather mean-spirited of Blizzard, hiding them in faction cities? Griefing is a problem with any spirit beast tame especially, and obviously you'll get killed for being in the opposite faction's city...so combining the two is just cruel. We just attempted to go after Gon, got killed immediately and couldn't even get away without the Horde hunters following us and killing us just to be spiteful. Thanks Blizz....
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Teigan wrote:Is it just me, or was this rather mean-spirited of Blizzard, hiding them in faction cities? Griefing is a problem with any spirit beast tame especially, and obviously you'll get killed for being in the opposite faction's city...so combining the two is just cruel. We just attempted to go after Gon, got killed immediately and couldn't even get away without the Horde hunters following us and killing us just to be spiteful. Thanks Blizz....
Same on Ally side man... not mean spirited... just need ''friends''? 'shrugs', or wait it out to die down...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I must admit, they could have put them elsewhere. I don't see how they did not forsee this as a potentialy problem.

But for now, those who don't have it will just need to wait. Which would you prefer: to camp and have it be killed by 10 other Hunters, to be killed by other Hunters, or wait until the first two options are no longer an issue?
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:I must admit, they could have put them elsewhere. I don't see how they did not forsee this as a potentialy problem.

But for now, those who don't have it will just need to wait. Which would you prefer: to camp and have it be killed by 10 other Hunters, to be killed by other Hunters, or wait until the first two options are no longer an issue?
Thing is...there will always be a problem with going into an opposing faction city. If I'm lucky enough to make it into Org and find the egg, I or Gon or likely both, will be killed.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

i got lucky after 30mins of camping a day ago. I read about it and immediately went to ogrimar, nobody was there..sat down and waited.
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Teigan wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I must admit, they could have put them elsewhere. I don't see how they did not forsee this as a potentialy problem.

Thing is...there will always be a problem with going into an opposing faction city. If I'm lucky enough to make it into Org and find the egg, I or Gon or likely both, will be killed.
Buy a stealthman, find a dead server, drop in, feign death and use the stealthman.

Happy camping.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

This is going to sound stupid, I know, but how do I find a dead server? The realm hopping addon doesn't work how it used to since they changed how realm hopping works...
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

For solo if you cant find any alliance help, its complicated but you can create a trail mage char on any server of your choosing, port to any city depending on the character you roll (human = stormwind etc), and purchase Theramore port from the trainer and head there.

Fly to Orgrimmar and you can suicide check for if its dead or not.

If you find the right one, make a self group using the LFG system then logout and swap to your hunter to sign up (yes it will still run even when your mage is offline). When you sign up on the hunter, swap back to the mage to accept the join request, THEN swap back to the hunter afterwards to accept and phase to that Orgrimmar.

Yeah it's a lot of doing for a pet but this is just an alternative if you cant find anyone.
Diago

Unread post by Diago »

Has anyone found out Gon's respawn time yet?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Gon is still bugged, at 3:05 am on Moon Guard the egg spawned and when I clicked it the egg disappeared only to not have Gon spawn I read about it bugging but was hoping it wouldn't for me was I wrong.
ScvgrHyena
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by ScvgrHyena »

Sorry I have a lot of questions:

Is there a level requirement for the gryphon and the raptor? If so what is it? Also are they regular pets (i.e. a regular raptor and gryphon) or are they spirit beasts? Is there anything special you need to do or just click on the item to summon? What is the spawn time? Can horde only get the raptor and alliance the gryphon or can either side get them? (Praying of course that they live though a massacre by guards). Does the item only spawn in one spot or in multiple spots?

Sorry again for the many questions. Also I may post this twice to see which answers.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

ScvgrHyena wrote:Sorry I have a lot of questions:

Is there a level requirement for the gryphon and the raptor? If so what is it? Also are they regular pets (i.e. a regular raptor and gryphon) or are they spirit beasts? Is there anything special you need to do or just click on the item to summon? What is the spawn time? Can horde only get the raptor and alliance the gryphon or can either side get them? (Praying of course that they live though a massacre by guards). Does the item only spawn in one spot or in multiple spots?

Sorry again for the many questions. Also I may post this twice to see which answers.
As far as I know, you must be 110 to be able to get both of these. They're also Spirit Beasts, so BM is required.

You just click the item and that summons the creature, though it's a regular mob after that so there is the possibility that other people can kill or tame it first.

We don't really know spawn times yet, there have been reports of 30 minutes to 2+ hours.

You can tame either of them whether you're Horde or Alliance, it just makes it tricky if you're the opposing faction in the wrong city.

I believe the items only have a single spawn point, I feel like we would have heard of others by now, and they've been consistent at these specific locations across all realms so far.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I guess they put them in the capital of the faction so it would be faction pets? Would make sense with a raptor et a gryphon, I suppose.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've tamed both of them on my Hunter (Draenei) so unless something changed, both factions can get them.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I did not mean that they would litteraly be faction gated (I'm not sure if it's possible on pets?) but that's it's pretty hard to get the one on your own capital right now if you're not lucky, and even worse if it's the enemy capital, so it's kind of that-faction-only feel. I think it's on purpose. (Someone was asking sooner why put them in capitals)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is possible. You just making it friendly to one faction, and hostile to the other.

Bur I see what you mean and I agree. For now, it really is best just to wait till the hype dies down. If you want to keep dying over and over, that is your decision, but I can almost guarantee that you won't be getting the pet.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:

Yes, but the risk is much higher right now. When I went in, I just had to deal with a couple of guards that I killed in a few hits. Players are a far greater danger, and there are many camping there right now. Which is why I said what I said: just wait until the risk of players killing you or the pet go down.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Unlikely, but he couldn't spawn in SoO could he? ;) I remember when SoO first opened there was something else (an achievement?) you could do there as Alliance and avoid the grief of PvP. I can't remember what it was now but they did patch it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Wain wrote:Unlikely, but he couldn't spawn in SoO could he? ;) I remember when SoO first opened there was something else (an achievement?) you could do there as Alliance and avoid the grief of PvP. I can't remember what it was now but they did patch it.
I'm intrigued that you posted this, as this exact thought went through my mind this morning.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)