Any HD models you'd like to see be implemented for pets?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Grimulfr
Realm: Wrymrest

Re: Any HD models you'd like to see be implemented for pets?

Unread post by Grimulfr »

Gorillas. Tsul'Kalu was the first rare I ever tamed, I'd like to actually use him. But by the Gods is he ugly. Before Legion I would have said wolves, since I bloody hate most wolf models, however the new ones are pretty great. RHINOS. Would be great. I don't really use them, because I don't play BM, but Still, they'd be nice. Those Demon Dogs need an update too, Hyenas would be nice. New Lions!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Gah! How could i forget about hyenas?! I have never used one myself but man do those poor things need some love.

Forgot about the lynx model too. ( i also always thought it as a bit of a waste that they didn't reuse some of the updated druid cat skeletons for wild animals- they have flight and travel forum look-alikes in the wild already so why not?)

I suppose demon hounds could use some love but legion is kind of the best opportunity for that update and Blizz seemed to have moved on to using the cata skeleton dogs instead.

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

The old hippogryphs. I love the shape of heir heads more and they just look more lithe and dangerous. The fel hippogryph is GORGEOUS, I just want it updated a bit!

Hyenas. They are in such dire need of an upgrade, oh my gosh. I love them but they're also hard to look at.

Also LYNXES! AND WARP STALKERS!!!!! I'd also love if my Blood Elf's demon doggo got a pixel upgrade.

Bascially...I just want every old pet model to be upgraded to more pixels. Don't change anything drastic like with the bears. I want them to do what they did with the kodo, rabbits, etc. Also, use the same colors! I hate how black isn't a thing in new beasts, it's always just a dark grey or blue. =/

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Miacoda wrote:Bascially...I just want every old pet model to be upgraded to more pixels. Don't change anything drastic like with the bears. I want them to do what they did with the kodo, rabbits, etc. Also, use the same colors! I hate how black isn't a thing in new beasts, it's always just a dark grey or blue. =/
That's a good summary. We love these old models, they were great, just add more pixels please. (Can we make a slogan with that?)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Basically anything with less than half the pixels my toon is sporting atm. :mrgreen:

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:TARANTULAS. Yes we have plenty of spiders but I want an updated tarantula model. They could make it look so good now!

Also echoing for warp stalkers, I love those lizards so much. <33
Holy crap, these two.

Also, I wish there had been a tameable version of the Bloodfang Widow. Blah.

As for Warp Stalkers? Warlords of Draenor would have been a perfect time to add both updated uncorrupted models, and maybe a fel/Legion-corrupted rare version.

I don't see Warp Stalkers happening anytime soon, but maybe on Argus? They're native to Draenor, but the Legion does use them as mounts.

Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

Damn son, I need one that looks exactlly like the picture you just posted

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I'd like to see all the HD models available applied to all pets (or other NPCs) available. I'm sorry to the purists who like the old models, but I can't stand them anymore after seeing how good they can look. I want Humar as an amazing, HD lion. I want all the cats to use the MoP tiger or Legion panther. I want every raptor to be a WoD raptor (except the BC ones, of course) I want every wyvern and gryphon and hippogryph to look like the good ones. I want all the boars to look as good as I know they can (but come on, stop using the direhorn skeleton for them. It looks stupid) I want all the frogs to use the "new" frog. I don't see an excuse for not doing this. After the way they implemented the new bears, bunnies, rats and squirrels, they have no excuse not to do this. It drives me nuts.

But, since that will probably never happen....

Hyenas, tallstriders, vanilla basilisks, birds (vultures, vanilla owls), demon dogs, gorillas, tarantulas, vanilla turtles, vanilla windserpents, warpstalkers.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

I can't agree with you on that. For too many of the new models you quote (gryphon, wyvern, cats), I don't find them true to the spirit of the old ones. I love the sabercats because of their high shoulders, their fangs, and their massif appearance. The Legion panther have none of that (and look frankly weird to me when they are ridden). Same with the hippogryph, I love the old ones pointy crow-like head, and their reasonable wings. The new ones don't look like that at all, what with this weird horned beak? And the wings?? (Same with the gryphon. They had this weird period of "I'm putting horns on beaks" that I frankly dislike)
Meanwhile, the bunnies, rats and squirrels look the same as the old ones but better... If they could all update like that, I would be glad.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

To each their own :) And I agree that alot of the old models do have a certain charm the new ones lack. I'd prefer they fixed up the old ones instead of replacing them. However, Blizz seems unwilling to polish up the old ones, with the odd exceptions of a few critters. And that's why I say replace them. Better than than pixel-box-animals, as I see it.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hyenas desperately need a fix.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

I would personally like to have the vanilla Gryphons have a texture update. I don't really like the 'Grand Gryphon' as they look so tense and their wings look awkward and broken when they fly. But the animation of the vanilla one is far cuter with a more friendly appearance. So it would be nice for their models to be updated now that they are tamable :D
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Fox... and could we possibly get a diseased cat, I mean there's a diseased bear, and a diseased wolf... so, why not a diseased cat...
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:HYENAS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm absolutely DYING for a new hyena model. It's so, so old and has never seen a single model update. Please, guys! Hyenas are too cute for this!
YES, high-five to you, I also am dying for an updated hyena model, I'd use mine so much more often if they weren't stuck with the awful vanilla model.

Edit: So many people in this thread wanting hyena updates, I'm so overjoyed! Hyenas are one of my favorite animals irl, and I just got an awesome tattoo of one, and there's not a HUGE amount of love for them in general, so it warms my heart to see so many people interested. :D
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Now that I think of it, I would also like to see an HD model of the old talbuk! The antelope-like ones, with long legs. It's not like it's urgent, given that they did an HD model of """talbuks""" in WoD, but I admit that I hate them intensely. Speaking of antelopes, an update for the gazelles could be nice too.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

My Hyena Faust would like an update as he's been my pet for....well since forever. :lol:

He's my go to pet, red hyena model, and he needs more love.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

*Sits and waits for demondogs to get some HD love*

Siggy under construction!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Bowno wrote:*Sits and waits for demondogs to get some HD love*
The Wrath rune hounds were pretty nice updates for them! Understandably not quite the same as the original colours, but I'm still quite pleased by those models even though they're dated now. :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Any Vanilla Models to be honest (as many have echoed)
  • • Hyenas, Gorillas, Silithids, and Tallstriders.
and a few BC models too...
  • • Dragonhawks, Moths, Netherays and Warpstalkers.

My personal special mentions would be Windserpents, Shale Spiders and Lynx
  • Windserpents - These have SUCH potential for a seamless HD upgrade. They are a very very easy model and to work with for shape and skin. And some feathery versions could be so so beautiful.

E.g.

Image Image

Shale Spiders - Have just one model, and while I personally think the skin looks brilliant (it's almost ageless) I'd love to see some other models added to it to bulk out the options.

E.g.

Lynx - Yes I know, more cats?!? But I have an awful soft spot for them. They still use the vanilla Nelf Druid cat, and while I do love them, I also see that an upgrade to this style of cat could look just so so good, and I'm itching to see them in game (one day - fingers crossed)

E.g.

Attachments
WindserpentAztec1.png
WindserpentAztec1.png (198.43 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
WindserpentAztec3.png
WindserpentAztec3.png (297.17 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
Shale.JPG
Shale.JPG (89.09 KiB) Viewed 3378 times
lynx.jpg
lynx.jpg (90.26 KiB) Viewed 3378 times

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I really love Lynx as pets and hope we do get an upgrade too (your sketch is awesome btw!) The wolves got a lot of love so don't see why not. I'd also love to see some armoured cats but that's probably a different topic :lol:

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~