Gon Search Idea

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Re: Gon Search Idea

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

11 hours straight yesterday from 6pm till 5 am. Never saw the egg. I think it phased me twice, as people that I 'Had' seen standing around then later popped up saying they tamed it in the time I'd been sitting there and they wern't, but still. 11 hour wait and nothing.
(and yes I got up from the computer a few times to use the bathroom and what have you. had others in the house watch for those moments)

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

There's multiple spawn points?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

One spawn point but if you get phased and other people don't. You're watching the same spawn point in more than one phase..... if it pops up "There" when you're not 'there' you don't see it.

The game randomly phases some locations together to make the world "Look more full" by putting more players in the same places. It's a behind the scenes function. The only time you really 'feel' it is something like this. When you're witha group of random people and 2 or three dissapear. Or YOU dissapear and appear among others. Most times people think others just logged out. But if you're talking to them in whispers sometimes they're still around.

Sucks.

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

OMG heart beating fast can't think I was on Gallywix through an alt there when egg spawned was me and another hunter I broke egg started tame when other hunter tried to steal it I shot gon once to get agro back and tame thankfully other hunter saw gon health was really low and let me have tame so now I got my Gon.
KeyLimeSerpent
Realm: Wymrest Accord

Unread post by KeyLimeSerpent »

Managed to get it at 6:48am Server on WrA. Now for the Gryphon. ;_;
moxo

Unread post by moxo »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:One spawn point but if you get phased and other people don't. You're watching the same spawn point in more than one phase..... if it pops up "There" when you're not 'there' you don't see it.

The game randomly phases some locations together to make the world "Look more full" by putting more players in the same places. It's a behind the scenes function. The only time you really 'feel' it is something like this. When you're witha group of random people and 2 or three dissapear. Or YOU dissapear and appear among others. Most times people think others just logged out. But if you're talking to them in whispers sometimes they're still around.

Sucks.

I think you are right you need to fly out of the area and fly back in, to see the egg. I noticed this happened again but this time an Alliance hunter saw the egg while i didn't. I was camping at the spot while they were flying about.

It turned out to be a 3 way tug a war, 2x alliance hunters and me. I had to pop drums and tame it when it spawned while they had to deal with the guards. 3 day camp finally over. :D
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

UGH. Missed by just a moment. Had to watch someone else tame him. Im heartbroken..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

apparently the long gon waits are going to get slightly shorter:
Fixed a bug that occasionally kept Gon from spawning as expected.
-from today's hotfix notes.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

I finally got him! Im still shaking ;_;

There was a mammoth standing on the pile with the raptor already tamed so I was about to leave, thinking it was tamed. When he stepped off the pile and there was the egg! Named him Yai which is Swahili for egg XD

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I am going to guess theres no easy way to get Gon as ally hey? Someone said to just die and camp as a ghost but I wasn't too sure if that would work? I'd love to get Gon on one of my ally hunters for sure. But I suck at pvp and have very slow reaction time due to my cfs.. so means I go the way of the squish quickly lol.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

currently no campers at the egg. aww..nobody online when i am. ;(
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

sasrei7 wrote:I am going to guess theres no easy way to get Gon as ally hey? Someone said to just die and camp as a ghost but I wasn't too sure if that would work? I'd love to get Gon on one of my ally hunters for sure. But I suck at pvp and have very slow reaction time due to my cfs.. so means I go the way of the squish quickly lol.

no campers at the egg now on my server
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

crud and I wasnt online lol. My btag is #Sason345 if you wanted to add me :)
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

mine is muajin#1450
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Now that the spawning has been fixed, do we have a handle on the spawn timer or is the phasing still screwing with it?
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

Alliance hunter looking for spawn, keep getting asshole horde hopping on giant mounts etc. Vahlka#1815

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

These spectral items are so squirrely. I have been camping an egg spot for 5 hours and I have seen the egg 3 times on the PTR during that time: was there when I started live camping, tamed on PTR. spawned again about 2 hours in, tamed on a different PTR character. and just shy of the 5 hour mark the egg was back on PTR. Yet not once on live. I guess the phasing is still a problem.

Edit: Just saw fourth PTR egg in 6 hours while no egg on live. My level 100 couldnt see the egg but I summoned Gon on a 110, switched to a 100 and Gon was showing as level 100. I was able to tame Gon on my level 100. I think we knew sub110 couldnt see egg, but I dont recall if scaling/taming below 110 was possible.

Edit2: Nearly 7 hours later, it spawned and I got it tamed. Good grief what a stressful camp as Alliance. Thankful for the few Horde that did wander by and see me were courteous. I know not everyone is that lucky with nice people, which is a shame.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Possible hotfix timer increase 15min+ on respawn timer of egg - credit Moonlight disc.

possibly for gryphon too? (has anyone checked?)
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

gon camp has no camper on my server.

im sitting ducky. would anyone like to hop and camp it?

muajin#1450
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Quiv »

Argent Dawn/Scryers is a good camp realm too. I was Alliance and realm hopped to it and when the few horde that wandered by saw me, they were courteous. I was there for 7 hours without any real problem.

Edit: Need to be careful not to bombard Argent Dawn/Scryers with campers cuz that just makes the issue worse for everyone. :(
Last edited by Quiv on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.