Pet aggro change?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Pet aggro change?

Unread post by Wain »

Is it just me or have others noticed that their pets aren't holding aggro as well after the latest hotfixes? I still have Growl on, but I've tried multiple pets and I seem to be suddenly pulling aggro from them a lot more. This is as BM.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to fix it, and the timing is a big coincidence. If so, it's a stealth change.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: Pet aggro change?

Unread post by evil950510 »

Tanking pets hold aggro well, as long as there is one target, but more than one they have trouble. Likewise, if you have the The Apex Predator's Claw it seems to have weird effects on pets as in switches my pets spec and messes up my pet bar, or drops in aggro. Pets have been horribly handled this whole expansion and have had most of their AI and script tampered to a point that they are useless in some fights.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I've noticed myself getting aggro more often than usual lately, but I assumed it was just me. Most often it seems to involve pulling packs of mobs. Even sending in my pet and waiting a second or two before hitting multishot/beast cleave seems to result in at leat one of them coming after me instead. I have also noticed it in single target situations too. The only change I've made recently, aside from a couple gear upgrades, was switching from Blink Strikes to Bestial Fury for raiding and not bothering to swap back for world quests and such. That shouldn't be making a difference, though.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I noticed ive become far more squishier than I used to be lol. But yah pets struggle with agro if it's more than one mob.. I end up tanking mobs.. its not fun lol
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

Yeah I found early on that I basically HAD to have my pet in tenacity spec or they'd go down super fast and also not be able to hold aggro well. Even with tenacity, with multiple mobs they often lose some of them, as people have said. I also have lots of problems both in Legion areas and especially in older raids and things with Hati getting stuck in things. When I was still doing ICC runs, whoo boy. Hati doesn't like ICC, and would periodically just phase out and back in for me mid-fight, or post-fight, and other times just stand there and not do anything. In the Broken Isles I've had some issues with Hati doing attacks, but staying at my side and therefore out of range of whatever my main pet is attacking. They're pretty borked, let's face it.
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

...stuff dies too fast, I haven't noticed anything >_<

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.