Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Ongoing Search for the Spectral Gryphon

Unread post by Dysphoria »

Zyne wrote:Congrats Dys I knew you would get it!! :D Hahahah and you named it Skolde!! I remember how that was annoying us so much! :D
LOL yep - it's just a matter of time and patience.....and more time.....and patience! :P

When I was camping, I was thinking of a good name and that stupid dwarf npc yelling "SKOLDE" all the time to summon guards to attack just seemed so appropriate :D
Zyne
Realm: Khaz'goroth

Unread post by Zyne »

Dysphoria wrote:
LOL yep - it's just a matter of time and patience.....and more time.....and patience! :P

When I was camping, I was thinking of a good name and that stupid dwarf npc yelling "SKOLDE" all the time to summon guards to attack just seemed so appropriate :D
Couldn't agree more haha! :D
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Well, that was easier than I expected. First time looking, I flapped over to the flight point before going to the restroom, not expecting it to be there, but...it was. Clicked, tamed, done! :lol: I named him Boros because it sounded good in my head. :)

Attachments
Boros.jpg
Boros.jpg (145.52 KiB) Viewed 3294 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

This guy, for example. I've been here for over 6 hours, sent him a PM asking to be polite and at least move a bit, and instead of moving or taking off his potion of giant growth, he then used a World Shrinker. I have to literally put my cursor outside the hut to not be targeting him.On top of that, he's only been there for about 10 minutes.

(Picture removed as it had the players name)
Last edited by Valka on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valka wrote:On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

This guy, for example. I've been here for over 6 hours, sent him a PM asking to be polite and at least move a bit, and instead of moving or taking off his potion of giant growth, he then used a World Shrinker. I have to literally put my cursor outside the hut to not be targeting him.On top of that, he's only been there for about 10 minutes.
I have come across similar behaviour. It's just rude and thoughtless behaviour. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.
Last edited by Dysphoria on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Dysphoria wrote:
Valka wrote:On a similar note, I am absolutely sick of players grieving by using toys to make themselves large or large mounts on top of the spawn point.

(Picture removed as it had the players name)

I have come across similar behaviour. It's just rude and thoughtless behaviour. Some people should be ashamed of themselves.
Update: About 20 minutes after this post the egg spawned and I was lucky enough to start the tame. This guy killed it then logged off.

Thanks guy... :evil:
Last edited by Valka on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irontagerr
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Irontagerr »

still looking for the gryphon... Lycanroc#1591 if anyone sees the feather and wants to help another hunter out :D
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I'm so sorry, Valka. Internet anonymity seems to bring out the worst in people. I hope you get it soon! (I got ganked immediately, so... :lol:)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

No luck on the gryphon. :( I did get a lot of knitting done during my camp, and met a couple of nice folks.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valka wrote:Update: About 20 minutes after this post the egg spawned and I was lucky enough to start the tame. This guy killed it then logged off.

Thanks guy... :evil:
I am so sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, i cant say I'm surprised :(
Novikova

My sympathies on the jerk. :( People are awful sometimes.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

From the forum guidelines:
2.No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Shade wrote:Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

2.No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)
Whoops sorry, I removed it from both of my posts but it didn't remove from the quote someone else did.

Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Valka wrote:
Shade wrote:Valka, you need to edit your screenshot to remove that player's name.

Whoops sorry, I removed it from both of my posts but it didn't remove from the quote someone else did.
I just amended my quote of your post :)
Novikova

Honestly, I'm sort of on the fence about naming and shaming sometimes.

But I still have no luck with this dang bird. MG has such aggressive and numerous alliance. I wonder if I should just accept that I will never have this pet.

Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Novikova wrote:Honestly, I'm sort of on the fence about naming and shaming sometimes.

But I still have no luck with this dang bird. MG has such aggressive and numerous alliance. I wonder if I should just accept that I will never have this pet.
Just so you don't feel like it's just you this happens to......this is what is happening on my server too:

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to try to camp for the gryphon on a Horde character? I've noticed Alliance hunters stealthed near Gon and, while I haven't done it for a while, have always found it pretty easy to get into Orgrimmar safely on an Alliance character. It seems as if having the gryphon near the flightmaster makes it a bit tougher for Hordies to hang around and camp.

In any event, it'll be a while before I try for the gryphon. Running an Alliance character over to check out the spawn point a few times, I've seen a half dozen or so hunters all standing around there. I've only ever seen one other Horde hunter looking for Gon at any given time and a couple Alliance hunters stealthed nearby. I usually give those folks a wave or a salute before heading elsewhere. After all, they were there before me so should get first dibs on the tame.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its interesting how they arranged these. Gon is harder to get to undetected as Alliance, but I feel theres more nooks and crannies to hide in once you get there. On the other hand, the gryphon is much easier to fly to as Horde but its completely out in the open. I feel the gryphon is a bit easier but it has its own challenges for sure.

I also don't quite get the purpose of multiple people camping at once. Do they have an order of taming? Seems risky because you really can't trust strangers, and this thing can have a mulit-hour spawn timer, and we know everyone aint going to stand around for that. So what happens, people fight over it when it does spawn? Just a mess.
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Boven wrote:Out of curiosity, how difficult is it to try to camp for the gryphon on a Horde character?
Getting to the feather spawn is simple. Just fly there directly to the flight master on the south side of SW. Once there, things get interesting. On my server alliance outweigh horde by about 70:30. So there are naturally always a heap of alliance hunters there camping at any given time. Moreover, the CRZ and phasing pulls players in randomly so even if you do get there and no one else is camping, a short while later there are multiple players. The main issue is player aggro. Either non-hunter players will attack you for fun, or else the camping hunters will attack you to reduce the number of hunters camping, or I have even had situations where lower geared hunters will ask friends/guildies to come over and attack horde to ensure less competition for themselves.....Finally; the grave yard for horde is about a 5-6 minute run from SW, so you really don't want to be dying regularly!
Quiv wrote:I also don't quite get the purpose of multiple people camping at once. Do they have an order of taming? Seems risky because you really can't trust strangers, and this thing can have a mulit-hour spawn timer, and we know everyone aint going to stand around for that. So what happens, people fight over it when it does spawn? Just a mess.
In my experience; when I tamed the Gryph as horde, there was only one other alliance hunter who very graciously did not attack the Gryph once I had spawned it from the feather and I was able to tame. When I tamed Gon, I was the only one there. Having spoken to others who were all camped in a group, there always seemed to be some dissension on what would happen. Some thought that whoever first clicked the feather/egg should have it. Others thought it should be whoever was there first. And still others were adamant it was whoever could get aggro and keep it for the tame to complete. I would hate to be there when this happens! :shock:
Novikova

Due to a newly diagnosed illness requiring I minimize stress, I think I'm just going to call it off for now if not forever. I camped it by hiding on a hill nearby and scouting with eagle eye.