Freida's Pets

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Freida's Pets

Unread post by Rhyela »

This is mostly a post for me to come back to and look fondly on my tames, but comments/thoughts are always welcome! Freida is a first for me in that it's my first Horde character to make it past the level 40 bracket. Up til now, I've always seemed to get bored and quit. I'm excited to see the Horde's side of things for the first time, and what better class to do it on than a hunter? That way, I've always got a companion with me. :) And this also gives me an opportunity to tame the type of creatures that I normally wouldn't on one of the "prettier" races.
Last edited by Rhyela on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Re: Freida's Pets

Unread post by Rhyela »

Freida's first (well, technically second tamed pet, but the one she stuck with first) is Toxic, her Death Ravager! I remember running all the way out there, on a PvP server no less, to tame this guy. I was lucky in that I only died once to some guards near Rut'theran Village. It was definitely a harrowing journey overall, though. Lots of swimming, a nervous boat ride, going way out of my way to avoid Alliance settlements, and hoping that no one would see me as I slaughtered ravager after ravager to get the key (I still have the key in my bank). He's been Freida's main companion all throughout her travels, and he's always in my active pets. It's unfortunate that ravagers still don't have a family ability, but I'm hopeful that that will change someday. And even though Freida's MM, it just doesn't feel right not having Toxic by her side.

(He's gotten bigger! Compared to when I first tamed him, he's definitely grown. *sniff*)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_021716_215836.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021716_215836.jpg (301.46 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_021716_220246.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021716_220246.jpg (246.44 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_022617_051941.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022617_051941.jpg (303.45 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Freida Outland 1.jpg
Freida Outland 1.jpg (192.91 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_030517_032534.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030517_032534.jpg (179.74 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Last edited by Rhyela on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Freida's second pet, and the one I use exclusively for PvP, is Caustic. This was a surprise tame in that I didn't even know about this bird until I stumbled across it in WPL one day. The beast is level 39, but I found it at level 38, so I had to grind on some nearby wildlife hoping that no one would kill either it or me (or both) before I got a chance to tame it. Thankfully, with Track Humanoids I was able to remain unseen, and it wasn't too long before Heress was mine! I chose the name Caustic because of its bright coloration, and it kinda sounded nice with Freida's main pet being Toxic. I like his family ability, Bloody Screech, because it reduces healing. I haven't PvPd in a while, but he's still almost always in my active slots. Sadly, I don't have as many pics of him.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_022617_050155.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022617_050155.jpg (271.54 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_022817_212443.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022817_212443.jpg (114.55 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Freida's third pet is one I rarely use, and I may end up abandoning it someday. I liked Stonegazer because it stood out in Terokkar Forest. I even like the name I gave him, Seethe. However, it bothers me that his body looks...segmented? When it moves, different pieces seem disjointed and it's just off-putting enough for me to keep him in the stables. :(

(Screen shot of weird body segments)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_030517_051828.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030517_051828.jpg (331.15 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_030517_063043.jpg
WoWScrnShot_030517_063043.jpg (220.76 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Last edited by Rhyela on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Freida's fourth pet is one that I don't use very often, so I think I've only got one or two pics. It was a mana wyrm that I tamed in Mana Tombs during a LFG in Outland. I had a hard time taming it since the group kept wanting to annihilate everything in sight, but I finally managed to separate one and tame it off to the side. I don't think it's a pet I'd normally tame on her, but the one thing that's kept me from abandoning it twice is that for whatever reason, it kinda makes me think of Kikyo's soul collectors from Inuyasha. I don't know why, since they don't really look alike. But it's like it's just cool enough to make me want to keep it. It took over a month for me to come up with a name, but the other night I finally settled on the name Geist, and it clicked. I definitely think he's a keeper now. ;)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_031917_044448.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031917_044448.jpg (237.57 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

My final post for tonight is Freida's fifth pet, and one that has become my main Tenacity pet (I'm old-fashioned and like to keep dedicated specs). There's nothing particularly special about this guy, he was just a standard mob out in Shadowmoon Valley, but I really liked its coloration. I've also always had a fondness for the vanilla boars. I love their skeleton and animations (not a fan of the direhorn skeleton from WoD), even though graphically they aren't the most impressive. The name didn't come to me immediately, and I wanted to name it Spawn at first. However, that name is taken, so my brain went from Spawn-->Darkspawn (from Dragon Age)-->"The Chantry teaches us that it is the hubris of men which brought the darkspawn into our world", so I named him Hubris. :lol: Also, it kinda looks like Pride demons from the series, and hubris is just excessive pride, so it all fit. I use this pet pretty often, and he's almost always in my active slots, especially when I'm questing. I'll probably get a more "tanky" tank when I get into more difficult content (i.e. a pet with a shield ability), but for now, he does just fine. I was able to do some of the more difficult quests in Northrend with him, so I've no intention of stabling him in the near future.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_031917_065839.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031917_065839.jpg (185.37 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Oh I love Freida's pet choices! I haven't been able to get into any basilisks except the new ones, though oddly I adore crocolisks and they share the disjointed skeleton. :lol: I love the range of colors you've chosen for her companions, and their names. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I really like Freida and her pets. Looking forward to see more :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Thank you for the kind comments, my friends! As Tyger pointed out, I don't really have any particular theme in mind for Freida. No specific colors or families, or anything of the sort. I just tame whatever feels right. I do, however, try to come up with names that sound...negative? Like, not fluffy bunny names, but something an undead might come up with. It's worked out well so far. :)

Moar pets! Freida's sixth pet is one I nabbed in LK, out in Zul'Drak. While it suits an undead hunter perfectly, its Claw animation is borked so unfortunately I don't use it much. I named it Famine due to its obvious lack of flesh.

Beginning to think I should have named it Pancake. :lol:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042217_223255.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042217_223255.jpg (260.7 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
WoWScrnShot_042217_223202.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042217_223202.jpg (222.38 KiB) Viewed 3797 times
Last edited by Rhyela on Mon May 01, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Freida's seventh pet was also a LK tame that I have had in the stables since I got it. But, it's cool and it was a rare, so I haven't let it go just yet. I was looking for Gondria and stumbled across this little enormous beauty instead. I named it Sinister, as it's the name that jumped into my head at the time.

(Hmm, didn't get a post-tame pic...)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_042217_235311.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042217_235311.jpg (239.22 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Number eight was the first and only Cataclysm tame. I tamed one of the owls flying around Aviana's shrine. It's sadly unnamed since I haven't been able to come up with something I like, but I also can't let it go because I really like its coloration and white eyes. I think it would be a good pet for her, if I could just come up with a name. :lol:

(Wow, I'm slacking and didn't get a pic! Generic Petopia pic inc! I'll update this once I take an actual picture. :lol:)

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Numero nueve (number nine) is a MoP tame that I just got tonight! I liked the mushan, but none of the colors I had seen during my travels jumped out at me. Then, as I was exploring, I happened across a Nesingwary camp, and one of the quests ended up sending me to take out a mushan named Darkhide. I saw him, and knew THAT was the mushan for me! I killed it the first time for the quest, took on its calf in a pet battle (and barely won), and after that was done it had re-spawned, so I tamed him! It took me all night to settle on a name, but I finally went with Grim because I think he has a rather grim countenance. I normally don't like the stompy pets, but I really like this guy so I'll deal. :) As with most of Freida's other pets, it's a darn shame that they still don't have a family ability.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050117_004500.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050117_004500.jpg (148.48 KiB) Viewed 3797 times

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I love Famine-Pancake :D
For the owl, eh, something about oracles or something? They often have white-blind eyes.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Famine-pancake lol.
Stalking this a bit :-D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

This thread is adorable, and awesome.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Inay, I took your great advice and decided to name my owl Augur. Augury was the ancient practice of observing the flights of birds and reading the omens. I thought it was downright fitting. :D Thank you for the suggestion!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Love the name for the owl. Grim is so darned cute! Really like him and how he looks with your hunter.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Rhyela wrote:Inay, I took your great advice and decided to name my owl Augur. Augury was the ancient practice of observing the flights of birds and reading the omens. I thought it was downright fitting. :D Thank you for the suggestion!
This is a great name, I really love it! :D