Big quality of life improvement for BM coming in 7.2.5

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Big quality of life improvement for BM coming in 7.2.5

Unread post by pop »

I wanted a baseline blink for pet and Hati but these are so much better.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

This is wonderful & might actually bring me back to WoW.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

when is this 7.2.5 estimated to be released?

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

These changes are sooooo good. I'm actually excited for the patch now. Also hoping this means crit build can be a thing again.
Sukurachi wrote:when is this 7.2.5 estimated to be released?
Mid June. They might get it in a bit earlier though to see how class balance looks before TOS.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Now if only the stun from Krosus' knock back on bridge break didn't affect pets. Normally there's a good 3-5 seconds I can't hit Kill Command on them because they're stunned.

Great for most if the fights in NH. Well, pretty much anything with adds. Shame my raid group is falling apart. We only had 6 people show for raid on Wed. I've overtaken the #1 spot as dps most of the time, or close 2nd. Sometimes third if the one guy actually brings his main....

Wonder if the change to Mantle will cause BiS to change. I really hate how much those things change with each patch. Work to get that one item, stat weights change.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Seilahyn wrote:Now if only the stun from Krosus' knock back on bridge break didn't affect pets. Normally there's a good 3-5 seconds I can't hit Kill Command on them because they're stunned.
If you Kill Command (or Dire Frenzy) the exact moment the Slam cast completes, your pet doesn't get stunned.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Yesss.

I do wonder if this counts as a buff to the War Order legendary though.
Last edited by Zalani on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Bendak wrote:- Hati will now use Dash when your primary pet does
Hati will now use Dash when your primary pet does

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Bendak wrote:
Seilahyn wrote:Now if only the stun from Krosus' knock back on bridge break didn't affect pets. Normally there's a good 3-5 seconds I can't hit Kill Command on them because they're stunned.
If you Kill Command (or Dire Frenzy) the exact moment the Slam cast completes, your pet doesn't get stunned.
Oh I didn't realize that was why sometimes my pets didn't seem to get stunned. I kept trying to pull them back manually (good luck with that, "pet follow" doesn't work in combat like 85% of the time :T) or trying to hit my gone-since-7.0 pet intervene button whose name I've forgotten (but whose utility I still dearly miss).

I'm so glad about this change. I knew that one charge of DB felt bad, but I didn't realize how much better two charges felt 'til I actually got the shoulders myself. While I obviously can't speak for every shoulder-having hunter, I am totally okay with the shoulders ending up at the bottom of the orange pile if their current functionality goes baseline (which it should have been to begin with). I don't think they WILL be that bad, mind you, but... you know.

Between this and two new shirts being added to the appearance collection tab(!! no confirmed sources yet tho) and ffxNether being a Thing™, 7.2.5 may actually be one of the best patches to date. Fingers crossed this all doesn't get reverted D:
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Bendak wrote:
I did not know this, but as someone mentioned above, that would explain why sometimes they don't seem affected. I'll have to try and pay attention and time it, but knowing me I'll be too into my rotation and miss it.

By the way, your blog was a good read when I was trying to figure out BiS legendary and Talents appropriate for them. I had a pretty good idea, but as I said in my previous post, with how things change from patch to patch it's good to check in on those things. Thanks to you I upped my DPS a bit after playing around with Talents. I actually spiked at 1.19m on .. something, I can't remember. I think it was Heroic Trilliax. Right now I have Mantle (First), Burning Wish (Second), and Roar (Third) for my Legendaries. I got REALLY lucky for once. Running Mantle and Roar obviously.