Feltotem's Fall

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Re: Feltotem's Fall

Unread post by Bendak »

I have a guide on Wowhead for this if anyone's looking for more tips or ideas https://www.wowhead.com/beast-mastery-h ... -challenge
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

In my attempts at this, I learned something that surprised me and I frankly found irritating.

I made a macro for Intimidation similar to the one for Counter Shot. However despite Intimidation going off, Tugar was not getting stunned and therefore getting the cast off. Thats when I went out into the real world and figured out why. I knew the source of Intimidation was the pet, but I figured that since it is a player talent and a player activated ability, it would hit whatever the player is targeting as long as the pet (the source) was in range. In my opinion thats how it should work since its a player ability simply coming from the pet, but thats not it. I had the pet help with eggs and was wasting Intimidation. Wasted a lot of time before I realized this and have to change strat to keep pet on Tugar 100%.

Turns out Kill Command is the same way. I should have picked up on this by now, but I guess this is the only time I've relied on it so critically. Still a player activated ability not hitting who the player has targeted is bonkers to me but c'est la vie.

Also Freezing Trap doesn't work like it states on the tooltip. Only freezes for like 8 seconds or so. Have to almost relearn how mechanics work on him. I know outdoor elites that you can't stun with Intimidation, yet you can him. But then the trap works, but at a fraction of its listed duration? Am I the only one that this makes no sense? Its like the rules we've come to expect (and rely on) just went all topsy turvy in here.

Edit: Oh to the Freezing Trap apparently follows PVP rules. So its a PVE encounter that partially uses PVP rules. Ok so I figured the other PVP/PVE parts of the BI would follow the same rules. *flies to a warden tower* Nope, it follows PVE rules.

:lol:
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah, Kill Command's a big annoyance on that front. It's why I've had /petattack in a macro for it even pre-Hati (I may even have it @target too, but I forget)—there are very few situations where I won't want my pet to KC the thing _I_ have targeted, vs whatever random thing they've gone off to target (the giant eye on Il'gynoth, perhaps?)

I can sort of see the logic for just having it go off on your pet's target, but I really wish it wouldn't do that by default. Glyphs are all aesthetic now or I'd say that'd be a good place for a Kill Command glyph :|
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.