7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Re: 7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Unread post by Suicune »

I suggested a gold sink for slots at one point as well, as I think it would be a happy medium for everyone. I'm also in the camp of wanting more slots added, even at the sake of less gold in my pockets!
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

I put my name in the side of more stable slots! I have been playing my hunter since Vanilla and have a lot of older sentimental pets I really don't want to release. I know I could easily go and tame them again, but it wouldn't be the same to me. So in order to tame new friends I have to agonize over who I can say goodbye to..even if its just for now.

So please, more stable space even if it means spending gold!
Thank you :)
Tiz
Realm: Illidan-US

Unread post by Tiz »

They should just make a tab for hunter pets that's just like the Transmog/pet/mount/toy/heirlooms. So you can just collect them all if you want.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

I personally wouldn't mind more stable slots even if you have to buy them. There are hundreds of tameable pets now and new and exciting tames seemingly popping up all the time! So the extra stable slots would be awesome.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by somnomania »

Peridot wrote:Okay, so. Here's my opinion. I think the total slots should be up to 100.

But this is my idea: Make them purchased/unlocked with gold.
The first 50 would remain as it is now, free.
But for the extra 50, it would go something like this:

50-60: 5,000g
60-70: 15,000g
70-80: 25,000g
80-90 - 50,000g
90-100 - 100,000g

That way, if you want more pet slots, you can get them, but it adds a 'gold sink'. The prices may seem a little steep but if you really want something, I feel you can get it with a little work!

Just my opinion/idea of course.
I like this idea too! Especially since everything else in the game seems to be tuned to the notion that everyone just has hundreds of thousands of gold to blow on the basics. :x (I have about 55k right now and that's both a LOT for me and more than I've ever had on me at one time.)

I'm nowhere near having a full stable but I know a lot of other hunters are, and some people have been calling for more slots for ages. It'd be nice to at least have the option, y'know?

Also, I'd like to see more of a long-term storage option for pets that only have sentimental value or are still being kept as a point of pride or whatever. I have several that I never use and only tamed because they were rare and I happened on them, as with most of the spirit beasts besides the wolves, and three of the four colors of the tracking tame quilen. I wish there was a way to stash these so they didn't show up for Dire Stable, honestly.
Daisypoo
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Daisypoo »

I've got about 3 free slots left which worries me. I really can't part with any of my pets. :lol:
I need the spirit raptor and will probably get a fethermane.

Definitely time for more slots as they continue to add more rares
Draol
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Draol »

Anyone who thinks 50 stable slots is plenty must not be a collector! I try to get every spirit beast I can (due to space concerns, I've left out the porcupines who aren't rare) and every rare unique that catches my eye (which is a lot of them). I'm down to one slot (after abandoning the Kun-Lai goat rare), and I've only got a few I could bear to part with left. Mostly just a few that are no longer unique skins and I could go tame easily if I wanted to.

I try to cycle these pets out so they all get some show time, particularly the Spirit Beasts and my personal favorites. I, of course, use Glyph of Dire Stable too. :D

It's been a long time since we got more stable slots, and with the tons of unique new pets they've added, I think it's high time we got some more. I would prefer a more permanent solution to the problem (like give us a 'personal ranch' and turn pet skins into a collection, basically, where we can summon and tame a new one of something we've already tamed whenever we want), but i'll settle for more slots so I can keep hunting those beautiful rares, even if I have to pay a lot for them (which would suck, but hey, more stable slots).

For those raising concerns about not needing that many slots, I assume you are mostly concerned with storage space (since I don't see how having more if you don't need it is a bad thing, you never know). I suggest that maybe the new slots be made available only after you've filled up the stable? That way, there's less things for blizzard to keep track of on their end, people who don't need it won't be taking up extra space, and people who do need it can get more. Everyone wins!
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Think 50 is more then enough, we're hunters not collectors. More fun and meaningful I think, to make choices on which ones are needed and/or must have (a bond). Maybe wouldn't see so many hunters with the same pets (this gets annoying), if we'd stop getting more space then needed. Don't get the point of this want to have all the spirit beasts, all the cats and etc. One spirit beast is enough, one cat is enough. But it's your stable space, do what you like. Blizzard made this problem, more space when it's not needed. Just wonder how often all these spirit beasts or cats are even used. If they're not used why keep them? Guess I'm in the, tame what I'll actually use and not go tame crazy group (still haven't filled up the 1st 2 pages in stable). Which seems to be rare. Only time have more then 1 type of a pet is just for thrill of the hunt, then don't keep them.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

That's why letting people buy more slots is a great solution. For those that don't want more slots they don't have to buy any. For those of us who do, we still have the option.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

The problem I have with the pay for slots is that no other class would have this kind of gold sink.
I honestly think that if having 55 pets is not enough...then no amount of slots will be. There will always be that one more pet until it just becomes a "Tame that skin" and pets are nothing more then a pet book tab icon. Something to collect like that next transmog set. I feel like the more slots we get the cheaper out pets become.
I'd rather see pet abilities become a choice hunters can pick for their pets rather then something species bound. With BM pets having 2 abilities and there being abilities exclusive with each other the way some glyphs are to prevent a pet being OP ability wise.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Why is there being more slots potentially such a horrible thing for people that don't need them? How does it affect you in a negative manner?! for those that say Hunters are not collectors I call b*******. I am a collector! I collect tmogs, I collect mounts, I collect pets and minipets and I like to match ALL of them.

So please speak for yourself. Not for all Hunters out there. I have been playing since vanilla and with the addition of feathermanezs I am in desperate need of stable slots. I have at least 40 pets I am "bonded" to, the other ones are ones I need for abilities "just in case" such as battle Rez, heroism etc.

So AGAIN I ask why is this such a big deal and why has it not happened already? It does not affect anyone negatively WHATSOEVER and benefits those who do need it. And I really do like the idea of a gold sink or maybe even a quest or something for unlocking it for those of us who want to unlock it. That way it does not waste unecessary of space in blizzard server for those who do not need or want it.
somnomania

Agreed. It's not like there aren't plenty of other gold sinks to choose from in the game. It wouldn't give hunters an edge of any sort, either over other hunters or other classes, so what's the problem?
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm still of the opinion that more slots wouldn't hurt anything, but honestly I think the stabling system needs a rehaul anyway. If nothing else, make the UI show us all 50 slows instead of 5 pages of 10.

Edit: Similar to the Improved Stable addon, just bigger of course.

Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Hear hear! Remote stable needs to come back! especially with how few and far between actual stables are in the game. it's a real PITA to have to run to a stable that may be all they way on the other side of the zone just because you need a particular pet for something.
Draol

Unread post by Draol »

Preach it, Xylexia! I don't get these arguments at all.

Just because YOU don't see a need or reason to tame a bunch of pets or have some idea that 'Hunters shouldnt be collectors' and 'you should have a bond with a few pets' and 'more stable slots makes choices meaningless' is ridiculous. If we get the extra space you can simply NOT use them, like you already aren't using the 50 slots. I get if you don't care about getting more slots but to actively say we shouldn't get them, because you don't want them? Come on, how is it hurting you?

You might as well say we should only be allowed to have one mount because then everyone would choose different mounts and not run around on the same few all the time, and it would make the mounts you have more 'meaningful' if you had to destroy the ones you've gotten already to use any new ones. We only need one flying mount anyway, right, so why do we even have the option to get more?

If you don't want to collect hunter pets, great, fine, more power to you. Don't decry me the ability or desire to collect them just because you don't want to. And don't assume that because you don't have enough love for a lot of pets means nobody else does, either!

I agree it's unnecessary to make us pay for a gold sink. Just have a quest that unlocks extra slots when you have filled them all. Everybody wins. People who hate the idea of more stable space never have to see it, and people who want more stable space don't have to pay a ton of gold for it.

EDIT: Another angle for those who don't understand... Some of us have been playing the same Hunter for a very long time. I've been doing so for over eight years. You tend to accumulate things over such a long period of time. I have a lot of memories associated with these pets. Like killing The Lich King with my diseased wolf, helping friends get Ashes of Al'ar with my turtle, spending hours soloing bosses with my cat or my Skoll. Pets that were named by friends I've lost. There's a lot of sentimental value, here, and I want to continue that going forward.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Maybe I'm just reading peoples' tone differently than y'all, but I don't think anyone here is actually against additional slots. I personally don't need them but wouldn't mind them, but I also am not an SB/rare hoarder, and I know a lot of people (both here and as hunters in WoW generally) are. Yes, there are things you can do to make sure that the 50(? I thought it was 55 with the "active" stable) slots we currently have and those have been suggested, but... I don't know. I'm a little uncomfortable with how vehemently the rebuttal to an opinion I haven't really seen has been expressed, unless I missed a post or I'm not reading between the correct lines or something got modded/edited away somewhere :x

I think I would object to a collection-style pet system, which also seems like the "logical extreme" for more stable slots (though I don't think it would happen right away regardless). Imagine picking up a pet to test it, disliking it, but then it always being in your collection and in the dire beast rotation. Bleeeegh. Also, no duplicate pets—you can only have one of each skin because the name is tied to the skin, not the pet. Again, not really a problem for me (though if I had more stable slots I would probably tame some duplicate sporebats to pad out DB some more, rofl) but I know there are people with multiples of some pets who would object to that as well. Then again, you can have up to three battle pets for most battle pets, so maybe that would be sufficient? But then you would still have an "uncollected" list with Baby Winston taunting you that Overwatch isn't available on the Mac every time you see where you need to go battling, so... erp wait, irrelevant bitterness injecting itself, halp!

More slots would be nice. I think I would personally like family abilities to be fixed at a higher priority, but that's definitely a different dev/set of devs, so the two aren't mutually exclusive, and order doesn't really matter that much.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
somnomania

As I said before, in addition to more stable slots, I'd love to see a way to select/exclude certain stabled pets from the DB rotation. I have numerous spirit beast pets that I never use that I'd love to exclude, because they don't really fit my character compared to her others. I'd want something like that if pets turned into a cataloged appearance system, too, so that if I tamed something from a family I don't normally use, to see if I like it or not, it then wouldn't be stuck in the DB rotation forever if I didn't like it.
Draol

Unread post by Draol »

Xella, true, I may be reading too much into peoples' comments. I've been a few arguments lately with people who think that because they as an individual won't make use of a feature, Blizz (or any company) is being wasteful working on it (*cough* pet battles *cough*) and shouldn't implement it at all. I will admit it is a bit of a pet peeve. I'll try to relax a bit.

I agree that it would be nice to have a way to exclude pets from Dire Stables, and in my ideal 'collection' system, that (every pet you've collected being in dire stables) wouldn't happen. I'm imagining something like a Bestiary that you pick up that is full of empty pages, and you can fill it with all the tamed beasts of Azeroth (by taming them, of course). Once you've tamed it, you can go to any stable master to access your 'personal ranch'. This will let you summon, with a whistle, a pet you've collected into your Bestiary. It will be neutral and you can tame it to put it into your stables and/or use in combat. If you don't want it showing up in dire stables or want to tame something else, just 'abandon' it (should be changed to 'release', imo) and if you ever change your mind you can go back to your personal ranch to tame it again.

Barring a collection system, a simple 'favorite pets' system for Dire Stable would work just as well. Like how only your favorited battle pets walked around your Garrison!
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Xella, I dislike it when people brush it off and tell us to be more selective of our pets, or that "were not collectors" and that we should have "bonds" with our pets, as if it's impossible to have 50 pets with sentimental value attached....

I dislike it when people say 50 is more than enough and that we do not need more. They should speak for themselves. I don't know how long they've been playing, but my hunter is over 10 years old. Her name is Mew, after the Pokemon. Every pet I own is named after a Pokémon best suited to it, with the exception of a few. I grew up with the show and to this day I'm a mini pet, pet collecting whore because of it. Or maybe I'm just a pet nut lol... who knows. They certainly don't. And any person who says 50 is enough is more than wrong.

This is one of the reasons my hunter is my main and always will be. I love hunting rare spawns. In fact, during wotlk, I tamed every rare currently in the game and took screenshots. Just cause I was bored at the time.

And as I said I match everything so I need more. All the slots. All of them. Lol gotta catch'm all!
Chya
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chya »

Kinda of guessed the reasoning was cause of Pokemon, was going to make the 'gotta catch them all' as a joke. Turns out it's actually true, pretty sure Blizzard's view on the subject is the opposite of what you wish it to be. I still stand by what I said- we have more then enough. I'm not wrong on this. Curious, how often all those pets with 'sentimental value' attached even get used. After this though, I'm not wasting more time on this topic. You're not going to change how I feel on this, and I'm not going to change how you feel.