7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Re: 7.2.5 & Stable Updates

Unread post by Xylexia »

Lol here we are talking about who is or isn't being grateful for things when people are starving to death in other countries.

Get real. It's just a game. I'm not going to unsub just because they're taking forever to add more slots. I love this game to much. But to imply we're ungrateful is a joke.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

For starters, I will admit to not reading the thread fully and to not having a strong opinion one way or another.

I will welcome and enjoy Blizzard adding more stable slots, but wouldn't give it a second thought if they don't. I suppose I can be called somewhat of a collector - I have chased all Spirit Beasts and most "challenge" tames as well as kept a handful of pets with sentimental attachments to them (like brown Lynx from Ghostlands), but still have quite a few free slots open.

I can easily see where people would want more stable slots, though, considering we just got Mechanicals (among others) and are about to unlock Feathermanes and, perhaps, at some point in the future the horses (they didn't say no, after all, just "no plans yet"). Plus, who knows what kind of tames will come with 7.3, considering its theme?

P.S. What I have strong feelings about is the current state of pets, however, split among Pet Pathing & AI and with only a handful of families being useful in any kind of way and the rest being glorified dots.

TL/DR: I agree with Rikaku.
Draol
Realm: Arthas

Unread post by Draol »

Valnaaros wrote:
That is because it has been happening a lot more recently, and not just with this subject... ...There are many, many more examples, but it cannot be denied that there have been many people either whining about something or acting ungrateful despite all that we have been given.
Wait, are you seriously implying that the people in this topic are being ungrateful by asking for more stable slots? :? Because I would have to respectfully disagree.

You seem to think that, because in your own eyes Blizzard has given us 'special attention' that we should not ask for new things. Particularly that this is 'Blizzard's game' and we should just obey and play along by whatever rules they set.

But asking for things, and complaining about what we see as problems (because they can sometimes not be acknowledged as problems by Blizzard), are forms of feedback. Blizzard relies on us doing so to know what they should do going forward to retain our interest. And doing either of these things do not mean we are 'ungrateful'. Blizzard wants to please the players, after all, that's how they stay in business.

I, personally, only expected Blizzard to add new pet families and rares maybe every expansion or so. Getting them in patches and new rare spawns in every patch is above what I would have asked of them and I commend the devs responsible for doing so. It is the very fact that I am thankful for this content that I want more space in the first place, so I can go out and take advantage of it.

Also, what we dismiss as 'whining' is just complaints that we think are unwarranted. What one person cares about is not the same as what someone else cares about but that doesn't make their complaints less valid on its own.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

Exactly Draol! I love love love this game beyond words. Nothing blizzard can do, or not do, will make me unsub. And the fact that they've put so much effort as it is into challenge tames and rare spawns surprises the heck out of me. They have a dwindling team, yet they're still delivering and spoiling us. But because of all this hunter content we truly do need more slots. I could probably free up one or two more by getting rid of porcupine sb and crystal turtle that I love love dearly. But should I really have to?
nicolalol

Unread post by nicolalol »

If you consider all rare tames as a possible slot to fill, then 50 are not enough. But in my very humble opinion, taming all rares just because they are are rare it's a stupid thing to do. Not all rares got a unique skin for each tame, and by taming that rare, renaming it as the rare name, and keeping it in your slot, you do NOT demostrate to anyone that you tamed that specific rare. Because you could have tamed the non-rare version of the same skin and named it as the rare. You could do that 100% and without any problem. So why, why would anyone do that XD
Draol

Unread post by Draol »

There are more than enough unique rare skins out there to fill up your stables, which is what I mostly have (apart from some old challenge tames I did when they were current, aka the molten spiders, that I won't release even though they're now more common).

http://wow-petopia.com/browse.php?id=collector

This is what most people do, I think.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

No, that isn't what I'm implying. You haven't been reading everything I have said, nor have you read what everyone has said throughout this entire thread. There have been people who have been literally demanding Blizz (Wain pointed this out) to implement more stable slots. This mostly occurred in the first few pages of the thread, but it did happen. That is what I am talking about. We have been given a lot this xpac alone. Further, they have been listening to our concerns in regards to Hunter mechanics. For example, they'll be making two charges for Dire Beast/Frenzy baseline: something that has been asked for since Beta.

Of course we should give feedback, but demanding a feature or "improvement" isn't constructive feedback. Blizz doesn't owe us anything, especially with all that they have done for us. Further, we are one out of twelve classes. They will put far more attention towards the other eleven classes than just towards Hunters. Despite this, they still have given us a lot - far more than any other particular class in terms of special things.
nicolalol wrote:If you consider all rare tames as a possible slot to fill, then 50 are not enough. But in my very humble opinion, taming all rares just because they are are rare it's a stupid thing to do. Not all rares got a unique skin for each tame, and by taming that rare, renaming it as the rare name, and keeping it in your slot, you do NOT demostrate to anyone that you tamed that specific rare. Because you could have tamed the non-rare version of the same skin and named it as the rare. You could do that 100% and without any problem. So why, why would anyone do that XD
That is very true. People don't need to tame every single rare pet out there. There is absolutely no need for that. Aside from a small, small handful of people, most will just take a rare, have it out whilst it is popular, then stash it away in their Stable; rarely to see the light of day.
Draol

Unread post by Draol »

I gave the thread another lookthrough and I fail to see anyone demanding Blizz add more slots. I see suggestions and requests and a lot of "please". The strongest i see is a "We NEED more slots" but that is hardly a 'demand'. You keep saying we're DEMANDING it without there being any actual instances of that happening here, just that you've 'seen it' around. I am fully aware they are listening to our feedback, that is kind of the point, but I would hardly say fixing something that basically every hunter agreed should have been in from the start is worth saying "see, you get special attention".

What do you think a demand is? Because perhaps that is the point we are disagreeing on.

I recognize that a lot of dev time would have to go into a collection feature like I've suggested. And of course we're only 1 class out of so many. I suggest it merely because it solves this "we need more stable slots" problem permanently. I doubt it would take a whole lot of time to increase how much space we have, and I (personally) would happily have that at the expense of blizzard adding more pets until Legion is over.

I think one of the problems here is you keep stating your opinions as if they are absolute fact. "People don't need to tame every pet," "Hunters aren't collectors," "They will just have the rare out for a day and then put it away forever, so they don't need it" etc. They are not. It is subjective to every player what they do and do not want to do. It comes across as if you think anyone asking for stable slots is being ungrateful and demanding and the should just 'get over it' and stop taming pets.
Silivren
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Honestly at this point this thread has devolved into more fighting.

Neither side is going to change the others opinion and going round and round repeating the same stuff over and over seems pointless.

There's a lurker here, we all know it and I'm sure he's read this thread and will pass along everything he's seen to Blizzard. In the end more slots will be added or they wont. If they added more slots I think it should be an extra 25 like they've done in the past. It seems most likely they'd give another 25 if anything.
Last edited by Silivren on Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I think this is just a case of someone being too politically correct Draol. We'll just see how it goes. Everyone's point has been made. It's agree to disagree for now and is in blizzards hands if they're listening such im sure they are lol just a matter of time.
Draol

Unread post by Draol »

Silivren wrote:Honestly at this point this thread has devolved into more fighting.

Neither side is going to change the others opinion and going round and round repeating the same stuff over and over seems pointless.
Agreed. I do honestly want to understand, but it doesn't seem like it's going to go anywhere.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A lot of the posts that were in a more serious, demanding tone were either edited or deleted. Wain even made mention of people making requests for more stable slots in a rude or demanding manner.

It is not only my opinion, but that shared by many others on this forum. The facts is, you do not have to collect every rare pet implemented. Is it required you do? Is something making you? No, you are choosing to fill up your stables with every rare pet you can get. Further, it is very true that most people will tame the "popular" pet (Gon or Spectral Gryphon) then put them away and never use them again. I'm not wrong in that
regard.

I myself have been maining a Hunter since Vanilla. I have many pets that I have collected over the years and have a nearly full stable. However, am I begging for more slots? No. If they gice us more, wonderful, but it would ultimately would be a short term solution.

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. Should we collect pets? Yes, but we shouldn't be collecting (nor should we be able to) every rare or unique pet out there.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Wain even made mention of people making requests for more stable slots in a rude or demanding manner.
No, I didn't :)

Paraphrasing, I said this was a feature that certainly didn't warrant demanding behaviour, but it was still a worthy request.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

My apologies then. It came across, to me, that you were referencing demanding or rude behavior that had transpired previously in the thread.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Valnaaros wrote:A lot of the posts that were in a more serious, demanding tone were either edited or deleted. Wain even made mention of people making requests for more stable slots in a rude or demanding manner.

It is not only my opinion, but that shared by many others on this forum. The facts is, you do not have to collect every rare pet implemented. Is it required you do? Is something making you? No, you are choosing to fill up your stables with every rare pet you can get. Further, it is very true that most people will tame the "popular" pet (Gon or Spectral Gryphon) then put them away and never use them again. I'm not wrong in that
regard.

I myself have been maining a Hunter since Vanilla. I have many pets that I have collected over the years and have a nearly full stable. However, am I begging for more slots? No. If they gice us more, wonderful, but it would ultimately would be a short term solution.

Perhaps I phrased it wrong. Should we collect pets? Yes, but we shouldn't be collecting (nor should we be able to) every rare or unique pet out there.

Why not? Isn't that part of the point of collecting rare pets? Why should I have to decide between two pets I like? I'd like more slots, but I'm not being rude to anyone. I've also been a hunter since vanilla. No one is forcing you to not fill up your stable. Plenty of folks would love more stable slots, just as there are some who don't mind either way. So what if someone tames a pet and doesn't use it for awhile? Does that mean they deserve less stable space?
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You can collect every pet if you so choose. But the consequence of that is that you will run out of room. If, say, Blizz gave us 25 more slots tomorrow, there would be people that would immediately fill them up. Then, soon after, be wanting more. It is their choice to fill up their stable, and thus the consequence is theirs.

That isn't my intent at all, nor am I condescending. You don't have to like or agree with my opinion, but don't launch personal attacks (which, despite your disclaimer, is). There have been some on these forums that have complained or act entitled in regards to recent changes or additions. Fenryr, the Pup, the two most recent Spirit Beasts, Feathermanes, etc. You can go back and take a look at those threads for yourself.

There are many others, both veterans and newcomers, on these forums that have agreed with what I have said and share similar stances.

Of course pets are a huge part of the class. If I didn't know or care about that, I wouldn't even be here. Further, I am not necessarily against more slots, but it wouldn't be a solution.

I've said my piece plenty of times now in regards to this subject, as have many others. There really isn't anything more to say, so I most likely won't comment further here unless wareented.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I also apologize for sounding belligerent and rude. I have PM'd a moderator to remove my posts. I am very happy I got a pink moth pet today. It's kinda rad. And I am excited for MEOWLS in June.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've cleaned up the last page or so of this thread, somewhat. There is nothing of value being added here, just a lot of aggressive defense. I won't close the thread but I would recommend that any contributors who have had their say consider whether they are adding anything new before posting further.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Xylexia »

I think when I mentioned that in wotlk I tamed every rare just because I could was taken a bit too seriously D: To clarify, was bored. I don't need or want every rare. It was just a challenge and fun thing to do :D I do love and have most of the challenge tames however, excluding the porcupines. Would really hate to have to release any of those, especially since some are rare AND a challenge. That's why I'm reluctant to release any more pets since they've all involved some sort of time sink and releasing them would be like throwing hours of your life away for nothing :( hopefully the 4 or 5 slots I have will be enough for a while!
whuumper
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by whuumper »

As a very serious collector.Simply look at the amount of appearance buff pets.We tamed plus add in all the other rares and families.
An Yes, more slots.Lets not go rocket science.An have levels of how much gold nor a quest.
Simply bigger stable.We have enough going on.No need to complicate.
oil stain bird takes a spot
oil stain wolf takes a spot
etc,etc ,etc...So more spots more families to use also overall.