Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Zinrar
Realm: Burning Blade (US)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Zinrar »

Name: Marinating
Level: 110
Exotics: No
Restrictions: No Exotics otherwise go crazy =P
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Nessixo(Amally):
Red and Grey Spiked Wind Serpent

::OR:: (Just in case it's not there/takes a while to pop up)

Yellow Corehound
Completely up to you which you choose to pursue; it's not normal to get two rolls, but I know I have little patience for camping rares, especially low level ones so I wanted to make sure you had options. :)

Zinrar(Marinating):
(Not gonna lie, your hunter's name gave me a chuckle. :lol:)
Orange Beetle

Happy hunting folks! :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nessixo
Realm: Stormrage EU

Unread post by Nessixo »

I went to the spot where Anith the Wind Serpent lurks in time to see the poor thing dead, however, later on his twin Ra (named after Egyptian sun God) did appear ;)
Ra is now tamed and there will be more to come as I complete my journey through Suramar and pray that my sanity stays intact.

(I so fail at taking screenshots, please ignore the fact that he has big red writing Anith over his head.)
WoWScrnShot_042217_003447.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042217_003447.jpg (418.21 KiB) Viewed 15429 times
Bendybend
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Bendybend »

Name: Tarrie
Level: 67
Exotics: Yes! Exotics are beautiful. ;-;
Restrictions: None at all!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bendybend(Tarrie):
Orange Spiked Crab

Happy Hunting!

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bendybend

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Bendybend(Tarrie):
Orange Spiked Crab

Happy Hunting!
Oh, such a gorgeous crab! I have him tamed and some screenies taken, but I'll be a bit with the reply. Going to make a long story about him.
Bendybend

The Tale of Scurvy
Tarrie made her trek to Swamp of Sorrows to tame the Spiked Orange Crab. After tripping up on the rocks and corpses of the fallen Giblen, she found it. The crab of her dreams. Raising her hand to the crustacean, it locked eyes with her. Claws flew up, ready to strike, but lowered as the bond between them grew stronger. After a few seconds, the cave filled with a bright flash of light ... and Tarrie saw the crab proudly scrabble its way to her side. The little Gnome patted the spiked back of her new companion, and whispered gently to the crab, "Welcome home, Scurvy."

After a hasty retreat to Dalaran, Tarrie brought Scurvy to the light. The cave had given his colors no justice, but in the bright sunlight of Dalaran, he turned out to be gorgeous. The dark browns mixed well with the vibrant orange that covered his body. The spikes were well formed, but not the point to where it gave him a rather medieval weapon look. While he idled, Tarrie seemed to notice that his much larger claw tended to dip in the ground, as if he was trying to scoop up any dirt or debris to mindlessly chew on.

ImageImage

Deciding it was time to go venture off into the wilderness of Howling Fjord, the adventerous Gnome took her new friend to the remote island just off the west shore. Trying ever so hard to not be noticed by the wolves, the duo found their target. With a swift charge and a smack of the claw, they were in combat. Smack after bite, the beast fell, and Scurvy gave it once last smack for good measure. Pleased with his tenacity to fend off enemies from his new owner, he made his way back to her side. However, after seeing one of the wolves run towards Tarrie without warning, he quickly hid himself in the brushes a few yards off.

ImageImage

With a quick ride towards the waters, Scurvy insisted the two take a quick swim. Despite Tarrie's pleading, they plummeted into the icy waters, and 'attempted' to cool off. Watching him pull himself with his claws was a rather adorable sight, the icy waters became too much for the fighting pair, so they swam to shore. The sun quickly dried the two, while Tarrie debated where they were to adventure off to next.

Exchanging coin for flight fare, the dynamic duo arrived in Dragonblight. Even though the skies no longer brought vibrancy to her new friend, Tarrie still loved him all the same. He had grown attached to her rather quickly, and wanted to be with her at all times. No matter where she went, the little clicking feet of Scurvy were not long behind. Unsure of what was in store for them in the future, they made a silent agreement that they wouldn't go without one another.

Overall, I plan on keeping Scurvy. He goes well with her look, and he's quite the character. I'm loving the bond that we made, no matter how quick it is.

Name: Tarrie
Level: 72
Exotics: Yes! Exotics are beautiful. ;-;
Restrictions: None at all!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Scurvy is such an adorable name for that crab! It really is perfect. And I loved your verb, "scrabble". Very enjoyable read!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Bendybend

Rhyela wrote:Scurvy is such an adorable name for that crab! It really is perfect. And I loved your verb, "scrabble". Very enjoyable read!
Thank you. :3 My sister and I were debating on either Barley or Scurvy ... Scurvy fit because he's orange. I'm glad that I could entertain you with Tarrie's adventure with him! I'll do an update with the duo once they venture unto Pandaria territory. I'm slowly making my way through Northrend.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh my goodness, I too love Scurvy's name and the story you gave him! I have not seen that crab around and your screenshot of him in Dalaran makes that color look so pretty.

Bendybend(Tarrie):
Vulture

[/center]
Bendybend

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Oh my goodness, I too love Scurvy's name and the story you gave him! I have not seen that crab around and your screenshot of him in Dalaran makes that color look so pretty.

Bendybend(Tarrie):
Vulture
Scurvy hasn't left my side since I tamed him. He's only hid away once, but that was because of a nasty orc that decided to whack me upside the head in Grizzly Hills.
I'll work on the vulture challenge as soon as I find a safe time to start it off. Can't wait to see what I come up with this time!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I look forward to it. :) And feel free to take time as needed to write these so you don't give yourself burnout. :)

[/center]
Bendybend

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I look forward to it. :) And feel free to take time as needed to write these so you don't give yourself burnout. :)
I couldn't bring myself to do this one. Could I ask for a re-roll, please?
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Mehira »

Name: Cassara
Level: 110
Exotics: Highly welcomed!
Restrictions: I have had most, if not all, of the spirit beasts at one point. I still have some of them.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Bendybend wrote:I couldn't bring myself to do this one. Could I ask for a re-roll, please?
I'm curious as to why? Part of the "challenge" is taming things you probably normally wouldn't. I got stuck with a worm on one of my hunters and it was...meh. But still, the whole idea is trying out something new! You never know, maybe you'll enjoy it? :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My guess is aversion to the fleshy looking head and tail bits; I know there's a few other hunters who have really bad reactions to that type of vulture for that reason. However, if it's not like a severe reaction and it's just "I don't like this pet" then yeah, it's encouraged you do the challenge anyway and report on why you don't like the pet. A reroll will be provided this time just in case.

Mehira: I don't really understand your restrictions. There's a pretty prominent note on the front page about how if you're rolled a pet you have, to please report on it anyway and showcase with everyone why you like/love that pet. And even if you're given a spirit beast roll, there is always an alternative roll provided because spirit beasts are always rare, and tend to have long timers, so if camping for one again just doesn't float your boat, you'll always be given another option.

Bendybend(Tarrie):
Blue Moth With Green Wings

::OR::

Dark Grey Monkey

Mehira(Cassara):
Grey Hyena

Happy Hunting! :D

[/center]
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Mehira »

In Loving Memory

Giggler.
Did she read that correctly?
Who in their right mind would name a hyena, or any creature for that matter, Giggler? Perhaps they weren't in their right mind?

Despite the questions about the name of the beast, Cassara had her mind set on taming it. Just like any other creature she had previously set out to tame, she gathered up her supplies and made her way to Giggler's home of Desolace. Using The Last Relic of Argus, she took a chance and hoped she would be at least teleported to Kalimdor. Upon opening her eyes, she noticed she was not on Kalimdor, but in the ruined statue overlooking Booty Bay. Silently cursing her luck, she mounted up on her hippogryph and headed for the boat which just so happened to be leaving.

The flight over to the wastelands of Desolace was very uneventful. Perhaps this was going to be a quick tame after all? After dropping one of her pets off at the stable master in Nijel Point, she made her way to the place where Giggler was said to roam about.

The first spot provided nothing, not even a hair of the grey hyena.

Second area had nothing but basilisks and a carrion bird.

Giving her hippogryph a break atop a dead tree, she looked out to see no sign of Giggler.

Other places where he was spotted also proved unfruitful.

Never one to give up, she looked to see if there were any other hyenas with Giggler's coloration nearby. Luckily, she saw that there were ones in Uldum, with the warning to people to be careful as they were rabid. Scoffing, she packed herself up, mounted her trusty hippogryph, and headed for the sandy reaches of Uldum.

She almost had to stop in Feralas to let her mount see friends and family, but decided against it. She was going to tame this hyena today.

She made it to Uldum, and after flying around for a little, she managed to find one that seemed particularly interesting.

Grabbing his attention was easy as she ran across the sand dunes toward her target. As he made his way toward her, she paused and tilted her head. His coloring reminded her of an old dog she used to have. Remembering him caused her eyes to well with tears, and she raised her hand as he tried to attack her. "Calm down, I'm not here to hurt you," she whispered, though the hyena didn't listen and leapt around her. After a few moments of heated battle, the grey creature stopped it's attack, blinking at Cassara curiously.

"There is a good boy," Cassara patted the hyena's head, and smiled. "I will name you Bo. After my old dog. You look a little like him." The hyena sat down on the hot sand, scratching behind his ear just as Hati appeared to give him the once over. The wolf made raptor growled softly in approval of the new friend, and Cassara made up her mind. Bo would be a permanent part of her collective team.

Standing on the sand in Uldum can take it's toll on one's feet, so they ran a bit before heading back to the Broken Shore to kill some demon scum.

Looking out across the Broken Shore with Bo, Hati, and Nighthuntress Syrenne.

- - -

So, despite it being a hyena, I think I'm growing fond of Bo. The "rrnnnn" the hyena's make when running toward an enemy is adorable and I can't bring myself to part with him. Normally it's not a pet I would go for, but I think he'll accompany me in place of my mechanical rabbit for the time being.
As for spirit beasts, it's mostly because I work long hours at times and can't dedicate to camping. I don't mind showing off my spirit beasts, though. :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah, you'd never be asked to go for a spirit beast without a back up option because camping for those guys can be a real pain. :)

Loved your story with your hyena, very cute. That dead tree you landed on looks like a hand. :lol:

If you want to do another one, just toss me up the form again. :)

[/center]
Mehira
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Mehira »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Yeah, you'd never be asked to go for a spirit beast without a back up option because camping for those guys can be a real pain. :)

Loved your story with your hyena, very cute. That dead tree you landed on looks like a hand. :lol:

If you want to do another one, just toss me up the form again. :)

It DOES look like a hand. I just realized that. ._.'

I should have quite a few stable slots left so, why not?

Name - Cassara
Level - 110
Exotics - Sure thing ~!
Restrictions - None.

Let's see what you come up with for me this time. :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Mehira(Cassara):
Saddled Black Worg

[/center]