I got Gon! (Spirit Raptor!)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Khadgar

I got Gon! (Spirit Raptor!)

Unread post by Raloth »

Hi all! About an hour ago I flew into Orgrimmar and found that NO one was waiting for the spectral egg to spawn, so I parked myself there and began the wait.

Then at roughly 9:48 realm time, Khadgar server, the egg spawned and I tamed the raptor...I love this pet already! I was amazed....and grateful that the other two hunters who came to wait after me let me have him! :D

Thought I'd include the time I got him so those of you who still want him will have a rough idea of when he might pop up next..and good luck! :)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_050617_074215.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050617_074215.jpg (376.59 KiB) Viewed 3908 times
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: I got Gon! (Spirit Raptor!)

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Grats! I didn't like Gon when I first saw it come out but now that I got it, its all I use. Really surprised how well I ended up liking it. BTW your Hati is cheesing it up like a big ol ham in that pic lol
Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Raloth »

Haha..yeah..I realized after I took it what hati was doing. Thanks all..I hope I'm lucky and the alliance are nice to me someday when I try to go for the Gryphon heh :)
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Congratulations!

I find that I get more comments about Gon from other players than I do about the spectral gryphon, even though I don't see many hunters with the gryphon, especially Horde hunters.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Congratulations on your new companion.

What sort of timer is that egg on? I don't know if I have the patience to camp him, but he is most definitely attractive.

Oh, and I suspect the "more comments about Gon" than the gryphon might be because, well, gryphons are so.. Alliance? I don't know, it's a guess. While I find the gryphon very pretty, I don't find it appealing as a companion because it has too many associations with Alliance for me.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Raloth »

I only know it's a few hours..not sure on the specifics. I'd love to have the Gryphon, but I'm pretty sure I'd be killed alot waiting for it XD
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Raloth wrote:I only know it's a few hours..not sure on the specifics. I'd love to have the Gryphon, but I'm pretty sure I'd be killed alot waiting for it XD
While I'm sure it varies by server, I was actually able to wait on the hill just above the lake in Stormwind on my Tauren hunter without getting attacked. When I was trying to get Gon, I didn't bother the Alliance hunters I'd see there camping for him.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Congrats! :) I tamed the Lost Spectral Gryphon this morning and Gon last week.

Remember - if you have a hard time finding them, you can always aim for restarts, which is what I did. Be the first to log on (you have to be on your game in the logging in, if it fails, try again, etc.) and the egg/feather will be up.

If anything, I'd suggest trying that for the opposite faction one.
Raloth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Raloth »

Thanks for the tips!

I myself also leave opposing faction hunters alone if they are waiting for a pet too. It's only right. I'd want to be treated the same you know?
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

Raloth wrote:Thanks for the tips!

I myself also leave opposing faction hunters alone if they are waiting for a pet too. It's only right. I'd want to be treated the same you know?
Fellow hunters aren't a problem. It's the damn alliance Demon Hunters and Deathknights siting on the nest waiting for any horde hunters to show up.

I don't know how so many 110 DHs/DKs have so much free time as to be sitting there so often.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

There was a survival hunter and some human male paladins near it on MG. I really don't know what it is with human dude paladins that they see everything in life as a nail. Maybe it is because the light gave them a hammer.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Obviously, it's gonna vary by server, but SW was pretty quiet when I hung around looking for the gryphon feather. Fortunately, aside from the occasional Alliance hunter camping and Whatshisname Jaxon patrolling around, there wasn't really anyone around most of the time. I just sat quietly on the hillside by the lake.

Honestly, I think most folks heading to/from the flight master are in tunnel vision mode and don't even look off to the side.