Poll: Should Blizz lock a pet tame behind raiding or pvp?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Should Blizz lock a hunter pet tame behind raiding/pvp?

Yes
23%
No
77%

Total votes: 48

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Poll: Should Blizz lock a pet tame behind raiding or pv

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Shelassa wrote:I'm surprised there are no hunter pets locked behind the reputation yet. Closest being Skarr and Karkin, requiring Molten Front quests done to a certain point to be able to access their areas.
Or Jandvik Ripfangs who were locked out of tame once you did enough quests in Suramar * still salty *
There is a blue (or is it purple - I'm colourblind so it could go either way) quilen that can only be tamed in Kun Lai Summit at a certain point in rep/questing.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

I'm ok with not getting everything. Something being gated isn't a big deal. People having things others can't get is fine.

Pets being gated behind something that doesn't REQUIRE you to solo it also means you can get help. Even if you don't have friends. Nice people here wouldn't mind helping you get, say, Lalathin, one bit at all.

I don't see the issue.

Now, PvP? Different story. I feel like the poll would be different if that bit was removed. I still voted yes, because I don't think I should own every thing in this entire game. It just makes it bland. It also gives me a reason to work harder, though.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Definitely voting against any group/raid/PvP content for pets.

I've just had the most annoying time trying to get groups together to do quests for my Class Halls on different toons. The queue times are ridiculously long, sometimes, no time is marked and you can sit there with a queue going for over an hour.
If Blizz. can make it this annoying to do obligatory stuff in the fame, then I sure as sh*t don't want them making optional stuff impossibly difficult to do.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

NazzyDragon wrote:I'm ok with not getting everything. Something being gated isn't a big deal. People having things others can't get is fine.

Pets being gated behind something that doesn't REQUIRE you to solo it also means you can get help. Even if you don't have friends. Nice people here wouldn't mind helping you get, say, Lalathin, one bit at all.

I don't see the issue.

Now, PvP? Different story. I feel like the poll would be different if that bit was removed. I still voted yes, because I don't think I should own every thing in this entire game. It just makes it bland. It also gives me a reason to work harder, though.

That honestly depends. Some folks are in small or no guilds. Forming random groups can be problematic at times. There's also the fact that most raids have at least 1-2 hunters and that's on the low end.

I get that people can't get everything, but there are plenty of issues with regard to raid tameables. Sure, you can go back later/after an expac, but it might be tough when you can accidentally kill the pet with an autoshot.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Novikova wrote:
NazzyDragon wrote:I'm ok with not getting everything. Something being gated isn't a big deal. People having things others can't get is fine.

I don't see the issue.

That honestly depends. Some folks are in small or no guilds. Forming random groups can be problematic at times. There's also the fact that most raids have at least 1-2 hunters and that's on the low end.

I get that people can't get everything, but there are plenty of issues with regard to raid tameables. Sure, you can go back later/after an expac, but it might be tough when you can accidentally kill the pet with an autoshot.
Hence why I said some nice people offer to help less fortunate get raid tames quite often. It won't be hard to get at all, trust me. You can even find me on US Horde if you want some help down the line. I got you.

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Kojjiro
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Kojjiro »

I vote yes and heres why:

When a pet such as the Gryphon is released and I being Horde, the tame is a point of pride...a "Look what I did" thing if you will.
If its easy to do whats the point of running around with a pet that nearly anyone can get. As soon as I found out it was going to be difficult if not impossible to tame the Gryphon being Horde, I made it a personal quest to have it in the first 3-4 days it was out...and I did...the feeling of running around with a pet thats that hard to obtain, from an opposite factions flight point thats being camped by them constantly was a rush.

I'd like to see more difficult tames like this.

I also had Lightning Paw on the first day it was out so yea...I like hard tames.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

Niabi wrote:
Shelassa wrote:TL;DR: Locking tames behind something is fine, as long as that "something" can be approached by people individually and on their terms (solo challenge, item, reputation, tracking, trick tame, etc.)
I agree with this statement and pretty much for this reason alone, I am also casting my vote for "No".
I also voted no and agree with this too.

Locking a pet skin behind pvp wouldn't be fun, especially on a realm like Moon Guard. Which had pvp guilds gank squad camping at the spectral gryphon spawn that weren't even hunters so they could kill whatever horde showed up.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Zalani wrote:
Niabi wrote:
Shelassa wrote:TL;DR: Locking tames behind something is fine, as long as that "something" can be approached by people individually and on their terms (solo challenge, item, reputation, tracking, trick tame, etc.)
I agree with this statement and pretty much for this reason alone, I am also casting my vote for "No".
I also voted no and agree with this too.

Locking a pet skin behind pvp wouldn't be fun, especially on a realm like Moon Guard. Which had pvp guilds gank squad camping at the spectral gryphon spawn that weren't even hunters so they could kill whatever horde showed up.
Yeah, that was 'fun'.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
PrimalTazza
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by PrimalTazza »

If it was something like the oil we can get from Alcaz now, say you get a certain raiding or whatever and you're able to purchase something from a vendor that allows you to "enchant" your pet with a cosmetic effect like again, the oil, maybe an eye glow, maybe something like the Hati electrical effects or a slightly misty aura. But a model/skin? That's pushing it.

Art of my character Tazza by Isei! http://isei-silva.tumblr.com