Gon being unresponssive like Hati?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Gon being unresponssive like Hati?

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Hey guys

I just tamed Gon today and of course I was totally thrilled and happy about my new friend I named "Tau" as BM. That said the joy didn't last as I took out to venture the world with " Tau". Since the first things I did was running old content I didn't notice the issue as things die to fast before any pets in general react though once I went to do some WQ and daily content in Broken Isles the issue became apparent tight away. Gon simply doesn't listen to commands, acts up like Hati if not worse, stands still, run, off in the opposite direction than the mob(s) I'm fighting! =(
I just wanna know if you guys have encountered similar issues with Gon and/or the new SB gryphon as well?

And is your Gon bigger than a normal raptor in general and does he get devilsaur huge during beastial wrath?! (Might just not be me recalling tamed raptor sizes well, since I haven't had one in ages tbh as I had to let it go to make room for something else! )

Before anyone asks: I have tried dimissing, relogging etc. but well yeah "Tau" unfortunately remains out of reach! =/ Even if he might be bugged I've decided to keep him as I don't have the time to camp and stalk the citizens of orgrimmar in general, I ofc just won't use him as I intended because of him being Hati 2.0!

Anyways just curious if anyone had similar issues!=)

Edit: Wain you forgot to edit one word! And sorry where I come from the word I used isn't looked upon as badly and is used in other contexts, so I apologize if I offended anyone as it wasn't my intention.
Last edited by Täräin13 on Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Gon being unresponssive like Hati?

Unread post by Wain »

Post edited for a word that we don't use here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

As for size, Gon actually is bigger than average raptors, he's almost old Devilsaur size. He does get pretty big during BW as well. I actually love the giant size, since Devilsaurs are a bit too noisy for my tastes but their size is always fun to send charging at enemies.

As for responsiveness, my Gon hasn't had any of those issues. That's weird that he's that unresponsive o_O I haven't even had Hati do that "awkward pathing to the enemy" in awhile (other than being slow to charge in initially and slow to engage and attack).

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I wonder if it's an issue that is related to hati, as the problem seems to come and go and makes it hard to pin down or troubleshoot. Whatever the cause they seem to have done "something" in Legion that has caused major intermittent issues with pet systems. Maybe it's linked to their changes to pathing, which have been really problematic, and continue to be so every time new content comes out (notice the new batch of evading things in 7.2?). Maybe it's linked to server issues, which are perhaps the cause in delays for Hati at times. Whatever the cause it's really hard to pin down when the problem is intermittent.

Give Gon a few days and see if it's constant. Maybe it'll be gone the next day. It's possible it's just a coincidence and it could have happened to any of your pets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

As for size, Gon actually is bigger than average raptors....

Ah ok, just thought/feared it was a bug maybe related to how he currently acts up for me!

I haven't even had Hati do that "awkward pathing to the enemy"

To be honest he runs to the enemy and then he flees like a coward.... on enemies without fearing abilities! XD

....linked to their changes to pathing, which have been really problematic....

yeah don't get me started on that one... Only some higher entity knows how many times my faithful companions have ended up stuck and "frozen" somewhere, even places which doesn't make sense! ^^;

But yeah I'll give him a few days and see, but none of the older pets I tried out did the same number as he did and currently does "consistently" aside the usual pathing issue from time to time. But well it doesn't matter as due to his size he won't become my raid companion anyways so he'll be a PVE friend instead. =) - and yes I know of the glyph but I prefer not to use it! ^^;
Dysphoria
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Dysphoria »

If you could grab a quick bit of video showing the issue affecting Gon (and then switch to another pet that is unaffected), that would be really helpful! You can even submit the video link to Blizz on their bug forum to get some direct action with any luck.
Täräin13
Petopia Artist

Dysphoria wrote:If you could grab a quick bit of video showing the issue affecting Gon (and then switch to another pet that is unaffected), that would be really helpful! You can even submit the video link to Blizz on their bug forum to get some direct action with any luck.
I unfortunately don't have a video programme to do so nor the time to actually set it up and hope that the random behavior during fights get triggered and show the weirdness I have witnessed so far.
That said however after reading briefly through another post on this forum with issues regarding pets attacking already dead mobs etc., got me thinking that their issues sound an awfully a lot like mine with Gon. So perhaps, even if it's so far only been Gon acting up in my case at least, this might actually be my issue as well. Either way it's no biggie regardless as I already mentioned Gon will be a PVE friend as I prefer smaller pets during raiding rather than planting a huge devilsaur or a clefthoof on top of our melee group and tanks! This thread was merely because I wanted to know if other people had encountered similar issues and apparently it seems so, just with other pets and I guess I have just been lucky to only have issues with Gon rather than all my pets/ in this case "test objects" including the spectral gryphon I tamed this morning!

So case closed I guess! =)
NazzyDragon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream (US)

Unread post by NazzyDragon »

Täräin13 wrote:
Dysphoria wrote:If you could grab a quick bit of video showing the issue affecting Gon (and then switch to another pet that is unaffected), that would be really helpful! You can even submit the video link to Blizz on their bug forum to get some direct action with any luck.
I unfortunately don't have a video programme to do so nor the time to actually set it up and hope that the random behavior during fights get triggered and show the weirdness I have witnessed so far.
That said however after reading briefly through another post on this forum with issues regarding pets attacking already dead mobs etc., got me thinking that their issues sound an awfully a lot like mine with Gon. So perhaps, even if it's so far only been Gon acting up in my case at least, this might actually be my issue as well. Either way it's no biggie regardless as I already mentioned Gon will be a PVE friend as I prefer smaller pets during raiding rather than planting a huge devilsaur or a clefthoof on top of our melee group and tanks! This thread was merely because I wanted to know if other people had encountered similar issues and apparently it seems so, just with other pets and I guess I have just been lucky to only have issues with Gon rather than all my pets/ in this case "test objects" including the spectral gryphon I tamed this morning!

So case closed I guess! =)
If you can, get GifCam & put wow in windowed/windowed (fullscreen) and take a gif. GifCam is totally free, so, no worries. Small file size as well.

NEVER had this issue outside of hati (though I do main survival, so... not sure how helpful that is).

(Click image for Hunter!)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Täräin13
Petopia Artist

If you can, get GifCam & put wow in windowed/windowed (fullscreen) and take a gif. GifCam is totally free, so, no worries. Small file size as well.

NEVER had this issue outside of hati (though I do main survival, so... not sure how helpful that is).
Thanks for the info! File and programme size/demands are not really an issue as my 3½ gamer com still runs the majority of games and programmes well, it's just me being lazy and not having the time to mess around with extra "burdens so to to speak!
Like I said I was merely curious if others had had same issue with Gon as it was driving me nuts that day. However I can report that last night he acted normally during some WQs which again makes me think it's related to the same issue people have with other pets and I just got unlucky that it affected my newly tamed Gon for a while and that I have just been lucky that he so far has been the only pet I have that acted up like that!

Anyways thanks for the replies and tips, all much appreciated!=)