Ark: Survival Evolved

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Ark: Survival Evolved

Unread post by Ana »

My Indominus can stealth!!

I LOOOOOVE trap boats.. got myself another Indominus Rex, two omega Rexes and two alpha Rexes. Male Indominus named Skævtand which is Danish for Croocked Teeth, The female just named Growl. The Omegas Tiny (Male) and Stumpy (Female), and because I wanted to do a Petopian tribute and because you cant dye Omegas, My two alpha rexes are named Skorn (Male) and Vephriel (Female). Veph i hope i got close to Skorns colors :D

Skorn without and with saddle - and yes i dyed his belly gray :D

Vephriel without and with saddle

Both before pictures are in the rain so bit hard to see colors but I hope I got close :mrgreen: :hug:

Ohh and I also managed to catch a fish. I think this one is the one for Oil grinding.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Love those SS's Tarn. I think the Skorn /Veph rexes match VERY well.

So I have a question hopefully anyone can answer.
If I start playing on another unofficial server with a bunch of mods does the Prim+ server try to load those mods too?
If so could it be seen as cheating?

I wouldn't mind trying a modded server but not at the expense of being able to play my prim+ character.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'm not having any issues other than having to reload the game when switching servers from prim+ and vice versa.
I don't think they'd allow people to mod or set up servers with mods if it's considered cheating and both servers have battleeye installed, the mods on Gov's server seems to be mostly building stuff.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ehmm good question. I have to select which mods I run when i start up my ndedicated server.. so no clue... maybe ask on steam? sometimes ppl are very helpfull there

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Oh, if it's Cementing Paste you need, I have a lot from raising beaver dams. That should be in my Smithy and/or Table next to it. Might have more in the house as well.

As far as mod servers, I believe it should load only what is appropriate for the server you're on. I don't remember how they work exactly as I've never used any for ARK.
Nefretiti

I have a stego and an ankylo for Aleu as well as the shark if she wants it and a parasaur.

I raided some dams myself, all the sharks have saddles now. I'll leave them unclaimed just inside my gates

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Another update expected may 30th https://youtu.be/gVRNb4E3XDI

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, Tarn! <3 :hug: That's so sweet of you, I'm touched. ;u; I haven't played this game myself yet but I've seen it around and I love the dinosaurs! Thank you for the lovely tribute. :D
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Sorry for delayed reply here RL and stuff got in the way!^^; - including the fact I also ended up buying ARK and for one who always hated survival games.... I have never had so much fun dying like an idiot while figuring the game out.... This includes my very first death which was an replica of Dennis Nedry's death in Jurassic Park (the movie... I can't recall if he dies or lives in the book atm! T-T;). And when that happened I was crying with laughter because I love dinos too much apparently to care for my life!XD

I currently play easy mode single player to learn the game mechanics and to explore for general info! =)

hehe I got mods which color my dinos in weird colors so dont see my screenshots as the normal.. plus i got my own server so I mod paint then :lol:
yeah I figured that out! XD Btw as a black and purple lover I must say your skins for Skorn and Vephriel looks awesome! =)

Sorry I completely forgot to reply to this. I'll get them soon as I'm in game next. The red /white colors are on only alphas. Which you will see but they also display a fiery fog like effect all over their bodies which I believe creates a rage buff on the dinos around it. The alphas are​ not tamable on official servers so you wouldn't see someone with one. I'll see if I get lucky and get a SS of a alpha too but they usually don't last on our server. They drop extremely good loot and the higher the level the more prime meat. A coveted kill they are.
Since Ms Tarn runs her own server she's able to do her own thing regarding colors and tame alphas.
Ah I see, thanks for the info!=) and no worries I was busy myself so didn't have time to get back right away!^^;
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh i HATE first person view games.. yet this game has really captured me. I dont mind dying either heh. Most of all I enjoy only having animals to "fight" I know some mods add Orcs in the game but thats to me is just plain silly. I like that is animal only. And the game is so super pretty. Lots to explore and lots of extra maps which ppl are making. I personally cant wait til the Ragnarok map is done. I LOVED the Valhalla map so really looking forward to see the Ragnarok done.

I´ve added a few more teeth to my collection

Blackie - male (Which I think I need to repaint and rename)

Alba - female

Magma - female, Fire BadAss Rex

Needs a name; suggestions welcome :) male. Mountain BadAss Rex.

Also Need of a name; suggestions welcome :) Poison BadAss Rex; also male

Aaand Last but not least, Coolio - male, Ice BadAssRex

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Well, in 51 mins I should have us a Quetz. That's if someone doesn't claim it first. Although I'm sitting right under it waiting. There's a few other things here that I might grab, but not sure. Honestly I will have to park the Quetz in someone else's place as mine is nowhere near big enough for the beast, if I get it.

There's two beavers, one is skunk stripped so I might grab it and see if it's male or female. Three Ovis, which might be useful to have. A Doed, Anky, two Ptera, an Oviraptor, an Argy, Theriz, Allo (will grab for Zed), and two Rex. Oh, and two dodo, lol. Think there's a rex outside, too. I'm not going to grab it all because I think most of us have pairs of these already. I'm just going to grab the useful stuff.

Edit:
Got the Quetz, three sheep, a skunky beaver which turned out to be female, the oviraptor, an Allo (giving Zed her 3 pack bonus!), and the Argy which I used to load the Quetz. Was going to release it again, but brought it with anyway.

Edit:
Yeah, just screw ARK right now. This is more than I need right now. I was practically on the verge of a panic attack all last night which is why I kept going afk. Then it's just the same old bs. Found a perfect level 20 Female Bary, black body, white belly and top stripes. There were 3 in total, but the other two weren't perfect. So I killed one off. Try to kill the second one off and he just chain fucking stuns me AND my wolf. Over, and over, and over. And because we're stunned right next to each other.. everytime it catches both of us. IN THE WATER. So I'm slowly drowning, manage to get up for air a little bit because getting stunned again, but it's a freaking futile fight. I finally get far enough away to let my wolf attack it but it's too late. I pass out for god knows what reason so even when the stun wears off I can't do anything. I drown. So I hop on Dion and fly back over. My wolf is still in the water, the Bary is dead. So I quick grab my stuff from my corpse and look around. The female is nowhere in sight. Probably died to attacking too many herbies.. who knows. She's gone.

Well, there's now a level 5 male Spino with a gray/blue body and blue fin. Ok.. that's a fair trade. I try to get his attention and of course, nope. Everything else is better looking. That 100+ turtle? Yep, let's attack that. That other 100+ thing? That, too. And this continues... as I'm trying my damndest to kill the crap he's attacking and not hit him. My wolf is taking a beating from him as he chomps whatever he's attacking. No matter what he will not follow me. Gets himself killed to a 125 turtle. Thanks.

And to just be told, "you either just deal with it or it crushes you" is not exactly what I want to hear. Sorry. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll probably just be right back on later getting everything I want killed by wanting it, but I logged for now.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Bah sorry for you Siela.. i just lost one of my indominus rex's to a primal alpha giga....
Im glad you got a Quatzl. They are super usefull.

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

and me.. i got killed to.. its a bad sigh when your wife grief her loss of her dino more than of her hubby :P

Sne is Danish for Snow

zedxrgal

Täräin13 - Well then. Since you bought it and are playing ............. then I'll withhold my screen shots. lol I didn't have many. The alpha raptors ones are cool so I may just post those. :lol:

Seila - Sorry love. I lost my stag (Megaloceros) yesterday working on the cove which was quite crushing. (Which you were around for) I just didn't see the other Troodons. I was going after the ones attacking my beaver. A pack of 6 Troo's is just too many to pay attention to. I was trying to stay mounted on Goblin and kill the three attacking the beaver. Mind you, this came not long after the sarco attack so my poor beaver had just been beaten up. And I got the red message and was like :shock: :? :cry: when I realized. I raced over and killed them then got his saddle. But that's the sucky part to this game. I feel you. Finding a tame you really like only to have it be destroyed by something out of your control. Had that happen with a female spino before you guys got me mine. Any-who. So as I said in chat. I got quite a bit done in the cove yesterday. Tribe setting are now that anyone in the tribe can snap so you can pick up where I left off. And. Looks like time may be of the essence now there too. Found storage two storage boxes. One new one that was old. Tribe name started with a V. Probably a good idea to get walls and gates up asap. I will not be in till tonight, maybe tomorrow night. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the allo!! New hunting party! For reals.

Speaking of dying horrible deaths. I laugh when I kill myself. Take yesterday for instance. Heading to an ally's base to pick up a new high level ptera and there is some lag (shocker). I pause to wait for Nef and start to go again and accidentally hit E instead of W. I mash the E button hoping I might grab her to no avail. I drop to the earth like a lead balloon. I scramble to my ptera. Don't care about my stuff just my bird all the while mentally /facepalm-ing calling myself a dumbass and laughing. My stuff is replaceable. My argy I am attached to A LOT and not replaceable. Getting back to her and the allies northern base was a exercise in frustration. My ptera was only level 55-60-ish and didn't exactly have the highest stamina. So I kept having to land to let her recoup it. Poor nef was lagging awfully bad so I felt even worse for her. This is now the second or third time I've killed myself while flying. :lol:

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

ahh the e pressing when flying.. been there, done that.. ALOT. My Indominux res (lvl 1016) got killed by a lvl 16 primal alpha giga... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I guess losing them before taming them is better, but still. Just sick of it. I see the same things roaming around for hours, literally, but if I like it, it seems to get killed right away.
zedxrgal

I think what screws I had for this game came loose & fell out just because of the reasons above. Things that just don't seem like they could possibly happen ........................ happen. For me. I have just started to find it funny. A turtle wiping the floor with a spino is quite a comical sight. Yesterday was just comedy. I saw THREE low level turtles (5, 15, 20) take on and kill a level 125 raptor. Some badass turtles right there! Just think about that for a second. I saw a level 30 turtle wipe the floor with a level 55 spino. Just makes no damn sense. Seeing a predator be taken out by a herbivore (within reason) creates a "WTF :o :shock: :lol: " moment in me. You wouldn't expect a beaver to destroy a rex. But I seen it happen. When level & size is in the predator's favor but a beaver chews it up, sniffs and walks away it has a tendency to tweak you a little.
But I agree Seila. I'd much rather a wild creature I want to be taken out then something I'm attached too. Wild creatures respawn in the same color often. Beloved creatures you were gifted or worked hard to tame do not. They cannot be brought back.

Edit: IT'S AN ANKY!!!
Sorry to post this here but I am a dino freak (have been since I was like 5) and this was just posted! They found an almost perfect Anky fossil! Check it out!
Ankylosaur nodosaur
So cool.

Edit #2:
Here's the SS's. Only two of the alpha raptor. It was only level 40 but they still take a little bit to kill.
In both screen shots you can see the fiery red fog.
I kind of chuckled it rad to attack Illia.

One of my raptors. He's super pretty and iridescent. Thank you nef for your help.

RAWR!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I LOVE Illia. That Raptor is stunning!!! Taking a little break from ARK as i am doing some fr stuff atm :D

Nefretiti

I lost Inga the iguanadon awhile back but instead .. meet Igor and Ingrid

Attachments
20170513222536_1.jpg
20170513222536_1.jpg (429.17 KiB) Viewed 2867 times

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Oh look.. another broken game mechanic. What's worse than chain stun? Two things than can lock you down so you can't do anything! I'm sure there are plenty more. That's fun, right? Right? Oh come now. It IS a survival game. Learn to adapt! Pft, come on.. you can get out of something that disables you so you can't do anything, get good.

*sigh*

I don't mind dieing. I mind it when I die to something that I have no control over, that I can't even fight back, or react to. I have a problem with broken mechanics in games being called a "challenge" because game designers can't tell the difference between a real challenge and just stupid.

Edit:
So, server got really laggy after yet another maint. I was like the only one on, too. Right when I was going to tame a Spino... so I said screw it and logged out. I've been playing in solo mode and just exploring The Center map. Been playing around, summoning crap, doing "research" like where Thyla are on the trees, etc. (The Thyla research didn't go well. They all seemed to fall off the tree as soon as I got in range to see them. Only one stayed on the tree and was stuck. I tried to see how close you had to get for them to aggro and.. well.. I had to peck him to knock him off.)

Anyway. When I logged back in after the maint earlier, I ran upstairs to this. Apparently my Quetz doesn't like being parked on the roof, so much so.. he rammed his foot through my ceiling to give me the middle finger.

Now, playing in solo mode. I decided to summon some things I've not seen in game yet. Which isn't much, as I saw a nearly beached boat eater whale thing, a Giga while flying around and several Archaes in the Redwoods. So first up was the Megalosaur and oh god. I NEEDS THEM IN MY LIFE. LOOK AT IT.

LOOK. AT. IT.

It curls up like a little cat and sleeps during the day. I just can't handle the cute. Apparently they live in caves... I'm not sure if I really want to go find one as it seems a bit scary, but.. I want one so bad now.

I also really want Archaeoptyrx, too. They're cute and make cute noises and flee from you. I chased a group back and forth between trees. They stick to them. Also a scary place to be on the official server... stupid Thyla.
Attachments
QuetzFinger.jpg
QuetzFinger.jpg (659.31 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
ADORBS.jpg
ADORBS.jpg (825.72 KiB) Viewed 1127 times
MOREDORBS.jpg
MOREDORBS.jpg (693.03 KiB) Viewed 1127 times