Pets disappeared after log out

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Pets disappeared after log out

Unread post by Nhee »

I'm sorry if this is the wrong category to post this in. Had a look around to see if I could find anything about this, but didn't look like it.

So I just got back to WoW after a half year break, and the first thing I did was to head out to Duskwood to tame Lightning Paw. Got him with no trouble, and went on my way. I logged for a while, and when I came back he was not in my stable.
I thought it was just a once-off bug, so I found and tamed him again. Then I went into Siege of Orgrimmar, and spawned a Green Juggernaut to tame. Had to relog due to framerate issues, and when I came back, both the fox and juggernaut were missing from my active pets list.
I tried to relog again, and the juggernaut is back, as well as the netherray I abandoned to make room for him. Fox is still gone.

I am really confused and kinda bummed out about the whole thing. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a common bug?
Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Pets disappeared after log out

Unread post by Rawr »

Turn off all your addons then log in, sometimes tweeks to the UI mess with your slots, making them look empty or erroring when you try to call a pet. :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

What Rawr said :) Also try deleting /renaming your Cache in your WoW application folder. Possibly the WTF folder too.

It's very likely it's still there. If you look at your character on the website Armory can you see your right pets? If it really is missing you can likely put in a ticket and get it restored too, that's happened a few times for players who have accidentally abandoned beloved pets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Hey, thanks for the replies. I disabled all addons and deleted the Cache and WTF folders. The fox is in my stables now, and the juggernaut is gone.

I am beyond confused right now. I know for a fact that I didn't abandon anything other than that netherray, and I'm kinda scared my other pets will start randomly disappearing. :shock:
Ah well, hopefully it's nothing a ticket to a GM can't fix.

EDIT:
Ok, I tried to log in and out a bunch of times, switching out pets from my stables. I now have 2 foxes, and no juggernaut. I don't know what's up, but unfortunately I think the juggernaut is gone for good. Oh well, I'll have to try and get another next week.
Also, maybe I'm just completely daft, but on the new armory I can't find anywhere to see my full stable, only my 5 active pets?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nhee wrote:Also, maybe I'm just completely daft, but on the new armory I can't find anywhere to see my full stable, only my 5 active pets?
Yeah, I figure if you just tamed it then it should be in your active pets, even if a bug was making it invisible. Ah well, hopefully a GM can fix it!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

You mention you had to relog due to framerate issues. I suspect that somewhere in the 'framerate issues', you may have spawned the juggernaut and not tamed it. The visual glitch you were having showed it, but you may not have actually *gotten* it. It sounds like a graphical error that hopefully got fixed when you moved things around and deleted the cache folder.
Come see Kurasu's stables!